Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You do know Ford Hired a Executive Director of Quality this year. Was brought in to fix quality issues that Farley promised he was going to fix in 2020.
Look, the goal for any company producing anything is to have as few defects as possible. Sure Ford has had some quality issues, sure they're working on getting better. But your argument "Un acceptable to have engine failure with this few miles." clearly isn't rooted in reality, not in the world we live in. There is going to be a certain percentage of defects, period. Making shit absolutely perfect every single time just isn't possible.

So let's calm down and hold judgement for at least a tiny little bit of time. Now if we start seeing a few more 3.0L engines blow, THEN you can go ahead and start the panicky worry about your Bronco and is it going to explode....
Sponsored

SROC3

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

maybe the cooling pump failed....ugh. Sorry to hear that man. I would ask for a completely NEW vehicle. But then again, even if they gave that to you , you would have to wait.

Canadian5.0

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Once these higher and higher interest rates start taking effect along with job losses and home prices dropping most manufacturers and parts vendors should have lots of time to clean up quality control with a lot less demand , better vehicles with markdowns and 0% interest rates with full lots coming to a dealer near you , waiting can be very beneficial

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 3.0T has been a great engine in the past. My Lincoln has 100k with zero issues. Hopefully the Raptor keeps that tradition.

Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nope , I’d tell them You want a factory new one… not one with a new motor dropped in at the dealer. I wouldn’t feel good about that big of an issue on an 80+- vehicle.
Yup, the best mechanic on the planet is not going to get that motor in, EXACTLY like it was built with it.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Towing one axle down w/ the Advanced 4x4 could shell the transfercase, he should ask for a new one of those also.
that would be user error. not sure that's covered under warranty!

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Look, the goal for any company producing anything is to have as few defects as possible. Sure Ford has had some quality issues, sure they're working on getting better. But your argument "Un acceptable to have engine failure with this few miles." clearly isn't rooted in reality, not in the world we live in. There is going to be a certain percentage of defects, period. Making shit absolutely perfect every single time just isn't possible.

So let's calm down and hold judgement for at least a tiny little bit of time. Now if we start seeing a few more 3.0L engines blow, THEN you can go ahead and start the panicky worry about your Bronco and is it going to explode....
Well, Ford is still having quality issues. Especially with the Bronco. I am not in a panic. Not really worried my Raptor engine will explode.

I'm also not a Fan Boy. I Know as does Farley, Ford has serious quality issues. Warrant repairs are killing their bottom line and Farley has stated that. Bronco has had way more than its fair share of warranty repairs. Heck they are still having issues with the Hard Top.

This is true.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry but one would have to maintain driving for some time without proper coolant in order to crack an engine head. The freaking dashboard would have been lit up like Christmas tree way before damage such as a cracked head from lack of coolant would arise. A simple failed gasket can fill a cylinder with coolant. Misfire codes along with a rough running motor would have been indicated way prior to heads cracking. If this is indeed a legitimate posting and there are head(s) with cracks, you can bet the heads were cracked during assembly or when manufactured.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry but one would have to maintain driving for some time without proper coolant in order to crack an engine head. The freaking dashboard would have been lit up like Christmas tree way before damage such as a cracked head from lack of coolant would arise. A simple failed gasket can fill a cylinder with coolant. Misfire codes along with a rough running motor would have been indicated way prior to heads cracking. If this is indeed a legitimate posting and there are head(s) with cracks, you can bet the heads were cracked during assembly or when manufactured.
I’m assuming the dealership told him the engine oil was full of coolant and he just assumed it had “cracked” both heads. Probably just trying to make it sound dramatic for his post.

Not to say this couldn’t happen, but I doubt that was the actual cause of failure.

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine and my 2 buddies are all defect free 1 year in. Remember you are reading a car forum. People don't post that they have had no issues. They post mod updates, small gripes, dealer sucks, mechanical issues, and mostly Ford sucks.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The 3.0T has been a great engine in the past. My Lincoln has 100k with zero issues. Hopefully the Raptor keeps that tradition.
I hope so too, but I also realize that this engine was modified relative to the turbos for the raptor. So it is not the exact set up that is in the Lincoln.
Sponsored