drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One thing to note for when you guys order the cluster... once you order the new cluster do not drive it while you wait.

You have to give your mileage when you order and the new cluster comes preprogrammed with that mileage, then the techs program the cluster to the vehicle. If you continue to drive you're mileage will be off, although it does help resale value lol
You can always program the mileage higher, Forscan can even do it. However to program it lower you need to have a dealer authorized to do so do it.
Sponsored

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

One thing to note for when you guys order the cluster... once you order the new cluster do not drive it while you wait.

You have to give your mileage when you order and the new cluster comes preprogrammed with that mileage, then the techs program the cluster to the vehicle. If you continue to drive you're mileage will be off, although it does help resale value lol
You can increase mileage with FORSCAN by the way. You cannot DECREASE - but you can increase mileage. Did it on several digital instrument cluster swaps into S550 Mustangs. The aftermarket companies were selling a complete swap kit "programmed" for like $2300. Back then you could literally buy brand new Ford parts from the right online dealer for a bit over $1K and simply program / install.

I have no doubt the Raptor cluster will work with the Bronco. Mass manufacturing means saving money whenever possible - no reason to have two totally different wiring harnesses at the cluster side. I'm sure there would be a lot of wading through FORSCAN to get rid of error messages for non-existent options etc - but nothing that hasn't been done with other models such as the Mustangs etc.

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can always program the mileage higher, Forscan can even do it. However to program it lower you need to have a dealer authorized to do so do it.
You can increase mileage with FORSCAN by the way. You cannot DECREASE - but you can increase mileage. Did it on several digital instrument cluster swaps into S550 Mustangs. The aftermarket companies were selling a complete swap kit "programmed" for like $2300. Back then you could literally buy brand new Ford parts from the right online dealer for a bit over $1K and simply program / install.

I have no doubt the Raptor cluster will work with the Bronco. Mass manufacturing means saving money whenever possible - no reason to have two totally different wiring harnesses at the cluster side. I'm sure there would be a lot of wading through FORSCAN to get rid of error messages for non-existent options etc - but nothing that hasn't been done with other models such as the Mustangs etc.
Since when? The last time I programmed a cluster I couldn't touch the mileage. Unless this is another feature with FDRS I haven't needed to use before?

I don't really know what forscan is, I have IDS on laptop still so I use that whenever I need to. Another member explained it to me but all I remember is it's some backdoor hack that mimics IDS or FDRS? Idk.

And I never said it was impossible, just be mindful of the mileage.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Since when? The last time I programmed a cluster I couldn't touch the mileage. Unless this is another feature with FDRS I haven't needed to use before?

I don't really know what forscan is, I have IDS on laptop still so I use that whenever I need to. Another member explained it to me but all I remember is it's some backdoor hack that mimics IDS or FDRS? Idk.

And I never said it was impossible, just be mindful of the mileage.
Forscan is a completely different program. It's actually Russian in origination (it's been around for a long time). The software is free. The trial 2 month license (which you can keep renewing indefinitely) is Free. It's been around for a LONG time. The origin story I heard, which makes sense, is that YEARS ago - people in Russia would buy / import new / used Ford vehicles. They only can order certain option packages etc. Then they would get the cars and stuff that they had paid for (or had to pay for in export available packages) didn't work. For example, Navigation. So some software guys created FORSCAN.

IDS is actually more "powerful" than FORSCAN, but FORSCAN is geared towards end users / owners wanting to tinker around and change settings etc. As it's developed, it's gotten more and more support, more features etc.

So yes, FORSCAN has the ability to INCREASE mileage on many digital instrument clusters, but you can't decrease mileage. They did that on purpose of course.

There is a HUGE market in used vehicles being bought in the U.S. and then exported to other countries. A big part of this market is salvage vehicles. One reason for this is the sometimes MASSIVE VAT and import taxes many European citizens have to pay when importing new / used vehicles. A guy I served with turned me on to Forscan years ago. He retired from the Army. His children were grown, and he and his wife really liked living in Europe. So they moved there permanently. He wanted a Mustang GT. The import taxes etc were ridiculous and he could only order certain options and only so many would get imported each year. But after studying the laws of his now home country, he was able to buy a salvage car at auction in the U.S., have it imported to his country, repair it - get it safety inspected and drive it. It saved him thousands of dollars even after all the work he put into it.

Where he lived there essentially was no Ford Dealer support / service at all. So when he replaced damaged electrical components, the ONLY route was buying used components and then programming them to work with his particular model / optioned car. This is where FORSCAN came in.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jalawson

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco, ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Resurrecting this and bringing it back on topic. Now that raptor VINs and part numbers are coming out does anybody have a PN list for the cluster? Also, a diagram to compare the Raptor cluster stack to a Lux cluster stack?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Resurrecting this and bringing it back on topic. Now that raptor VINs and part numbers are coming out does anybody have a PN list for the cluster? Also, a diagram to compare the Raptor cluster stack to a Lux cluster stack?
N2DZ-10849-A

I donā€™t see this swap working, programming wise. But who knows, hopefully someone can figure it out.

OP
OP
jalawson

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco, ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

N2DZ-10849-A

I donā€™t see this swap working, programming wise. But who knows, hopefully someone can figure it out.
Parts wise does that look like the only part that needs to be swapped in the stack?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Parts wise does that look like the only part that needs to be swapped in the stack?
Not sure. I can check with my parts department a little later though. Just comparing the 2, they seem exactly the same size and everything. So if I had to guess, physically theyā€™re the exact same size and nothing else would be needed.

OP
OP
jalawson

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco, ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure. I can check with my parts department a little later though. Just comparing the 2, they seem exactly the same size and everything. So if I had to guess, physically theyā€™re the exact same size and nothing else would be needed.
That would be awesome. Then all we would need to is find someone with a Raptor to share their as-built data for the relevant modules.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That would be awesome. Then all we would need to is find someone with a Raptor to share their as-built data for the relevant modules.
Iā€™m not sure it would be that easy. Even if the programming somehow did go through, the majority of the raptor cluster features wouldnā€™t even work on a standard bronco.

OP
OP
jalawson

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco, ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m not sure it would be that easy. Even if the programming somehow did go through, the majority of the raptor cluster features wouldnā€™t even work on a standard bronco.
Iā€™m honestly hoping thereā€™s a mode for the cluster in there already designed for the Lux Broncos that somebody finds by playing around but if not what Raptor features wouldnā€™t work on a Lux Badlands? I havenā€™t seen one in person so everything Iā€™m going off of is from videos and past experience with Forscan.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you go back to d2dhanover who unlocked the goat modes with Forscan, people were asking him about raptor cluster swaps before he was banned and he said it wasn't going to be possible for some reason. Just throwing that out there.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Iā€™m honestly hoping thereā€™s a mode for the cluster in there already designed for the Lux Broncos that somebody finds by playing around but if not what Raptor features wouldnā€™t work on a Lux Badlands? I havenā€™t seen one in person so everything Iā€™m going off of is from videos and past experience with Forscan.
I wish there was some mode like that also, but I can guarantee that isnā€™t in there lol Itā€™s hard to say what all would and wouldnā€™t work.
Thereā€™s a bunch of features that wouldnā€™t work for sure though, any of the MyMode features, active exhaust, active suspension, active steering just to name a few. It just has a whole lot more features that I donā€™t see working correctly with a regular bronco.

OP
OP
jalawson

jalawson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Bronco, ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you go back to d2dhanover who unlocked the goat modes with Forscan, people were asking him about raptor cluster swaps before he was banned and he said it wasn't going to be possible for some reason. Just throwing that out there.
Why was he banned?

I wish there was some mode like that also, but I can guarantee that isnā€™t in there lol Itā€™s hard to say what all would and wouldnā€™t work.
Thereā€™s a bunch of features that wouldnā€™t work for sure though, any of the MyMode features, active exhaust, active suspension, active steering just to name a few. It just has a whole lot more features that I donā€™t see working correctly with a regular bronco.
The suspicion/evidence pointing to the original intent being including the digital cluster in the Lux package would be the only reason Iā€™d think that mode would exist. If they designed for it to be in the lower Broncos originally then the software is probably in there already. Especially if they didnā€™t completely kill the idea in case they decide to make it an option down the road.

Unfortunately with no digital cluster broncos out there it will be educated guesses based on the raptor and other vehicles and testing to check and find if the mode exists. Or, with any luck, itā€™ll just work like in the Maverick.
Sponsored