Sponsored

Bronco Raptor Price Protection.

Are you happy with how Ford has handled the initial reservations.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dixie

Wildtrak
First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi everyone, I just joined this group. Here is my story. I put on reservation two Broncos the very first night in July 2020, they were offered. The wheel kept spinning and I hit the submit twice. Accidentally. Anyway, 2 Wildtrack,
my husband and I each spec’d out what we wanted. We converted on 2/21. actual order. Hard tops. The delay for many reason.

On 2022, they did the drawing for the raptor for one if we wanted to . We said yes, and converted that in early March of ‘22. I understand to convert to raptor it Was not price protected From Wildtrack to raptor.

I still don’t have either. The wildtrack was built and I have had 3 ship date changes. now show arriving between the 4th and 10th. I have the contract for both drawn Up and I was buying the Wildtrack and hubby paying for the raptor. When i looked at the raptor was 2023 MSRP. (I have both 2023 models). It was my understanding from my dealer that the raptor 22-23 was price protected and now they are telling me it’s not. When i told him this is what he told me based on my order dates, and nope didn’t change accessories on either just paint because of unavailabilit on the original.

he redid both contracts last week with the pricing correct back to 2020 wiltrack, and the 2022 raptor. Today he tells me the raptor was not price protected. I brought up all my dates our conversations, he never balked one bit last week. Told me he was off Monday and if something was still amiss he would correct it Again. i think he did what was right and he has been in closed session and now said no.

Help…and any documentation or what you know helps and what is BroncMy23?
Sponsored

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can’t help on the price protection problem. I am sure someone has good info for you But congratulations on getting a Raptor, in my opinion if you could get it for 23 or 22 MSRP that’s a score.

OP
OP
Dixie

Dixie

Wildtrak
First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
[i ageee, and we are both excited if all the rule changes and required criteria to meet and keep track of us a bit stressful. I think they are hoping we trim it down. Not happening. I will post when I get both. They are 4 door hardtop, nav (another delay), chip, paint protextion (we dropped) and the latest is the woofer speaker, they are giving a credit. 😂

Can’t help on the price protection problem. I am sure someone has good info for you But congratulations on getting a Raptor, in my opinion if you could get it for 23 or 22 MSRP that’s a score.
[/QUOTE]

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Performance vehicles (of which the Bronco Raptor is one of them) are ineligible for year-over-year price protection.

They are eligible for retail price protection within a specific model year. So if you ordered a 2022MY Bronco Raptor in March 2022, and Ford raised the price on 2022MY vehicles in July 2022... you would be locked in to the March 2022 price. But if you ordered a 2022MY vehicle had to re-order a 2023MY vehicle, that is not price protected.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dixie

Dixie

Wildtrak
First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I didn’t reorder to 2023, my model got bumped to a 23 by ford. I had no option. They didn’t have mine in production, gave me a date if 11/6 first. Then the 11/23 now 1/9. . So you think still. Dealer didn’t change my order, it’s the same, just a new year. Happy new year. I just got an offer for it, but we are thinking his and hers. unloading my king ranch ‘22 explorer and my husbands rubicon ‘17 with 19k miles. Be funny having two in our driveway.

SVTGoat

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think alot depends on your dealer also in helping you with this if they want to or not.

My original reservation was July 18, 2020 and then while waiting and waiting I was able to convert to a Bronco Raptor when they 1st were offered. 1st in October 19, 2021 and then in March 15, 2022. Didn't get built in MY22 but was pushed to MY23. Well, it is built now and being delivered to dealership next week!
My dealer IS honoring our 2022 price agreement we had even though the Window Sticker does have the new 2023 pricing on it.
I would think your dealer could work with you if they wanted too. Hopefully they will and honor what you had in place to begin with! Best of luck

OP
OP
Dixie

Dixie

Wildtrak
First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Exactly the answer I was looking for. Thank you.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I didn’t reorder to 2023, my model got bumped to a 23 by ford. I had no option. They didn’t have mine in production, gave me a date if 11/6 first. Then the 11/23 now 1/9. . So you think still. Dealer didn’t change my order, it’s the same, just a new year. Happy new year. I just got an offer for it, but we are thinking his and hers. unloading my king ranch ‘22 explorer and my husbands rubicon ‘17 with 19k miles. Be funny having two in our driveway.
Yeah I understand what happened, it’s just Ford doesn’t provide any protection themselves on Ford Performance vehicles. Been that way as long as I can remember and a lot of F-150 Raptor customers have been impacted over the years.

But as @SVTGoat said, the final price is ultimately between you and your dealer. My dealer is also honoring the price agreements they made with customers in 2022, but those agreements were over MSRP. So now the price is slightly less over MSRP than it was last year prior (still over).

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
In the same boat .. had a 2022 Warthog on order and it was pushed into 2023. The price went up $5,280 in 2023 and there is no price protection from Ford.

If your dealership is planning to reduce the 2023 price by $5,280 then you have a GREAT dealership.

And if you are getting it at sticker then even better!

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

No price protection on the Raptor since it's a Ford Performance product. Ford could have definitely done something about it, though, but they won't. Just another knife in the guts of early reservation holders. My dealer was even enough to only charge me 2500 over MSRP for my golden ticket conversion to the BRaptor (sarcasm). I'm ready for this whole ordeal to be over.

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think alot depends on your dealer also in helping you with this if they want to or not.

My original reservation was July 18, 2020 and then while waiting and waiting I was able to convert to a Bronco Raptor when they 1st were offered. 1st in October 19, 2021 and then in March 15, 2022. Didn't get built in MY22 but was pushed to MY23. Well, it is built now and being delivered to dealership next week!
My dealer IS honoring our 2022 price agreement we had even though the Window Sticker does have the new 2023 pricing on it.
I would think your dealer could work with you if they wanted too. Hopefully they will and honor what you had in place to begin with! Best of luck
Would the dealer take a $5k+ hit if honoring ‘22 prices? Wouldn’t that push the price below wholesale (or whatever the dealer owes Ford) making them lose money on the sale?

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would the dealer take a $5k+ hit if honoring ‘22 prices? Wouldn’t that push the price below wholesale (or whatever the dealer owes Ford) making them lose money on the sale?
Right?!? Makes no sense that a dealer would do that.

To imply that a dealer would be willing to 'help you if they wanted to' by having them pay more to Ford than they are selling it to you for is NOT an experience that can or should be expected.

SVTGoat

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Exactly the answer I was looking for. Thank you.
I do have a great dealership I am working with, small hometown 15 miles away from me. With this being said yes is was at MSRP pricing for MY22.

SVTGoat

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Right?!? Makes no sense that a dealer would do that.

To imply that a dealer would be willing to 'help you if they wanted to' by having them pay more to Ford than they are selling it to you for is NOT an experience that can or should be expected.
You all are "assuming" what the dealer is paying for the vehicle. Ultimately you have no idea. It is up to you to work out your price agreement with your dealer then not worry about what everyone else thinks. I'm happy. That's what matters in my Bronco Raptor purchase.
Sponsored