Sponsored

Bronco Raptor Price Protection.

Are you happy with how Ford has handled the initial reservations.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I just asked my salesman about invoice pricing and if invoice pricing is really what a dealership pays for a vehicle. I am waiting for him to respond

And if anyone does not know .. Manufacturers has a "HoldBack" program for their dealerships. No matter the sales price, dealerships will get a percentage of the sale back from the manufacturer.

Ford sets this at 3%. So if a dealership sells a Bronco for 60K then mother ford pays the dealership $1800 (60,000 x .03) for selling that vehicle.

I am sure there are other incentives packages ... like if you sell 100 F150s in 1 month you get something ...

You all are "assuming" what the dealer is paying for the vehicle. Ultimately you have no idea. It is up to you to work out your price agreement with your dealer then not worry about what everyone else thinks. I'm happy. That's what matters in my Bronco Raptor purchase.
Sponsored

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You all are "assuming" what the dealer is paying for the vehicle. Ultimately you have no idea. It is up to you to work out your price agreement with your dealer then not worry about what everyone else thinks. I'm happy. That's what matters in my Bronco Raptor purchase.
True., but what does a dealer pay for a Raptor? Does anyone know? Invoice is 96.5% of MSRP. Someone should be able to figure out what the dealer pays, correct? I think the assumption that $5,280 under invoice is below their wholesale cost is a fairly safe one.

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I just asked my salesman about invoice pricing and if invoice pricing is really what a dealership pays for a vehicle. I am waiting for him to respond

And if anyone does not know .. Manufacturers has a "HoldBack" program for their dealerships. No matter the sales price, dealerships will get a percentage of the sale back from the manufacturer.

Ford sets this at 3%. So if a dealership sells a Bronco for 60K then mother ford pays the dealership $1800 (60,000 x .03) for selling that vehicle.

I am sure there are other incentives packages ... like if you sell 100 F150s in 1 month you get something ...
On a $74,000 base Raptor, the invoice discount would be $2,590 (3.5%). The holdback would be $2,220 (3.0%). Total of $4,810. I guess the dealer could pretty easily find another $470 to honor '22 pricing.

OP
OP
Dixie

Dixie

Wildtrak
First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Right?!? Makes no sense that a dealer would do that.

To imply that a dealer would be willing to 'help you if they wanted to' by having them pay more to Ford than they are selling it to you for is NOT an experience that can or should be expected.
It’s my understanding that they are also in the price protection in the form of rebate after vehicle is sold. They are getting the BR at the 2022 price protection as well. I read it in another thread.

Sponsored

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi everyone, I just joined this group. Here is my story. I put on reservation two Broncos the very first night in July 2020, they were offered. The wheel kept spinning and I hit the submit twice. Accidentally. Anyway, 2 Wildtrack,
my husband and I each spec’d out what we wanted. We converted on 2/21. actual order. Hard tops. The delay for many reason.

On 2022, they did the drawing for the raptor for one if we wanted to . We said yes, and converted that in early March of ‘22. I understand to convert to raptor it Was not price protected From Wildtrack to raptor.

I still don’t have either. The wildtrack was built and I have had 3 ship date changes. now show arriving between the 4th and 10th. I have the contract for both drawn Up and I was buying the Wildtrack and hubby paying for the raptor. When i looked at the raptor was 2023 MSRP. (I have both 2023 models). It was my understanding from my dealer that the raptor 22-23 was price protected and now they are telling me it’s not. When i told him this is what he told me based on my order dates, and nope didn’t change accessories on either just paint because of unavailabilit on the original.

he redid both contracts last week with the pricing correct back to 2020 wiltrack, and the 2022 raptor. Today he tells me the raptor was not price protected. I brought up all my dates our conversations, he never balked one bit last week. Told me he was off Monday and if something was still amiss he would correct it Again. i think he did what was right and he has been in closed session and now said no.

