First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like Bronco MOAB it’s a direct spin on Jeep using Rubicon.

It also works as an acronym.
“Mother Of All Broncos”
Only problem is Moab has been a special edition Jeep trim as recently as a year or two ago. I’d prefer something unique.

mpmcgaughey

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a feeling even though it doesn’t sound unique they’ll probably tag the Raptor at the end of the name like they’ve done with the “F-150 Raptor” and “Ranger Raptor” and just call it “Bronco Raptor”. Ford kinda now uses it as a trim name...like what they’re doing with the new Lightning...it’s no longer a specific model but a variation.

Sponsored

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have a feeling even though it doesn’t sound unique they’ll probably tag the Raptor at the end of the name like they’ve done with the “F-150 Raptor” and “Ranger Raptor” and just call it “Bronco Raptor”. Ford kinda now uses it as a trim name...like what they’re doing with the new Lightning...it’s no longer a specific model but a variation.
Calling it the Bronco Raptor just makes the most sense because Ranger and F-150 have Raptor versions and this is just going to be the Raptor version of the Bronco. I already know people that refer to it as the Bronco Raptor.

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well... in the 70's they had the Stroppe Baja Edition... now, there's an idea-

'Modifying the first-generation Bronco into an extreme off-roader, Bill Stroppe racing managed to score a win in both the Baja 500 and 1000 rallies with their custom Bronco. Paying tribute to the victory in 1971, less than 650 Stroppe Baja Broncos were made, each fitted with a full suite of off-road rally upgrades by Bill Stroppe racing, as well as some awesome custom paint and bodywork.'

Ford Bronco "Bronco Raptor" may be production name for "Warthog" model 1621893989128

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Warthog name was stupid to begin with and was kinda obvious it'd be a codename moreso than actual model name.
Broncosaurus, Bronco Behemoth, Baja Bronco, names of this vein should be considered.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if ford just named it Bronco Tremor and called it a day. Maximum effort
Bronczilla?

Sponsored

Carmaker1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE 4dr (His), '22 Bronco 7MT (Mine)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have never liked that name for this vehicle and went out of my way to refer to it differently at times, partly for that reason. While it has never rested on my very own desk, to name any of these vehicles, I understand such sentiments in given discussions I've had.

Very, very polarizing nameplate which only appeals to some (hardcore loyalists) and easily turns off many in a marketing sense, that don't think of the military plane immediately when the word WaRtHoG is mentioned. Anything pig-related is often an instant turnoff for me. Partly my personal opinion, from my professional perspective. Can't say more than that for now.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One of my fav bikes was the honda xr650r king of baja ,refered to as " the big red pig" i miss you piggy❤

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

per article in today’s Ford Authority:

https://fordauthority.com/2021/05/ford-bronco-warthog-might-launch-under-different-name-exclusive/

Sources familiar with the matter have told us that Ford’s current leadership favors powerful, well-recognized names over new names that would need to establish recognition in the marketplace. It is precisely for that reason that two of the newest Ford products rely on existing names with plenty of history, cachet, recognition.

We’re of course referring to FoMoCo’s decision to name its first dedicated EV as the Mustang Mach-E (rather than just “Mach-E”) and its first electric pickup the F-150 Lightning (rather than F-150 EV or F-150 Electric). In that light, the Warthog name has no recognition beyond those closely following the latest Bronco-related news and developments. In fact, it’s not even clear which of the four warthogs inspired the Warthog name to begin with.
the Raptor had zero name recognition until they made one

and ..wildtrak, Badlands..outerbanks....no name recognition there.

it will be a Bronco Warthog ..not a Warthog

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs