First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That really is pretty decent. I have a Can AM X3 so I'm used to and appreciate the "exotic" sound. That clip is nice and deep instead of the shit that a gen 2 Raptor is. Real curious what the setup is.

I've always wanted to on my truck, and soon bronco to make a true dual exhaust with no crossover. See if 2X 3 cylinders sound good without muddying up each bank.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the raptor bronco is completely disconnected from what the people who want to spend a premium on an off road vehicle want (and we are already spending a premium on the normal one)

a 3.0 liter hybrid engine for a truck that people want to do hardcore offroading in is stupid and insulting. If ford cant do it because of the EPA that isnt our problem as customers , its their problem for not lobbying the government for a carveout. They are ford.
The Powerboost and 4xe have been wildly popular so its difficult to say that a Bronco adaptation of that idea is "stupid and insulting." I know it may seem weird to some, but the market data suggests there is a lot of demand.

I think there is a lot of price lift to have a Bronco slot above a Bronco Raptor. GM, Land Rover, and Jeep have proven a lot of demand for off-road vehicles in that $80k-$110K range. A 5.2 Bronco wouldn't surprise me, but they won't be selling that for $69K.

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Powerboost and 4xe have been wildly popular so its difficult to say that a Bronco adaptation of that idea is "stupid and insulting." I know it may seem weird to some, but the market data suggests there is a lot of demand.

I think there is a lot of price lift to have a Bronco slot above a Bronco Raptor. GM, Land Rover, and Jeep have proven a lot of demand for off-road vehicles in that $80k-$110K range. A 5.2 Bronco wouldn't surprise me, but they won't be selling that for $69K.
its not a powerboost and the 4xe sucks

the powerboost is only made possible by tons of batteries which the bronco has no room for. If it did have room for that it would be great. But its just a 3.0 hybrid. Which is a joke for an offroad premium vehicle no matter WHAT number they post about performance.

And putting the coyote in the bronco would not be hard for ford. It fits , and for the f150 its like a 2000 dollar option.

its really just an EPA/ford being stupid and lazy thing.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was never going to have a V8 and the only reason Ford is adding a V8 to the Raptor is cause of the TRX. And the only reason the TRX has a V8 is because Stellantis doesn’t do high performance V6 turbo motors like Ford does.

It doesn’t sound great but the whole “hurr durr V8 goes burble and all cars should be that” is such an old trope which is unfortunately rampant in this community. Plenty of 6 cylinders sound great. The Busso V6 for one. Plenty of I6s sound great, like the BMW B58. Plenty of 4 cylinders have sound characters, like a Honda coming on cam hitting V-Tec. Appreciate more in the car community aside from your first gen Broncos. 4 Doors and less cylinders are the way of the future and you either grow to appreciate them or just b*tch & moan till the grave.

Sponsored

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It would be a strange route, but I think Ford needs to raid the Navigator parts bin for exhaust on these things. It admittedly won't be good enough to satisfy the Coyote-or-bust crowd, but I think they made the 3.5 EB sound very good for a V6 when you dip into it, and still blend into the background on the highway.

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would be a strange route, but I think Ford needs to raid the Navigator parts bin for exhaust on these things. It admittedly won't be good enough to satisfy the Coyote-or-bust crowd, but I think they made the 3.5 EB sound very good for a V6 when you dip into it, and still blend into the background on the highway.
is there any evidence its a 3.5?

pretty sure its been confirmed its the 3.0

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
don’t buy it … it is really that simple
this is a poor argument. One sale doesnt offset the name brand power of something. Which is why its important for people to attack companies when they make poor decisions

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
were you not the same guy that had a melt down 2 months ago because someone had started a rumor that Velocity Blue was going away in 2022?

Your argument was that Ford did not deny the rumor so it must be true.

Anyway ... Ford is building the ultimate off-roader and it is called the Bronco DR ... BUT it will cost you 250K. Can you afford one? If not, do you want to attack Ford and tell them it cost too much?

this is a poor argument. One sale doesnt offset the name brand power of something. Which is why its important for people to attack companies when they make poor decisions

Sponsored

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
were you not the same guy that had a melt down 2 months ago because someone had started a rumor that Velocity Blue was going away in 2022?

Your argument was that Ford did not deny the rumor so it must be true.

Anyway ... Ford is building the ultimate off-roader and it is called the Bronco DR ... BUT it will cost you 250K. Can you afford one? If not, do you want to attack Ford and tell them it cost too much?
it was the "rumor" that ford was getting rid of Antimatter

i was right , and i had a right to have a meltdown because it was the color i ordered

"the ultimate off roader , the ford DR"

or they can just put a godzilla with a new transmission into the raptor and instead of asking 200k for something that is only getting 50 production units. Allow customers to make a decision if they want to pay 70-80k for a real serious production off road vehicle.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
is there any evidence its a 3.5?

pretty sure its been confirmed its the 3.0
It has not, but my point is that Ford is perfectly capable of making a V6 that sounds halfway decent

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
goodluck to you. I hope you find the find the ultimate off-roader

it was the "rumor" that ford was getting rid of Antimatter

i was right , and i had a right to have a meltdown because it was the color i ordered

"the ultimate off roader , the ford DR"

or they can just put a godzilla with a new transmission into the raptor and instead of asking 200k for something that is only getting 50 production units. Allow customers to make a decision if they want to pay 70-80k for a real serious production off road vehicle.

RACERED-WT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was never going to have a V8 and the only reason Ford is adding a V8 to the Raptor is cause of the TRX. And the only reason the TRX has a V8 is because Stellantis doesn’t do high performance V6 turbo motors like Ford does.

It doesn’t sound great but the whole “hurr durr V8 goes burble and all cars should be that” is such an old trope which is unfortunately rampant in this community. Plenty of 6 cylinders sound great. The Busso V6 for one. Plenty of I6s sound great, like the BMW B58. Plenty of 4 cylinders have sound characters, like a Honda coming on cam hitting V-Tec. Appreciate more in the car community aside from your first gen Broncos. 4 Doors and less cylinders are the way of the future and you either grow to appreciate them or just b*tch & moan till the grave.
Appreciate that someone finally said this. Hit the nail on the head!
Sponsored