First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Heading North on I-71 (North of Columbus) on 11-19-2022. There were many accidents and slow-downs.

Bronco Raptor did a good job. When I first came upon the bad roads, I was still in normal mode. Minimal fishtailing a couple different times. But then I put it in the slippery GOAT mode And never had an issue.

The only thing that would freak me out is when a huge gust of wind came. This happened at least 3-4 times and every time, the vehicle really seemed to shift. It just felt especially bad compared to a normal vehicle.
I’m sure this is a direct result of driving a large high-riding Bronco.

Was also pleased to get 16 MPG average over about 100 mile trip.

Other than that, everything was fine.

F7BCA837-55BC-421C-BF8A-D157759A1495.jpeg
E661CAE7-7553-46EE-8B35-4CAF33E98C9D.jpeg

Good to see. Curious, in snow like that, why not use 4H and slippery?
Sponsored

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got back from a trip to Montana and it was below 0 and snow/hardpack on the roads. I used 4A most of the time, and 4H with the rear lockers on if I was on unpaved roads. I have KO2s on my Badlands and it did great.

I still get confused (and didn't spend time to figure it out) if "Slippery/Wet" mode was something you did "in addition to" going into 4A or 4H, or if you just picked the GOAT mode you wanted and didn't mess with the 2H/4A/4H/4L settings.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The wind gust piece is an issue for most box-shaped vehicles unfortunately.

Glad it handled well; I never had an issue in my Badlands and thought the vehicle handled amazingly in harsh winter conditions.

Not sure I’d be filming a video on my phone while driving in those conditions though 🤷‍♂️
To be fair the entire region has received about .5 inches of snow so far so this was really just a quick hitting squall.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
The wind gust piece is an issue for most box-shaped vehicles unfortunately.

Glad it handled well; I never had an issue in my Badlands and thought the vehicle handled amazingly in harsh winter conditions.

Not sure I’d be filming a video on my phone while driving in those conditions though 🤷‍♂️
I have just a lowly Base Bronco. The way it drives on the highway and handles wind is one of the areas it has exceeded my expectations. The small sedans I'm used to tend to get tossed around more on a windy day.

Sponsored

Wild Horses 4x4

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wildhorses4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got back from a trip to Montana and it was below 0 and snow/hardpack on the roads. I used 4A most of the time, and 4H with the rear lockers on if I was on unpaved roads. I have KO2s on my Badlands and it did great.

I still get confused (and didn't spend time to figure it out) if "Slippery/Wet" mode was something you did "in addition to" going into 4A or 4H, or if you just picked the GOAT mode you wanted and didn't mess with the 2H/4A/4H/4L settings.
Would also like to know this ...

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If you're living in a snow belt, I'd love to see that car with genuine Ice Tires like Bridgestone Blizzak or Goodyear Ultragrip with the special ice compounds. No fancy off-road tread will work on Ice, but short of chains or studds, those ICE tires are great. When i lived Upstate NY, I always had sets of 4 studded snows or compound Ice Tires. On at Thanksgiving, off by Easter!

Secondly, that 4A setting in the Advanced Transfer Case, or the "Slippery" setting in GOAT, should be killers in the snow . . . And Ice. As Im sure you know, there are alot of careless fools who drive their 4WD too fast in the snow, forgetting that moving forward is the easy part. Its stopping, turning where the rubber meets the road. Ill look forward to more stories in the snow.
I guess ice is a problem down south, up north we need to plow through drifts. These ko2's work great in snow, I've been driving though DEEP snow drifted logging roads this week in northern wisconsin for deer season. My BR was unstoppable, the cleareance makes a truly impressive snow macine.

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bring the Raptor gauges to the rest of the line.

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely feel the boxy vehicle thing. I hated the wind gusts in my lifted Cherokee, got stuck in a monsoon storm in northern AZ with 60-70mph winds, I swear I thought I was going to get picked up and thrown off the side of the road. The thing probably weighed half of what the bronco weighs.

PA270029.JPG

Hobbes

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is designed so you just pick the GOAT mode and it will automatically put in in 4A/ 4H / 4L for that mode. Along with also adjusting the throttle control, brake control, etc for that mode. Alternatively, you can just pick 4A / 4 H setting without using GOAT and then it change the 2WD / 4WD setting but not the other stuff.
Sponsored