swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This occurrence seems very unfortunate, unexpected and seems like a bug/defect. You can cut to 4:03 to see the limp mode.

I think I read something about Sand mode preventing this. That's not the exact mode name in the Raptor.

I'm planning to spend some significant time in the sand if/when I get mine so I'm keen to hear if this is a real issue or can be worked around.

Sponsored

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My friend took me out to glamus for a few days, and we did oldsmobile hill. For an east coast kid like myself, it was an experience I will never forget. That place is a natural wonder. Sand dunes as far as the eye can see. INSANE!!!

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This occurrence seems very unfortunate, unexpected and seems like a bug/defect. You can cut to 4:03 to see the limp mode.
It's a Bronco on steroids. Makes sense.

Sponsored

Crzr45

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj60,BJ73 Landcruiser’s
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Common on f250’s . Turn off traction control( hold button for a few seconds) it de powers sensing wheel slip if it’s the same problem.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Common on f250’s . Turn off traction control( hold button for a few seconds) it de powers sensing wheel slip if it’s the same problem.
I had mine do it on the street, broke the rear tires loose on a hill turn and it went into limp mode so yes turn of TC while in those types of environments. Its the same on other Fords that have TC.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am not sure why the owner even had TC on at the dunes.
He did? I thought he said he got the same result in Baja Mode. I assume Baja mode does not turn TC off. He also seemed to conclude the cause was the jumping, not excessive wheel spin as he had climbed successfully without jumping.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am pretty sure that even in baja mode ... TC is still on. You have to hold down the TC button for 5 seconds to completely turn it off.

He did? I thought he said he got the same result in Baja Mode. I assume Baja mode does not turn TC off. He also seemed to conclude the cause was the jumping, not excessive wheel spin as he had climbed successfully without jumping.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am pretty sure that even in baja mode ... TC is still on. You have to hold down the TC button for 5 seconds to completely turn it off.
Hopefully Baja Mode adjusts TC/stability control. Hopefully as well TC off is the simple fix for the occurrence in the video.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hopefully Baja Mode adjusts TC/stability control. Hopefully as well TC off is the simple fix for the occurrence in the video.
I would expect Baja mode to be in "off road use only" which should turn off TC entirely but apparently its an oversight.

RoBear

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I had the exact same issues in Glamis with my Braptor, it happened a few times in low speed situations in different modes but only when the sand was wet. like in the under 10 mph speed range. it sounds crazy but I put the vehicle in mud mode and it went away. after the rain passed and the sand completely dried I had no issues in Baja or any other modes at any speed. I don't think the ECM likes the heavy load of the wet sand at slow speeds and de rates the engine.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I had the exact same issues in Glamis with my Braptor, it happened a few times in low speed situations in different modes but only when the sand was wet. like in the under 10 mph speed range. it sounds crazy but I put the vehicle in mud mode and it went away. after the rain passed and the sand completely dried I had no issues in Baja or any other modes at any speed. I don't think the ECM likes the heavy load of the wet sand at slow speeds and de rates the engine.
Thanks for sharing and adding to the knowledge base here. Did you try TC or stability control off in any modes?

Regardless seems like a bug to me. Would love to know if this is by design.

OT but pics? 😉
Sponsored