George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks for sharing and adding to the knowledge base here. Did you try TC or stability control off in any modes?

Regardless seems like a bug to me. Would love to know if this is by design.

OT but pics? 😉
Yes I kept turning TC off at Start up and its preset in my R button. it was weird but i really think the WET heavy sand had something to do with it.
Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Quote from the driver, "Hey nimrod if you want to jump go buy a side by side, not a Bronco Raptor this is not what those are meant for". Could've sworn that was the entire purpose of the suspension upgrades on a Raptor. Just thought that was ironic.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Quote from the driver, "Hey nimrod if you want to jump go buy a side by side, not a Bronco Raptor this is not what those are meant for". Could've sworn that was the entire purpose of the suspension upgrades on a Raptor. Just thought that was ironic.
Noted and felt the same irony when I first watched...

Sure the vehicle is not for continual large sends, but it can absolutely handle regular smaller ones, per Ford launch event in Johnson Valley.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Noted and felt the same irony when I first watched...

Sure the vehicle is not for continual large sends, but it can absolutely handle regular smaller ones, per Ford launch event in Johnson Valley.
The bonus irony here is that a SXS is kind of a poor choice to jump due to the short coupling and CG. They endo about as much as they stick a landing, and taking whoops fast enough to get air often leads to the same bucking issues that plague rear engine buggies.

HaugenRacing

Raptor
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Uh ya I had no issues in Glamis. Baja mode, rwd, advanced trac off, manual shift, and rear locked diff. I jumped multiple times, cimbed the hill, hit 76 mph through whoops, and even did some legit duning. All on paddle tires. Never had an issue. Just more info for you all.
Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Limp Mode in Sand Dunes IMG_20230225_212050_088

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Uh ya I had no issues in Glamis. Baja mode, rwd, advanced trac off, manual shift, and rear locked diff. I jumped multiple times, cimbed the hill, hit 76 mph through whoops, and even did some legit duning. All on paddle tires. Never had an issue. Just more info for you all.
Ah man no pizza cutters on the front? You're killing me smalls

How'd it hook up with the paddles and locker?

HaugenRacing

Raptor
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ah man no pizza cutters on the front? You're killing me smalls

How'd it hook up with the paddles and locker?
Oh trust me that was a conscious decision. Sacrifice float for 4wd for emergencies.

It spun these paddles if you got i
on it hard enough lol. These raptors are brutal. Starting airing down more and more. Also these are really old tires. So need more testing. By the end of the weekend it would accelerate up Oldsmobile.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh trust me that was a conscious decision. Sacrifice float for 4wd for emergencies.

It spun these paddles if you got i
on it hard enough lol. These raptors are brutal. Starting airing down more and more. Also these are really old tires. So need more testing. By the end of the weekend it would accelerate up Oldsmobile.
I take it the steering was adequate with the BFG's? I had terrible luck getting them to dig in on the front with a Jeep and locked up rear with paddles, they just kind of plowed straight ahead oblivious to what I wanted them to do until I kicked it into 4WD or unlocked the rear.

What kind of speed were getting up Olds before you had to shut down? Only time I've ever been up that hill was with a LT250R pegged in 4th, which is probably something like 60mph. I wasn't expecting there to be whoops at the base either LOL

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I know you said manual shift, but did you do any gear lockouts? I hear that is ideal.

HaugenRacing

Raptor
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I take it the steering was adequate with the BFG's? I had terrible luck getting them to dig in on the front with a Jeep and locked up rear with paddles, they just kind of plowed straight ahead oblivious to what I wanted them to do until I kicked it into 4WD or unlocked the rear.

What kind of speed were getting up Olds before you had to shut down? Only time I've ever been up that hill was with a LT250R pegged in 4th, which is probably something like 60mph. I wasn't expecting there to be whoops at the base either LOL
Ya steering was ok. I aired down to 20. May try a little lower next time and see if I can get more float. Smoothies would be nice. But the 4wd is a good insurance when needed. Had to go slow through the whoops. Then my last run almost hit 4th accelerating up the hill. So not sure what speed that was. Maybe 50?

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ya steering was ok. I aired down to 20. May try a little lower next time and see if I can get more float. Smoothies would be nice. But the 4wd is a good insurance when needed. Had to go slow through the whoops. Then my last run almost hit 4th accelerating up the hill. So not sure what speed that was. Maybe 50?
Could also try airing up to normal pressure, that would make the front tires sink and catch a little more sand for better steering. It'll reduce performance somewhat, but there might be a sweet spot between good steering and good flotation somewhere above 20psi? That never really worked well for me on a Jeep because I had pretty good flotation with street pressure, they never really dug in. You can always air back down if it sucks LOL

Yeah that sounds about right, pretty damn good coming from a production vehicle.

HaugenRacing

Raptor
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
G
Could also try airing up to normal pressure, that would make the front tires sink and catch a little more sand for better steering. It'll reduce performance somewhat, but there might be a sweet spot between good steering and good flotation somewhere above 20psi? That never really worked well for me on a Jeep because I had pretty good flotation with street pressure, they never really dug in. You can always air back down if it sucks LOL

Yeah that sounds about right, pretty damn good coming from a production vehicle.
Ya i come from the drifting world so I'm still learning tire pressures for offroad. Getting a feel for it for sure. I'll definitely try like 35 and see what happens.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm not sure what you mean?
If you leave the shifter in D, but hit the downshift paddle it will take away gears. So, you can have it where it won't shift past 5th, 6th, or whatever you want. This is how it works in F-150's at least. Should be the same in the Braptor, but I haven't tried it.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ya i come from the drifting world so I'm still learning tire pressures for offroad. Getting a feel for it for sure. I'll definitely try like 35 and see what happens.
You'll get a feel for it no problem, it helps if you've got an ARB or similar onboard to test out different psi. Find one that feels right and send it! If it wants to pull to one side or the other at full throttle with a locked rear, add or reduce psi to get it tracking straight again, i.e. if it pulls to the left, air up the left or drop air in the right. Probably real similar in the drifting world, but that's out of my wheelhouse.
Sponsored