steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the LiteBrite folks, but something bothers me when I’m watching their new videos.
  • they spoke highly of the badlands at first
  • they hated it eventually for reasons that still exist on the braptor (electronic 4wd engagement they wouldnt trust, ifs, etc)
  • they seem to like the raptor
shouldnt their old badlands with some upgrades (suspension, steering, tires) perform nearly identically in these rock crawling scenarios?

strange to me that they can hate the BL but speak highly of the BR. I can’t help but think their opinion will change when they get through the honeymoon. kinda just feels like a grab to get back some of the bronco viewers
Because they're fake. Acting for the camera and youtube views. Slaves to the view and subscriber count.
I can't trust anything they say anymore. Stopped watching their vids a while back. The Badlands / Raptor dichotomy cemented my opinion.
It's hard to believe they're popular, but it was also hard for me to believe The Big Bang Theory was popular...
Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think the video where they first got the raptor Kevin explains what he liked about the raptor over the badlands. I think at one point he mentioned something along the lines that it was just going to be cheaper to buy a raptor than fully upgrade the badlands just to get to a raptor level.
This fully explains why, when my dealer said I could get the Raptor at MSRP if the sales manager could have my Reservation-order for my 2 door badlands fully loaded I went for it.

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This fully explains why, when my dealer said I could get the Raptor at MSRP if the sales manager could have my Reservation-order for my 2 door badlands fully loaded I went for it.
Congrats on your raptor :) in hindsight I would probably do the same if the opportunity had presented itself.

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Excellent...thanks for sharing! The Raptor is tempting

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the LiteBrite folks, but something bothers me when I’m watching their new videos.
  • they hated it eventually for reasons that still exist on the braptor (electronic 4wd engagement they wouldnt trust, ifs, etc)
shouldnt their old badlands with some upgrades (suspension, steering, tires) perform nearly identically in these rock crawling scenarios?

strange to me that they can hate the BL but speak highly of the BR. I can’t help but think their opinion will change when they get through the honeymoon. kinda just feels like a grab to get back some of the bronco viewers
I recall they seemed to have loved the ride in that 7MT Badlands at the KOH ride along. I remember Britt losing her shit over the hydraulic sway bar disconnect.

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Don’t try to make sense of it, they exist to get views which means stirring some shit. I just like to see the footage of a Raptor in its full off-road glory. This means watch on mute 😂

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Ha, i was about to post saying the same thing. They sold their bronco for another bronco with the same aesthetics/looks? Maybe a little bigger different performance parts. Same crap different body and they're like OH YEAH I LOVE THIS!

Honestly the BR is way way too big to "wheel" in my opinion.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

no one has been able to get the coyote to work except ford. It will not be easy to get the 392 to work and what trans would you use?
Not yet but one YouTube channel is getting close with the Coyote. Plenty of room in the engine bay. I think they’re just using the trans from a F150. They don’t seem to be running into many issues.

I’m guessing there will be kits in the future.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
room is not the issue .. getting all the electronics to work is the issue.

Not yet but one YouTube channel is getting close with the Coyote. Plenty of room in the engine bay. I think they’re just using the trans from a F150. They don’t seem to be running into many issues.

Sponsored

Itsdchz

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 PB XLT - 2022 Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Holy Braptor!! Thank you so much for sharing! We’ve built Toyota rigs, and have spent much time on obstacles such as these. No way on earth could we ever have thought this was possible with a Ford, pretty much stock from factory! Thanks for sharing. Excellent driving and rock crawling patience! Bravo!

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ha, i was about to post saying the same thing. They sold their bronco for another bronco with the same aesthetics/looks? Maybe a little bigger different performance parts. Same crap different body and they're like OH YEAH I LOVE THIS!

Honestly the BR is way way too big to "wheel" in my opinion.
Did you watch the Video?

Go ahead and name one other Stock production vehicle that can do that? Have you seen their other videos of what it can do?

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol
I’ll take the opposite guess
Almost 3 years in, no one has done it yet

Are there some good kits for other vehicles an engine/transmission/transfer case never came in and is newer than 2020??

and the kit will be incredibly expensive at that

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol
I’ll take the opposite guess
Almost 3 years in, no one has done it yet

Are there some good kits for other vehicles an engine/transmission/transfer case never came in and is newer than 2020??

and the kit will be incredibly expensive at that
Not three years. Didn’t the first Bronco start delivery in VERY limited numbers in summer of 2021?

I’m not surprised at all it’s taken this long for someone to mount an effort on the swap.

But never underestimate the ingenuity of auto enthusiasts. Nor the power of Monster drinks.
Sponsored