Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a Curt 45230 with 4" drop and the only one that would work on my non-SAS '21 BL. I've not tried to hook up on this '22 yet but it has the SAS wheels and might give me problems. Issue was getting the tongue over the ball without the ball lock hitting the tire.

Raptor has an additional OTA trans cooler which is probably a factor in the additional towing capacity. Transmission is the same 10 speed but I haven't compared disk brake/caliper sizes to see if that might also be a part of the calculation. Rear springs with tow package vs. without do seem to be different on some models.
Sponsored

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you have to move the muffler with this hitch or can it still be installed with the factory muffler/tailpipe location?
Not sure if you're doing something else that would necessitate that move.
I ordered my Bronco sans factory hitch, but will be adding one when I get it.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
this kit has 2 extra pieces to help you brace the hitch. This extra bracing can't be installed if you have the factory muffler .. see pic below at 2 different angles

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor hitch DIY install with pictures 1664580524688

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor hitch DIY install with pictures 1664580559641

Do you have to move the muffler with this hitch or can it still be installed with the factory muffler/tailpipe location?
Not sure if you're doing something else that would necessitate that move.
I ordered my Bronco sans factory hitch, but will be adding one when I get it.

J Jernigan

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Platinum, 2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a Curt 45230 with 4" drop and the only one that would work on my non-SAS '21 BL. I've not tried to hook up on this '22 yet but it has the SAS wheels and might give me problems. Issue was getting the tongue over the ball without the ball lock hitting the tire.

Raptor has an additional OTA trans cooler which is probably a factor in the additional towing capacity. Transmission is the same 10 speed but I haven't compared disk brake/caliper sizes to see if that might also be a part of the calculation. Rear springs with tow package vs. without do seem to be different on some models.
I actually think it’s really all about the muffler being moved so they have the receiver better braced And the hitch receiver it self is a bit beefier. I doubt that it has to do with the trans cooler or brake size.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually think it’s really all about the muffler being moved so they have the receiver better braced And the hitch receiver it self is a bit beefier. I doubt that it has to do with the trans cooler or brake size.
I don't think anyone has seen the full explanation yet (hopefully we will at some point) but I'm making my assumptions based on several years of doing transmission repairs and seeing how much the cooler system directly impacted towing hauling. Only explanation I can come up with for an additional cooler on the raptor is the additional towing capacity.

Sponsored

Sixtysixpride

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Front rotors and calipers are right off an F-150, maybe Raptor specific but I don’t remember if the DR1 actually has different rotors. Might have Bronco DR1 specific part numbers but I assure you they’re one to one. The rear rotors and calipers are standard Bronco minus a change to the hole pattern.

Mr.Black

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks good. So what the part number for the Bronco Raptor hitch?

MastroBronco

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First off I want to thank @flip for the hitch and trailer brake controller.

Parts I purchased for this install.
1- Bronco Raptor hitch
2- captured 3/8 nuts
1- Borla muffler 2.5 offset/center
1- 3” stainless j bend pipe

I haven’t seen any info on this yet, and I thought I would share. Short story is I removed factory hitch, removed rear muffler. Then I installed Borla muffler midship and built new tailpipe. Also built temporary kicker bars until oem braces become available. The factory crossmember has spots for captured nutrecommend m10’s but I only had one in the tool box so I used 3/8 nuts until I change the braces out. Sorry in advance for terrible pics. Lol

I hope this helps anyone that is thinking about doing this.

What is the part number for the Braptor hitch?

jbacon47

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BadLands manual 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Too bad about muffler placement. I’d love to install this someday. The extra tongue weight would be perfect for a basket/dirt-bike/jetski hitch hauler. The spare tire placement isn’t ideal and it needs a long tongue, so the lever effect is bad. Was thinking about doing a spare tire delete so I can haul my stuff. Not needing a trailer would be really nice..

Sponsored

ScottMc

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First off I want to thank @flip for the hitch and trailer brake controller.

Parts I purchased for this install.
1- Bronco Raptor hitch
2- captured 3/8 nuts
1- Borla muffler 2.5 offset/center
1- 3” stainless j bend pipe

I haven’t seen any info on this yet, and I thought I would share. Short story is I removed factory hitch, removed rear muffler. Then I installed Borla muffler midship and built new tailpipe. Also built temporary kicker bars until oem braces become available. The factory crossmember has spots for captured nutrecommend m10’s but I only had one in the tool box so I used 3/8 nuts until I change the braces out. Sorry in advance for terrible pics. Lol

I hope this helps anyone that is thinking about doing this.

Which Borla muffler is that? The ones I am finding have similar placement to the stock one.

Fordtorino93

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

I would be curious on the brakes I watched a video from ford engineers when they released the bronco raptor that the only reason it was able to tow more was with the exhaust moved they could reinforce the hitch. That would be also why the added a cooler as well. I know my state I can go in and say hey I upgraded my vehicle to tow more and they will just re-register them we had a 2003 f250 6.0l powerstroke registered for 26000 lbs right at the cut off for a CDL. Some times they would ask for receipts of the upgrades sometime they just ok here you go.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would be curious on the brakes I watched a video from ford engineers when they released the bronco raptor that the only reason it was able to tow more was with the exhaust moved they could reinforce the hitch. That would be also why the added a cooler as well. I know my state I can go in and say hey I upgraded my vehicle to tow more and they will just re-register them we had a 2003 f250 6.0l powerstroke registered for 26000 lbs right at the cut off for a CDL. Some times they would ask for receipts of the upgrades sometime they just ok here you go.
I don't know how one would easily come up with increased towing capacity just using the two bars. IMO, the trans cooler is the biggest factor considering the raptor hitch is a heavier gauge steel than the standard one and should be prone to less twist. From what I've seen, the rear crossmember the hitch bolts to is the same as other broncos so all those two small bars could possibly help is with twist when taking off. Since they're rather light duty and have several angles it would be hard to imagine much if any torque is actually being transferred through them. If they weren't on there, would the hitch and crossmember completely twist off? If that was the case, why not just add heavy diagonal bracing from the frame to the tube? Only other possibility is if this was calculated with a low drawbar instead of load being linear through the receiver.

Fordtorino93

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don't know how one would easily come up with increased towing capacity just using the two bars. IMO, the trans cooler is the biggest factor considering the raptor hitch is a heavier gauge steel than the standard one and should be prone to less twist. From what I've seen, the rear crossmember the hitch bolts to is the same as other broncos so all those two small bars could possibly help is with twist when taking off. Since they're rather light duty and have several angles it would be hard to imagine much if any torque is actually being transferred through them. If they weren't on there, would the hitch and crossmember completely twist off? If that was the case, why not just add heavy diagonal bracing from the frame to the tube? Only other possibility is if this was calculated with a low drawbar instead of load being linear through the receiver.
Yeah I'm not sure either I think there biggest concern was twist from stop and go I have seen that middle cross member twist already cool definitely will make transmission last longer.
Sponsored