Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like the gauge clusters will be swappable, at least mechanically. You can see here that the opening is the same for both, it’s just a difference in the plastic border pieces on the side of the clusters which look to be separate pieces from the large plastic gauge enclosure.

F10081A7-19B4-479A-9C7D-AEA112941A0C.png

651C9DEF-2FD4-45C8-82EC-D3DE01D31100.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
jalawson

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If this is possible, I'm in! Bring on the "can't do that" posts. 3....2.....1.....
I’m guessing it will be years before purchasing the parts is feasible. I’m sure there will be a few available from totaled Raptors but the usual Ford OEM part supplier sources will take a while to get this kind of thing.

The first step will be getting some Raptor owners to share their Forscan builds.

Rip

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think this along with the premium dash vinyl were originally intended to be part of the Lux packages. It didn't make the cut. I believe @ZackDanger might have been the one to point this out before. I don't recall.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco comes with an 8" gauge cluster screen. The Raptor comes with a 12" screen. I wonder if there is space to fit the 12" screen without other modifications?

Sponsored
OP
OP
jalawson

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco comes with an 8" gauge cluster screen. The Raptor comes with a 12" screen. I wonder if there is space to fit the 12" screen without other modifications?
Check out the pics in the original post, there’s definitely space.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think this along with the premium dash vinyl were originally intended to be part of the Lux packages. It didn't make the cut. I believe @ZackDanger might have been the one to point this out before. I don't recall.
That was a working theory of what “High Level Instrument Panel” (that was referred to in some of the early documents) meant…

Ford later insisted that it didn’t mean anything, and definitely didn’t refer to an all digital instrument cluster…

Occam’s razor tells me they were in fact hoping/planning on this dash in the higher trims, but the chip and manufacturing delays were getting so bad they decided to scrap it in favor of getting Bronco’s rolled out to market.

IMHO

OP
OP
jalawson

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like a bezel and $1000+ will do the trick!
Agreed. I’d guess the cost would be around $2000 when you’re all said and done but we’ll see. Might need a wiring harness section too but hopefully not.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll be on this ASAP - the stock dash is so hideous I almost didn't bother test driving. The test drive was so much better than my JLUR that I decided to order in spite of the dash. The funny thing is that I would assume the all LCD dash is probably cheaper than the lower dash seeing as how the all LCD has no motor for a dial.

I'd also be interested to see if any aftermarket companies come out with some nice dash options.

Sponsored

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking at Demuro’s Raptor review it’s clear a lot of screens have Raptor specific graphics and other pages. I was wondering if some experienced person could say if this is an issue for this sort of an upgrade. Will it mean that without all the Raptor modules it’ll error out?

yeah I know it’s early, but with a BL Lix build I’m getting annoyed that we lost hood shocks 12” digital dash, and temp knob gauges.

OP
OP
jalawson

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco, ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking at Demuro’s Raptor review it’s clear a lot of screens have Raptor specific graphics and other pages. I was wondering if some experienced person could say if this is an issue for this sort of an upgrade. Will it mean that without all the Raptor modules it’ll error out?

yeah I know it’s early, but with a BL Lix build I’m getting annoyed that we lost hood shocks 12” digital dash, and temp knob gauges.
In my experience with the F150 and Forscan it will depend on if they truly did/do plan on putting the 12” cluster in the higher trim models. If so it will be as easy as changing a few numbers and letters in Forscan and it will display the correct trim. If not, then you’ll be stuck with the bronco raptor displaying on it and if there are actual modules that it tries to access and can’t then those won’t display correctly. Those who are investigating Forscan would better be able to answer this and may be able to know the answer already.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My thoughts are about two things. The raptor specific items like live shocks and other modules. The other is the auto only configuration meaning those of us with say a manual badlands will have to run an auto instrument cluster.

Easier option would be Ford pushes a updates tach image for the existing panel...hell charge $50 and I bet they make a killing on it.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I often wonder if the cluster with the screen and gauge is more expensive to build than a single screen yet manufacturers promote it as an "upgrade"
Sponsored