Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why was he banned?
Probably not "banned" as much as Ford sent him off the deep end and had all his content removed. He knew too much.
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why was he banned?

The suspicion/evidence pointing to the original intent being including the digital cluster in the Lux package would be the only reason Iā€™d think that mode would exist. If they designed for it to be in the lower Broncos originally then the software is probably in there already. Especially if they didnā€™t completely kill the idea in case they decide to make it an option down the road.

Unfortunately with no digital cluster broncos out there it will be educated guesses based on the raptor and other vehicles and testing to check and find if the mode exists. Or, with any luck, itā€™ll just work like in the Maverick.
They may have considered it, but it wasnā€™t built. So the programming isnā€™t there or accessible to anyone other than Ford (if the thought even got to that stage) Programming for a Lux digital dash conversion is certainly not hiding anywhere in forscan though.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably not "banned" as much as Ford sent him off the deep end and had all his content removed. He knew too much.
Yep, was no doubt caught giving away the secret to the sauce :(

OP
OP
jalawson

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco, ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My salesman is getting a Raptor in any day now and is going to let me come check out the cluster. Iā€™m going to go through every feature in it and see how much of it, if any, is Raptor specific that might stop working with the sensor present in a Lux Badlands. Iā€™m also going to try and capture asbuilt Forscan data on the relevant modules if theyā€™ll let me.

They said theyā€™ve seen the digital cluster swap done on Mustangs and F150s and it worked on all of them as a simple plug and play swap.

Everything Iā€™m seeing is making me more and more inclined to bite the bullet and buy a cluster when theyā€™re available to try it.

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My salesman is getting a Raptor in any day now and is going to let me come check out the cluster. Iā€™m going to go through every feature in it and see how much of it, if any, is Raptor specific that might stop working with the sensor present in a Lux Badlands. Iā€™m also going to try and capture asbuilt Forscan data on the relevant modules if theyā€™ll let me.

They said theyā€™ve seen the digital cluster swap done on Mustangs and F150s and it worked on all of them as a simple plug and play swap.

Everything Iā€™m seeing is making me more and more inclined to bite the bullet and buy a cluster when theyā€™re available to try it.
Very interested in your findings.

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I can add to this as I am planning on raptorizing my 1st edition at some point... Force scan allows the vin to be changed to a raptor which I've done on my FE and you can update the modules to the raptor programming and most of it will function and the truck will run and drive however there there are certain modules that are different and are missing in my 2021 FE edition so those would need to be added and additionally the wiring would need to be added for those extra modules for example the suspension Is tied to its own module which is different. One word of warning is that the Module that controls the display on the dash can take up to 4 hours or 5 hours for programming and configuration to occur while trying to upload the raptor version my programming failed and nearly bricked my module it took 48 hours of fooling around to get it back to normal.

So in my opinion a raptor dash is an easy swap with the other required modules.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can add to this as I am planning on raptorizing my 1st edition at some point... Force scan allows the vin to be changed to a raptor which I've done on my FE and you can update the modules to the raptor programming and most of it will function and the truck will run and drive however there there are certain modules that are different and are missing in my 2021 FE edition so those would need to be added and additionally the wiring would need to be added for those extra modules for example the suspension Is tied to its own module which is different. One word of warning is that the Module that controls the display on the dash can take up to 4 hours or 5 hours for programming and configuration to occur while trying to upload the raptor version my programming failed and nearly bricked my module it took 48 hours of fooling around to get it back to normal.

Where did you get the 4-5 hours of programming?

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Where did you get the 4-5 hours of programming?
That's how long it takes with Ford's FDR S. 1st you have to do the programming or PMI and then you have to do the configuration each of them takes quite a long time if it's successful the 1st time

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Fordtorino93

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

I would definitely be interested in doing this to my FE as well.

Sponsored

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder what the gear display would do with mine being a manual. Super interested in this as I think the factory dash looks like garbage

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd throw $20 bucks someones way to soften the financial blow of being a guinea pig/trail blazer for this swap. I'm sure there's enough people together that could sponsor a panel.

But the cynical side of me also sees someone taking said money and running.

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd throw $20 bucks someones way to soften the financial blow of being a guinea pig/trail blazer for this swap. I'm sure there's enough people together that could sponsor a panel.

But the cynical side of me also sees someone taking said money and running.
I mean, I'd do it when the parts are available. I don't think any of these screens will be easy to get for at least a year or 2.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I mean, I'd do it when the parts are available. I don't think any of these screens will be easy to get for at least a year or 2.
Actually they are available surprisingly. I had my parts department check and they said it would take about 2-3 days to get one. It is about $800 though.
The part number is: N2DZ-10849-A

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Actually they are available surprisingly. I had my parts department check and they said it would take about 2-3 days to get one. It is about $800 though.
The part number is: N2DZ-10849-A
No shit? Interesting. I lack a lot of the programming knowledge to do this, but I'd give it a go at some point. It's lower than m210 and hoss 3.0 steering on my list of crap to do.
Sponsored