Help…and any documentation or what you know helps and what is BroncMy23?
No protection for the Raptor. or any changes made to an original order.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s my understanding that they are also in the price protection in the form of rebate after vehicle is sold. They are getting the BR at the 2022 price protection as well. I read it in another thread.
If dealers are getting 2023 Braptors from Ford at 2022 invoice prices then that would definitely change things and allow any reasonable dealer the opportunity to work with you.

Good luck with the negotiation. At the end of the day the braptor in your garage is the goal.

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Keep us updated on this.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don't think so. I am working with a really good dealership and they are not getting a rebate from Ford for the Braptor.

JustinBC2

Outer Banks
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 Platinum, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
At this point I am paying an extra $5,280 for an extended delayed shipping option.
You are getting a 1 year newer model, instantly worth an extra $5k on the books I would think.

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Price Protection. 1664107615415

I'm in the same boat but even worst as Ford Canada added $15k to 2022 Braptor. Ordered a 22 and now $117k cnd, $8k cdn more for my 2023 ( and I lost my favorite color) No MY re-order price protection from Ford!

Last edited:

Sponsored

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You are getting a 1 year newer model, instantly worth an extra $5k on the books I would think.

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Price Protection. 1664107615415

I'm in the same boat but even worst as Ford Canada added $15k to 2022 Braptor. Ordered a 22 and now $117k cnd, $8k cdn more for my 2023 ( and I lost my favorite color) No MY re-order price protection from Ford!
Could always try to find 2022 on lot with ADM and take that over a 2023. Depending on the ADM it may end up as the same price or slightly bit more than a 2023 at MSRP because of the increased 2023 MY price.

Finbox

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KLR650
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No. The Bronco Price Protection Program only applies to eligible customers. Price protection will not apply if switching to a Raptor or
Heritage Limited Edition.

Most of us that got pushed from 2022 to 2023 did not switch anything

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

There are no private offers on Raptors I just bought mine yesterday. This includes anything prior as those were dropped on conversion

Autoenthusiast2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ BRaptor, 23’ B/L, 22’ Tundra TRD Pro, 22’Trx
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
“Not Happy-Plain & Simple….”

our “Golden Ticket” Raptor ordered in March 22’ was suppose to be built/produced as a 2022 Model. When Ford was not able to produce it due to “supply chain issues” it was bumped to a 2023 model. Took delivery of a 23’ model BRaptor on Dec. 2022 but with that came a 5K price increase which is I feel was totally unfair. FORD was the one who could not deliver on their promise/vehicle. The G/T BRaptor ordered in 03/2022 should have been “price protected“ for that reason. Whether it is a Ford Performance vehicle should not matter.

***on another note** L/B Ford Kansas did not even let me know/contact me re: our 22’ Braptor was being bumped/pushed to a 23’ model. No Communication whatsoever.. I was never contacted that the BRaptor had to be re-ordered as a 23’ model, never reviewed/signed a new order/document(s) to order a 2023-model BRaptor, never notified there would be a 5k price increase on the 23’ model- Absolutely Nothing….
When I was about to take delivery and noticed a 5K increase they refused to honor the previous MSRP price for the 22’ BRaptor I ordered. To boot, when I received my W/S I noticed they missed adding the $0 Hardtop Sound Deadening headliner option that I had on my original 22’ order (told must have missed/occurred when they reordered the BRaptor for 23’). Their response was I could go purchase it myself… Yeah, what’s another $500.

Ordered a Ram Trx and due to supply chain issues it took several months to get built/receive. Ram had (2) price increases from time of order to delivery which made the truck go up 7k. I received “Price Protection“ from Ram and received the Trx at the original msrp even though the window sticker showed the new increased msrp price. Just shows you the difference in how one manufacturer handles things vs. another.

Looking at purchasing a new Diesel p/u and decided on a Ram 3500 Limited vs. another Ford S/Dty F-350 K/R and I can tell you that this experience played a definite role into my decision and probably any decision in the future (no more mustangs etc) as I feel “cheated” plain & simple by Ford and how things were handled.
Sponsored

Last edited: