First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That sounds great, I want to know why they can’t seem to release one for the 2.3. I know no one cares about the 2.3, but when it’s all said and done the 4 banger turbo will be up there in HP with the right mods. I assume they just made two of the 2.7 downpipes for the 3.0??

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sounds great, I want to know why they can’t seem to release one for the 2.3. I know no one cares about the 2.3, but when it’s all said and done the 4 banger turbo will be up there in HP with the right mods. I assume they just made two of the 2.7 downpipes for the 3.0??
I ran out of fuel on my 2.7 around 450 horse. So the max on a 2.7 is around that until a ecu crack. Gonna be a sad day when the 2.3 pipes come out in a couple months. They will end up being the highest horse and have a manual to boot. Bastards. Already thinking about selling.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Meh. Probably no power gain and very expensive. Would need to be coupled with an appropriate tune to show any power gains.

OP
OP
Ground_zero298

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Meh. Probably no power gain and very expensive. Would need to be coupled with an appropriate tune to show any power gains.
Throwing them on will get some lower egt’s and deeper exhaust note. Will have to see how the 3.0 ecu likes them. I know the 2.7 was confused and needed a tune.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ran out of fuel on my 2.7 around 450 horse. So the max on a 2.7 is around that until a ecu crack. Gonna be a sad day when the 2.3 pipes come out in a couple months. They will end up being the highest horse and have a manual to boot. Bastards. Already thinking about selling.
This is why you lobby your elected representatives, people. The John Deere's and Ford's of the world will always have more money to do this and beg/bribe for forgiveness later. All you have is your vote and whatever letter writing and such gets you.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, we should have been first, those bastards

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Not terrible.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The 2.3 block is only good to 400whp so you don't have to worry about a 2.3 blowing your doors off unless it's a built 2.0 block.

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The 2.3 block is only good to 400whp so you don't have to worry about a 2.3 blowing your doors off unless it's a built 2.0 block.
Do you mean something in the 2.3 internals as opposed to the block? Seems unliley a block would fail before a rod/piston/valve. On top of that is there any evidence of this claim?

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you mean something in the 2.3 internals as opposed to the block? Seems unliley a block would fail before a rod/piston/valve. On top of that is there any evidence of this claim?
Focus RS forums and Mustang Ecoboost forums, know issue. 400whp is based on car tires so we may be limited to 350whp on 35s to 37s.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Focus RS forums and Mustang Ecoboost forums, know issue. 400whp is based on car tires so we may be limited to 350whp on 35s to 37s.

Hmmm, not really what I was asking. You said the 2.3l BLOCK is limiting max power. That doesn't sound correct.