Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wouldn't this suggest that BRONCO is the well-established name, i.e., it will not be called the Ford Warthog? Their examples don't seem to backup their case: F-150 Lightning, MUSTANG Mach-e.

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Since it will be overpriced, how about Lincoln BRO

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It seems the Bronco Raptor will have 37s as an option like the GEN3 Raptor. Spy photos shows 35 and 37s. Here's the photo that shows 37s.

Ford Bronco "Bronco Raptor" may be production name for "Warthog" model 1622036451789

The sheetmetal is looking more and more like a standard Bronco with larger flares.

Why are they quoting 35" tires, I thought we had seen 37" tires in some of the other photos?

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wouldn't this suggest that BRONCO is the well-established name, i.e., it will not be called the Ford Warthog? Their examples don't seem to backup their case: F-150 Lightning, MUSTANG Mach-e.
You missed the part where it was supposed to be call the "Bronco Warthog", Ford even trademarked the name Warthog.

BroncMO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That’s the point. Wouldn’t that be consistent with the naming methodology? Just seems like a lot of speculation over nothing.

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just have to make sure it has that ridiculous size Ford lettering. That way you know it's a raptor. I think they should make it even larger and have it wrap around to the doors 😅
it’s like someone in design just wants to throw 37’s on the FORD grille

Ford Bronco "Bronco Raptor" may be production name for "Warthog" model F33E388B-20CD-4068-B762-3AC0B34CBCA3

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still vote for Bronco Goat...

Makes as much sense as raptor.

Sponsored

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ugh not Raptor. Can we please call it Baja Bronco already

Ford Bronco "Bronco Raptor" may be production name for "Warthog" model 533001C1-AF31-4903-8427-3A692C193DF1

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
per article in today’s Ford Authority:

https://fordauthority.com/2021/05/ford-bronco-warthog-might-launch-under-different-name-exclusive/

Sources familiar with the matter have told us that Ford’s current leadership favors powerful, well-recognized names over new names that would need to establish recognition in the marketplace. It is precisely for that reason that two of the newest Ford products rely on existing names with plenty of history, cachet, recognition.

We’re of course referring to FoMoCo’s decision to name its first dedicated EV as the Mustang Mach-E (rather than just “Mach-E”) and its first electric pickup the F-150 Lightning (rather than F-150 EV or F-150 Electric). In that light, the Warthog name has no recognition beyond those closely following the latest Bronco-related news and developments. In fact, it’s not even clear which of the four warthogs inspired the Warthog name to begin with.
Pretty sure the real reason they aren't going with Warthog is because people like me said it's a stupid name! 😄 :LOL:

Either give it a name like Bronco R or Bronco RS like Ford has done with other sport-upgraded models, or go with Raptor. Or maybe another horse-inspired name that could work with Bronco. But of the three (or any choice, for that matter), which one tells people what it is without any further discussion?

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well with the Ranger Raptor allegedly coming in another year (or twenty) they are definitely building out the Raptor line. I'm curious how this will go though if the Bronco brand is supposed to become it's own standalone entity like Jeep and Ram how will the Raptor versions fit in?

The more the Raptor Warthog progresses along the more I like it and the less interested I am in it to add to my stable. I need the Marine vinyl and washout floors in my life, not Recaro racing seats which the Raptor variant will likely have. I like Recaro/racing seats in my cars but want something extra comfy and easy to clean in my off roader. Also I'm leaning towards the 2.7 as my preferred engine option vs the Raptor's alleged 3.0 as the 3.0 is an aluminum block and not as strong/durable in my opinion and doesn't have as low or as fat of a torque curve.

Last edited:

gjennings12

Badlands
First Name
Grayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will it be available in 2 door though?