AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Most of these cars are being financed. I'm still amazed the banks are actually allowing people to take these loans out above MSRP. When this thing pops.... the car loan market will never be the same.
Sponsored

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Most of these cars are being financed. I'm still amazed the banks are actually allowing people to take these loans out above MSRP. When this thing pops.... the car loan market will never be the same.
Seems inevitable.
Wonder how it’ll unfold..

TxMike

Wildtrak
First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Banks won’t let u fiancé over sticker price. Any adm needs to be paid out of pocket during financing.

cbradio666

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, they do. All day, every day.

People finance accessories, extended warranties, handling fees, taxes etc. Plus dealer markups are not a new thing.

Every bank sets a % over msrp they will go on an individual vehicle for each specific borrower.

The last two cars I financed I was approved for almost double the car's MSRP.

TxMike

Wildtrak
First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That’s not what happened to me. I also think adm and accessories are different. I agree u can finance accessories but not the the difference between what msrp on vehicle and mark up is. I have researched it extensively. it’s too risky for the banks. I have spoken to 5 dealers across the country. Each one wanted adm up front to make the deal possible.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford should not release this Raptor to the dealer in question and sell it to a GT holder with the same build for MSRP instead.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Guess, I have a good dealer. I had a 2 door loaded badlands on order. In March they agreed to sell me a Raptor at MSRP if I would keep my 2 door order and let them Have it. Got the call today the the build week for the Raptor is 9-5-2022.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That’s not what happened to me. I also think adm and accessories are different. I agree u can finance accessories but not the the difference between what msrp on vehicle and mark up is. I have researched it extensively. it’s too risky for the banks. I have spoken to 5 dealers across the country. Each one wanted adm up front to make the deal possible.
It's called Loan to Value. Banks are willing to finance to a certain percentage of LTV, depends on the person's credit and income. I've seen as high as 140% LTV, but that's with stellar credit in a different environment.

Most CUs cap it at 120-125% LTV, some banks are 130%, all depends on the credit.

Example:
$50K F-150 with $5k ADM

100%= 50k
Taxes/fees=6k
ADM=5k

Total financed= 61k divided by 50k= 122% LTV. With the right credit and income this deal could get done with 0 down.

$25k Maverick with $5k ADM
100%= 25k
Taxes/fees=3k
ADM=5K

Total Financed = $33k divided by 25k= 132% LTV.

XmasLightsBronco

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wrote this in another ADM question thread, but my dealer, Villa Ford in SoCal, is charging $50k ADM for Braptors. They said it is a collector item and only get 6 allocations a year as the #2 Raptor dealer in the US.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody that pays $178k for a vehicle that isn't a Lamborghini, Ferrari etc. is an idiot, period.

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Anybody that pays $178k for a vehicle that isn't a Lamborghini, Ferrari etc. is an idiot, period.
What about classic cars? 90's imports are hovering around that range right now (not lambos/ferraris/porsche/etc).

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What about classic cars? 90's imports are hovering around that range right now (not lambos/ferraris/porsche/etc).
I just don't see them maintaining crazy value like exotic cars in the long run. Your still talking about a car that was mass produced and fairly common at one point. I no shit knew a kid in high school that went through 3 Supra twin turbos in the mid 90s. He totalled out 2 of them then got rid of the 3rd when daddy bought him a new Porsche for his graduation.

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I just don't see them maintaining crazy value like exotic cars in the long run. Your still talking about a car that was mass produced and fairly common at one point. I no shit knew a kid in high school that went through 3 Supra twin turbos in the mid 90s. He totalled out 2 of them then got rid of the 3rd when daddy bought him a new Porsche for his graduation.
Yeah, I was just being sarcastic. Haha.

Must be nice to be that dude, blowing through money with no care.

Myke98

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Chula Vista Ford is +$30k and they claim to have a committed 18 person waiting list at that price. This was on 7/29.
Sponsored

Last edited: