Sponsored

Bronco Raptor, Color match flares azure gray, matte wrap, blacked out vent n skid

Florida Man

Raptor
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Really feeling the blacked out side vents, nice touch. I've got the same color Raptor, I've got to quit getting on here or I'm never going to stop spending money on this thing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mobrap

Mobrap

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Really feeling the blacked out side vents, nice touch. I've got the same color Raptor, I've got to quit getting on here or I'm never going to stop spending money on this thing.
lol 100%, next is lights intercooler and tune… then exhaust and hopefully they have a new in take by then FML lol

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don't even have an allocation yet, but I think I'm very close.

Still a large spreadsheet going for mods and add ons.

It's a "sickness"...

3k6vw7.jpg

Blairwarlock

Raptor
First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover SVR Carbon, 911 GT3 Touring, 911 GT3RS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Huh? The matte wrap is PPF. It'll protect the painted flares since they are wrapped as well.
I’m not concerned about rocks chips. PPF is not going to protect painted plastic when it’s flexing while off-roading. Paint can crack when it flexes. Also if you’ve driven a Raptor those fenders are wide and you can’t exactly see them. You’re going to hit something eventually.

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not concerned about rocks chips. PPF is not going to protect painted plastic when it’s flexing while off-roading. Paint can crack when it flexes. Also if you’ve driven a Raptor those fenders are wide and you can’t exactly see them. You’re going to hit something eventually.
Why would the fenders flex when off-roading?

Aren't the painted fenders on the outerbanks painted plastic? Why would ford include them if they will crack?

Also, almost every car on earth has plastic painted bumpers that flex perfectly fine without the paint cracking...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mobrap

Mobrap

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Replace, paint and wrap once again… wtf, am I buying a raptor to pussyfoot around? We ain’t talking blowing an engine. They’re fucking fenders my man
Why would the fenders flex when off-roading?

Aren't the painted fenders on the outerbanks painted plastic? Why would ford include them if they will crack?

Also, almost every car on earth has plastic painted bumpers that flex perfectly fine without the paint cracking...
Agreed, they’re not really malleable. And while scratches on the black plastic versus the paint may hide better… I didn’t care. Can always repaint wrap if they get thrashed.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
...wtf, am I buying a raptor to pussyfoot around? We ain’t talking blowing an engine. They’re fucking fenders my man... Can always repaint wrap if they get thrashed.
That's the "Braptor spirit". Right on.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Looks great. It came together nicely. They Raptor fenders are surprisingly strong. The fender clips are not.

OP
OP
Mobrap

Mobrap

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
update, good and bad… took the brap to Mojave today. Performed amazing, wrap held up with zero issues. Not even close to a scratch/pin stripes on anything (outside of a minor one on the skid plate from the rock portion). Ran sand/dirt, then rocks. Checked myself prior to getting on the 14 home, then once again near home to fill up gas… once home, realized the whole front right fender came off. Backtracked with sleeping kids in the back, no luck finding it. This is 100% the shit clips from ford… i.e. taking them off to paint/wrap and reattaching with a new factory set of clips. Already placed and order for replacement and will have paint/wrap/install by EOW. My guy said he’ll also order the badlands clips and after markets as he’s heard they’ve worked better on reattaching the larger flares. So hey, wrap held up, ford clips didn’t :/

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor, Color match flares azure gray, matte wrap, blacked out vent n skid IMG_8495

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor, Color match flares azure gray, matte wrap, blacked out vent n skid IMG_0874

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor, Color match flares azure gray, matte wrap, blacked out vent n skid 70710058791__138DAEDB-4A18-4A2D-9A55-BEDAFB154E39

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So hey, wrap held up, ford clips didn’t
Wow, that sucks, not an inexpensive situation...

That said, sounds highly suspicious to me. If I was a betting man, I'd put at least 100:1 on the problem(s) being with the disassembly and reassembly instead of with Ford's parts or processes.

Wasn't there two disassembly/reassembly procedures for both the paint and wrap? One or both of those folks screwed this up.

I trust you've heard of Occam's Razor...?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mobrap

Mobrap

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Painted/wrapped all in one… i trust that you’d look at these clips, see the installation process as it was happening, and question their durability, especially when aware of the force required to attach these monsters.

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor, Color match flares azure gray, matte wrap, blacked out vent n skid IMG_0911
Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor, Color match flares azure gray, matte wrap, blacked out vent n skid IMG_0912

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sorry, don't understand your post just above...

There have been a lot of folks wheeling a lot of Raptors hard and I'm willing to bet this is the first occurrence of this very odd phenomena (of course outside of a collision and damaged fender).

The very part that fell off was worked on outside the factory. Again Occam's Razor...

I've seen much discussion (here on the forum) about the factory OEM fender clips (difficulty getting a part number) and many aftermarket and close fitting options which have been substituted. Are you sure what was used on your rig?

I'm still just not getting it. These are the possibilities I see them:
  1. You got a batch of defective OEM clips (seems a diminishingly small chance of this).
  2. The wrong clips were used.
  3. A knock off part was used.
  4. Someone botched some labor or did so in combination with #2 or #3 above.
Do I take it that your position as to the cause of the fender loss is #1?

ironmike

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Nope. I do not grok this. You got rid of black flares but blacked out your grills. Huh? Whatevs.

OP
OP
Mobrap

Mobrap

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@Mobrap
May I ask which bull/safari bar you have?
Was just a placeholder, cheap amazon one... I ended up doing a 30in s8 BD light bar, and had a custom bar fab'd. We used the proper anchors from the actual bronco bar, and worked it from there to frame out the light bar. I didn't want the FORD decal to be blocked since I matched it up with the paint.

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 4.15.54 PM.png
Sponsored