First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
About a year ago, a YouTuber who had a bronco and was thinking about attempting a coyote swap and concluded that without ford’s help it would be impossible. Btw, she is the 1st to add a turbo to a c8 z06 so she knows a little bit about cars. Also, you would think Hennessy would tackle this project but has not.

A bronco raptor R is on the product roadmap and I bet Ford is keeping any V8 variant to themselves and not helping anyone with their bronco v8 aspirations.

Not three years. Didn’t the first Bronco start delivery in VERY limited numbers in summer of 2021?

I’m not surprised at all it’s taken this long for someone to mount an effort on the swap.

But never underestimate the ingenuity of auto enthusiasts. Nor the power of Monster drinks.
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

About a year ago, a YouTuber who had a bronco and was thinking about attempting a coyote swap and concluded that without ford’s help it would be impossible. Btw, she is the 1st to add a turbo to a c8 z06 so she knows a little bit about cars. Also, you would think Hennessy would tackle this project but has not.

A bronco raptor R is on the product roadmap and I bet Ford is keeping any V8 variant to themselves and not helping anyone with their bronco v8 aspirations.
Emily just got the Bronco because all the YouTubers were. She’s didn’t try very hard but she’s got views from saying she was. But she likes her sports cars more.

Coyote swaps are pretty common with other platforms. Integration will be hard but someone has to try.

Ford won’t help because then everyone will ask why they didn’t put one into the Raptor from the get go.

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I NEED the soundtrack from the Demon blower whine at the end to play thru the stereo on my 2 dr Badlands 2.3l MT.
Wait...I should take a recorder over to me fren who has a Redeye AND a Demon...
Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor - REAL OFF ROAD TEST - by Lite Brite 20221124_132540

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have done a coyote swap (not bronco). The community will figure out a path. Also Ford has helped in the past, you just have to work with the right people.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We all knew what we were getting into with the Bronco's.... something far superior for 95% of the terrain we face, but inferior in the rocks. I wanted a solid axle, didn't get it, but for what I do mostly (shuttle kids from practice to practice) the Bronco is best.

Now adding 37's and a few front end strengthening additions really closes the gap with the IFS and SA, but SA will always be king.

It's a give and take and i feel like for what I need the Bronco IFS with 37's, light weight wheels and some strengthening components would run lock step with any rock crawling here in KY.

The BL on 37's should do everything the Raptor does, just lower HP (better mileage!).

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you watch the Video?

Go ahead and name one other Stock production vehicle that can do that? Have you seen their other videos of what it can do?
The Raptor physically won't fit on NE USA trails. I was out at AOAA in PA with my Sasquatch and the tires were up against trees on each side. The Raptor flares would be crushed and they are not easily removed like the Bronco flares.
Yes, it's capable, but that was not the criticism.

For it's width (about 1 Ton swap width) it needs at least 40's. If you're going to make a Bronco as wide as the Raptor, you're better off with portals for trail riding in the NE (or deep snow).

If you're out west and like to go fast across the desert, the Raptor build from Ford is impossible to create for the money. Raptor is a great bargain and an amazing Bronco build. I would get one, but it is not the direction I want to go with my Bronco.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The Raptor physically won't fit on NE USA trails. I was out at AOAA in PA with my Sasquatch and the tires were up against trees on each side. The Raptor flares would be crushed and they are not easily removed like the Bronco flares.
Yes, it's capable, but that was not the criticism.

For it's width (about 1 Ton swap width) it needs at least 40's. If you're going to make a Bronco as wide as the Raptor, you're better off with portals for trail riding in the NE (or deep snow).

If you're out west and like to go fast across the desert, the Raptor build from Ford is impossible to create for the money. Raptor is a great bargain and an amazing Bronco build. I would get one, but it is not the direction I want to go with my Bronco.

Yes, the width is a big limitation on New England tight trails. It can be an issue in KY and TN also, but you have to know which ones you will fit on.

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you watch the Video?

Go ahead and name one other Stock production vehicle that can do that? Have you seen their other videos of what it can do?
Hard no, Cant stand to watch the crypt keeper. even the regular bronco is mentioned by other notable channels and they all say its big as well. Its more designed for Baja and not tight trails.

Oh and not to mention... a V6 still... the people want the v8 raptor (dont quote me 09/14?)

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
funny how everyone knocks them for what they say and not what they do.

Here's a suggestion, turn down the volumn and just watch the video.

And I bet there are only a handfull of owners doing this type of extreme off-roading with their Braptor

Sponsored

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Seriously curious what’s funny. Rock crawling on 37’s with upgraded suspension, rack, etc. how is the raptor that much better?

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
sorry BUT the Warthog is better. I am sure you can contact Lite Brite and ask if you can come along and see if you can do the same course.

In their 1st video, there was a bronco on 37s behind them and it got stuck on the same obstacle and had to be winched up.

Let me see if I can find the video.

Seriously curious what’s funny. Rock crawling on 37’s with upgraded suspension, rack, etc. how is the raptor that much better?
Sponsored