Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, Subaru Forrester, Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Edit: Found it Here on page 255. “Off-Road” is now essentially Mud and Ruts + Sand. It’s the “Off-Road, but not on hard packed snow and not feeling fast on Sand” GOAT mode.

So in the raptor we gain the towing goat mode, but lose the Eco (scoff), sand (scoff) and Mud and Ruts GOAT mode. I’m curious as to why no Mud and Ruts? What has everyone been using/plan to use when driving through mud? Just normal, 4H, lock diffs as required? But then you don’t get the front camera on and it seems like it did some sort of tuning to help specifically in mud.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Baja mode for everything! :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Kidding, I dont even have mine yet.
But yeah, Baja for everything.
;)

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I absolutely HATE goat modes.......after 3500 miles I can say ford can stick them where the sun doesn't shine. Every mode has its issues...

Normal-detuned engine, throttle lag...soccer mom mode

Sport-better tuning but way too aggressive downshifting....seriously, why give me paddle shifters then??

Baja, most aggressive tune, great power BUT ridiculous downshifting, even in manual shift mode you don't have full control of gear shifting. AND you can't turn the front camera off..... seriously even if I lived in the desert and ran baja.... why would I be staring at a front camera??? now for rock crawling sure... totally useless mode unless you really do live in a desert.

overall, I wish ford would of trusted me with the full tune and to make my own choices as to weather to put it in 4x4 etc... they tried to make something too simple and put all the functionality in discrete boxes and by doing so made a lesser vehicle.

Roostracing

Raptor
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco, 1964 F100, 1997 F250 powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So in the raptor we gain the towing goat mode, but lose the Eco (scoff), sand (scoff) and Mud and Ruts GOAT mode. I’m curious as to why no Mud and Ruts? What has everyone been using/plan to use when driving through mud? Just normal, 4H, lock diffs as required? But then you don’t get the front camera on and it seems like it did some sort of tuning to help specifically in mud.
instead of mud/rut you have "off-road mode...thats the mud mode

Roostracing

Raptor
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco, 1964 F100, 1997 F250 powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I absolutely HATE goat modes.......after 3500 miles I can say ford can stick them where the sun doesn't shine. Every mode has its issues...

Sport-better tuning but way too aggressive downshifting....seriously, why give me paddle shifters then??

Baja, most aggressive tune, great power BUT ridiculous downshifting, even in manual shift mode you don't have full control of gear shifting. AND you can't turn the front camera off..... seriously even if I lived in the desert and ran baja.... why would I be staring at a front camera??? now for rock crawling sure... totally useless mode unless you really do live in a desert.

overall, I wish ford would of trusted me with the full tune and to make my own choices as to weather to put it in 4x4 etc... they tried to make something too simple and put all the functionality in discrete boxes and by doing so made a lesser vehicle.
you can always lock your diffs and engage 4x4 in hi or low on your own without using the goat modes

Sponsored

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Y’all steady bitchin’ about the Raptor, I just want one.
Gotta stick to the Wildtrak, and it’s hers.

OP
OP
TheLawnDart

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think the GOAT modes are a great starting point, but maybe just need to be a little more customizable

OP
OP
TheLawnDart

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

instead of mud/rut you have "off-road mode...thats the mud mode
That’s an good point and something I didn’t really catch. But at the same time if I remember correctly the “off-road” defaults to more of a rock crawl in 4L. So I wonder if I change it to 4H if the throttle response changes from soft to high like the other trims do when shifting from Rock Crawl to Mud and Rutts

OP
OP
TheLawnDart

TheLawnDart

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Y’all steady bitchin’ about the Raptor, I just want one.
Gotta stick to the Wildtrak, and it’s hers.
To clarify the question posted is neither a bitch, gripe, not complaint. Just trying to get more familiar with the car!

Crazycactus

Raptor
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F250, 1993 Bronco XLT, 2013 F-150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

On my Raptor, in Baja mode, I can hit the camera button on the dash and it shuts it off.

Sponsored

Print744

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don't know why they didn't include Eco mode and, correct me if I'm wrong, but Off-Road mode is NOT appropriate for snow, ice, mud, or any other slippery condition. It locks the rear diff automatically (you can manually disengage it, though). In slippery conditions, particularly ice, a locked differential is more likely to turn into a skid than not. Great for drifting, not as great when you're trying to stay on the road. You're much better off just leaving traction control on in normal mode.

RAR13

Raptor
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco/Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You have a live dampening system. Watch a few Braptor off road videos, or go to the off-rodeo. You can customize a "mud/rut" mode through a few toggles. Set your "R" to it if you want.

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Kind wish I had a couple of "R" buttons..... or the ability to customize modes, better yet can I just have the analog version lol...

Bronco 09

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f350 KR dully
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone try to add more Goat Modes to the Braptor?
Sponsored