Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We can still call it the Warthog. This A-10 Warthog that everyone loves is actually the A-10 Thunderbolt. Just call it the Warthog.

Side bar. As a former owner of a REAL F150 Lightning I'm kind of pissed that they named the electric hippy pleaser after it. Lightning is supposed to make big scary noises.
Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have never liked that name for this vehicle and went out of my way to refer to it differently at times, partly for that reason. While it has never rested on my very own desk, to name any of these vehicles, I understand such sentiments in given discussions I've had.

Very, very polarizing nameplate which only appeals to some (hardcore loyalists) and easily turns off many in a marketing sense, that don't think of the military plane immediately when the word WaRtHoG is mentioned. Anything pig-related is often an instant turnoff for me. Partly my personal opinion, from my professional perspective. Can't say more than that for now.
MY22 or MY23 Sir? 😅😅😅😁

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So because Ford wants the first part of name known means the Bronco Warthog isn't the correct name? Based on what?

F-150 lightning - both used
Mustang Mach-e - one new one used
Explorer Timberline - one new one used
Ranger tremor - both used
Bronco Warthog - one new one used

I agree with statement earlier for the project name (code name) is not the same as actual name. I never believed the actual name would be warthog.

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We can still call it the Warthog. This A-10 Warthog that everyone loves is actually the A-10 Thunderbolt. Just call it the Warthog.

Side bar. As a former owner of a REAL F150 Lightning I'm kind of pissed that they named the electric hippy pleaser after it. Lightning is supposed to make big scary noises.
At least F-150 Lightning has justification. The old Lightning was still an F-150. Lightning=Electricity, Lightning=Fast as hell (which this new one is).

Mustang Mach-E....

Sponsored

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To go with the general naming confusion they have gone with for the Bronco brand so far my money is on the Bronco Goat...

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I like it being called the Bronco Raptor. Otherwise, you have to explain that it is the Bronco version of the F-150 Raptor.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bronco is a horse.
Mustang is a horse.
Pinto is a horse.

You know what else is a horse?

PAINT.

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
https://www.motor1.com/news/509598/ford-bronco-raptor-spy-photos/

A source close to Ford allegedly confirms Raptor moniker for the beefy Bronco.

May 25, 2021

After months of referring to these camouflaged Bronco test vehicles as Warthog, there's mounting evidence that the amped-up off-roader will wear Raptor badges after all. We have a set of brand new spy photos showing a camouflaged Bronco in crystal clear detail, but more importantly, we have word from our spy sources that Ford will indeed call this the Bronco Raptor.

Of course, Ford isn't ready to confirm anything just yet so this is still very much a rumor. It's a rumor that's also complicated with evidence that supports the Warthog name as well. In late 2020 an email surfaced from a Ford supplier that specifically mentioned Bronco Warthog. Now, our spy photo sources have a source close to Ford that confirms the Raptor name for Bronco. Yes, it's a source-of-a-source but it's been a reliable source in the past, and it is the second such report we've had in the past 24 hours. Still, in the spirit of full disclosure, take it all with a grain of salt.

A source close to Ford allegedly confirms Raptor moniker for the beefy Bronco.

After months of referring to these camouflaged Bronco test vehicles as Warthog, there's mounting evidence that the amped-up off-roader will wear Raptor badges after all. We have a set of brand new spy photos showing a camouflaged Bronco in crystal clear detail, but more importantly, we have word from our spy sources that Ford will indeed call this the Bronco Raptor.

Of course, Ford isn't ready to confirm anything just yet so this is still very much a rumor. It's a rumor that's also complicated with evidence that supports the Warthog name as well. In late 2020 an email surfaced from a Ford supplier that specifically mentioned Bronco Warthog. Now, our spy photo sources have a source close to Ford that confirms the Raptor name for Bronco. Yes, it's a source-of-a-source but it's been a reliable source in the past, and it is the second such report we've had in the past 24 hours. Still, in the spirit of full disclosure, take it all with a grain of salt.

Sponsored