Sponsored

Bronco Raptor has arrived, FINALLY - Flip it or keep it?

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
After 2.5 years of waiting and my dealer F'ing up my First Edition order, causing me to lose it... I finally received my Raptor. It's a beast and I love it!!! BUT...I'm being offered 25k over what I paid, including tax. Can't believe I'm actually entertaining the money because it's a really badass SUV.

What do you guys think?
IMG_0218.jpeg
I get it, you love it - but when is the next time you'll make $25k on a vehicle like this? If you're making $25k after taxes, do it. What would you replace it with?

Just make sure you didn't sign a no sale agreement with the dealership, I know some dealers have been doing it.
Sponsored

Reactions: TP1

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sold my first Braptor at almost $45k over MSRP months ago. Keeping the second Braptor that I currently have scheduled as I regretted selling the first. It's an awesome vehicle. Only you can truly answer the question. Does your family need $25k or a Braptor more right now?

Scopebit

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

tough call. I would sell my incoming Warthog if I was offered 25K over what I paid. I actually have 3 on order so would use the extra funds towards the next one.

:)
I love that you still call it a warthog...you've stayed true to your promise from a year + ago. well done. Warthog is a superior name for sure and i wish they would have used that instead.

OP - do whatever you want. if you don't mind waiting, sell it and use the $$ on your next order if you choose to do so. I've been waiting 20 months and am quite ready to receive mine at the end of the month. Merica!

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Way times are now and where we’re headed I’d dump it and pocket the cash.

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hmm damn tempting......but and a huge BUTT do you actually net 25K???? meaning are they paying you 25K over what you paid after Taxes and all the Dealer Administration fees and tags...etc. If not then your probably going to net roughly 20K-22K depending on taxes. And then factor the 2023 Raptor is 5K more so if you want one again you actually didn't net much being your now down to possibly 15K but you have to buy her all over again and taxes and yeh now your down to maybe 12k. I would drive her for a year and you can sell her a year later and probably still put 10k plus in your pocket. Thats my approach and one reason I purchased mine is know doubt I can sell her and either get what I paid for her or make a little money. I think as I own her nah I am keeping her but you never know with me. You wont lose either way being money in your pocket or fun in your seat.

Sponsored

coachoates

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Keep it! I agree with a previous post, if you are doing the financially smart thing...you are already making bad decisions by buying a Bronco Raptor in the first place.

Is $25K over MSRP going to be around much longer, nope. And getting $25,000 NET money is good, yes.

But pay 30% on capital gains/income taxes....because when you sell a car for more than you paid (even after taxes, tag, etc) you have to claim that money as income.

2023 Raptors increased $5,000+. How much more is a 2024 going to cost than a 2023 or 2022? What if you wait another 2-3 years and it is a 2025-2026 before you get another one. You can't even order a 2023!

So are you really getting ahead?

I had sold mine before it arrived on eBay in June. After taxes, I would have cleared $22,500. After doing the math between income/capital gains taxes & paying increased costs by Ford...it boiled down to less than $10,000 NET money. Not worth waiting another 2+ years. Thank God the buyer decided to walk away from the deal because this car is my favorite!!

Plus, my 2022 will be a rare and special one. Not keeping it as a collector but I sure do enjoy driving a unique car (and one that has special features only to 2022) and that is worth the price difference...for me.

Keep it! You will regret waiting on the next one. Plus, if you need to sell it in the future because you need the money...keep in mind your Bronco Raptor will hold its value better than most. You can always trade it/sell it later if you truly need the money.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hmm damn tempting......but and a huge BUTT do you actually net 25K???? meaning are they paying you 25K over what you paid after Taxes and all the Dealer Administration fees and tags...etc. If not then your probably going to net roughly 20K-22K depending on taxes. And then factor the 2023 Raptor is 5K more so if you want one again you actually didn't net much being your now down to possibly 15K but you have to buy her all over again and taxes and yeh now your down to maybe 12k. I would drive her for a year and you can sell her a year later and probably still put 10k plus in your pocket. Thats my approach and one reason I purchased mine is know doubt I can sell her and either get what I paid for her or make a little money. I think as I own her nah I am keeping her but you never know with me. You wont lose either way being money in your pocket or fun in your seat.
I'll give $.25 if you never bold a post again.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’d sell. That’s coming from a guy that would not sell my loaded Sasquatch 14 months ago for 30k over. But that’s only because the truck was so unique back then when I was one of the first. Now with broncos becoming more popular, the cache of a Braptor now is no where near what a loaded Sasquatch was in the summer/fall of 2021. Also not a lot of vehicles at 90k interested me more than my bronco at the time

Besides you could get a Wildtrak replacement now without waiting 18 months like you used to. So for that I’d sell the braptor. If anything think about what that free money reinvestment would do to the stable. Like if you put the 40k towards upgrading your second vehicle and exchanged the braptor for a Wildtrak. Personally, with the new range rovers out now I would happily upgrade our family suv to one and settle on downgrading the braptor to the Wildtrak. Otherwise I would never spend that amount of hard earned money on an RR

None

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Do what is best for your situation not someone else's.

Sponsored

351W-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1969 Bronco, 2001 Excursion (7.3L)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the offer from a private party or a dealer?

If a dealer, I would sell it to them at $25K AOM (Added Owner Markup) with the provision that they sell you another Bronco you would settle for, at MSRP.

Herb

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't care to share personal info
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Money can't buy time.

Simple as that.

Life is fleeting, enjoy things now that are at your finger tips.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sell it and go buy this one lol if you can net some cash! No waiting
Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor has arrived, FINALLY - Flip it or keep it? EE8BAFCF-ED5B-47C0-A269-3EFA81D58728

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Regular Bronco forum: I FINALLY GOT MY BRONCOOOOOO!!!!

Bronco Raptor forum: How much can I get for my Raptor???

Edited: I'd take the 25k and buy a Sasquatch in any trim level for 3k ADM.

Last edited:

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If you like it keep it. Don't buy into people who have not owned one telling you to replace it with a BL or WT. I owned a 2022 loaded SAS BL with King 2.5 shocks. Loved it, but my Braptor is in a totally different league. This is truly a special vehicle.
Sponsored