Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

driver was mobing... Looks like the F150 Raptor over the whoops.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Braptor seems awesome. I do hate the flares and it's to wide for my use but it definitely seems like a good value if you can actually use the suspension (meaning hitting dunes, whoops, etc).

Also, depending on how many modifications you want to do to a 2.7L I bet you could hit the same acceleration as a stock raptor. Zero warranty on that though.

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You think there is a 25% drivetrain loss?
It isn't that unusual per a few sources on 4 wheel drive or AWD vehicles. Agree that would be at the very high end. All dynos and types can give very different #'s that us why so important to baseline and get updates from same one to see deltas.

Nothing Left

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Audi A8, Wrangler JK, WR450F
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Also, in that video I saw Silver Raptor...
That doesn’t look like a Silver Raptor. Zoom in and the flares look painted, the beauty rings are a silver color and the taillights look like signature. Looks like a custom build to me.

Sponsored

monsterfd

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 raptor widebody 37s, 2018 raptor 2018 JKU 35s
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Also, depending on how many modifications you want to do to a 2.7L I bet you could hit the same acceleration as a stock raptor. Zero warranty on that though.
I don’t think so, check my previous post. Short of a bore and stroke I don’t think you’ll make 100tq almost 1000rpms sooner on a 2.7 with any bolt ons.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t think so, check my previous post. Short of a bore and stroke I don’t think you’ll make 100tq almost 1000rpms sooner on a 2.7 with any bolt ons.
You would be shocked what you can get out of a DI turbo motor. You just have to give up all warranty hopes lol. Factory tunes and all these "canned' tunes out here are still so far on the safe side. You can ramp up the boost in the low rpm range and make some real power. At least I assume you can. You will need way more than some tuner and a cai though.

Hell a high-flow Cat or no cat (if you're brave) will move the spool lower in the rpm range and get you way more tq in the low range. But I do completely agree that its wiser and in the long run probably cheaper to just buy the Braptor. I really wish it wasn't so wide and I'd have an order on one.

Last edited:

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Low end is going to be hard to squeeze anything out of. You can add more boost but you can’t get them to spool faster/sooner. You would need to make the turbos sequential, one smaller than stock turbo to increase low end and one larger one to hold the power band, or stack a supercharger on it. Other than that it looks like the low end is maxed out. That’s not a bad thing, it’s a great power band from a 2.7, but it’s no 3.0
Eh it would need some testing but I would bet with a cat-less exhaust and maybe an e85 tune it would hit the numbers. Again silly IMO to do on a Bronco but if this motor was in a mustang it would be a blast. I've seen 2.3L 4cyl with a factory turbo hit 300+ tq in the sub 3000 rpm range. Of course your pushing the limits of factory internals etc.

Hey someone just needs to clamp the Wastegates closed and do a dyno pull for science lol !!!!!

Sorry for getting way off topic though. The Braptor looks like it rips from the factory with full warranty which is hard to beat. Can't wait to drive one.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

A moving exterior look:

THIS MADE ME HORNY! BRB! GOING TO FIND THE WIFE! BOUT TO BLOW HER BACK OUT!
How you gonna drive a Raptor around NW DC? Also, in that video I saw Silver Raptor...
LOL, there won't be much driving in the city. Georgia to 495 to 270 and I'm gone.

monsterfd

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Eh it would need some testing but I would bet with a cat-less exhaust and maybe an e85 tune it would hit the numbers. Again silly IMO to do on a Bronco but if this motor was in a mustang it would be a blast. I've seen 2.3L 4cyl with a factory turbo hit 300+ tq in the sub 3000 rpm range. Of course your pushing the limits of factory internals etc.

Hey someone just needs to clamp the Wastegates closed and do a dyno pull for science lol !!!!!

Sorry for getting way off topic though. The Braptor looks like it rips from the factory with full warranty which is hard to beat. Can't wait to drive one.
could you imagine what the tq would look like on a catless 3.0? that ramp would look like a v8 lmao

Sponsored

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

could you imagine what the tq would look like on a catless 3.0? that ramp would look like a v8 lmao
Oh yea that would be amazing I am really excited to drive one and see how it is. If only it just a little narrower.....maybe I can take the flares off and get some super positive offset wheels lol

monsterfd

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Oh yea that would be amazing I am really excited to drive one and see how it is. If only it just a little narrower.....maybe I can take the flares off and get some super positive offset wheels lol
its as wide as my raptor is so im fine with the width, and hey no girl has ever wanted you to go narrower where it counts, just sayin...OK were really getting off topic now LOL

cyber007x

Raptor
First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco RAPTOR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The Ra
THIS MADE ME HORNY! BRB! GOING TO FIND THE WIFE! BOUT TO BLOW HER BACK OUT!

LOL, there won't be much driving in the city. Georgia to 495 to 270 and I'm gone.
Drive that Raptor down Constitution .. lol During morning Rush Hour. Hell I'm trying to buy house in AZ so I can "Live that life" What color did you order?

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

its as wide as my raptor is so im fine with the width, and hey no girl has ever wanted you to go narrower where it counts, just sayin...OK were really getting off topic now LOL
I feel ya, trails here in the mtns of GA are super narrow. I've already hit my mirrors on trees and rubbed my flares.

jcdrico

Outer Banks
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bigger flares Bigger price same clicking sound on the hardtop.
Sponsored