Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So -

a) those hoping for a bolt-on re-profiled flare closer to the Everglades look (me included) will have a lot of holes to fill and re-paint
b) here we see why plastic flares are more practical than expanded painted fenders for off road use / damage
100% agree, but might still get some nice aftermarket alternatives ..
Sponsored

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
lots of bolt holes..thought it would be easier to take off
I honestly think it'd just be easier to pop off the entire quarter panel, I don't know why you need to include a removable flare on top of a removable fender, especially if the flare is about as easy to remove as the engine.

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

A Bronco Raptor spotted with Michigan manufacturer plate in Dillon, Colorado. Looks like some heavy duty offroad testing.

So I guess they aren't as removable as the non raptor Bros?
That's a shame, as that would haven been my first move.

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So -

a) those hoping for a bolt-on re-profiled flare closer to the Everglades look (me included) will have a lot of holes to fill and re-paint
b) here we see why plastic flares are more practical than expanded painted fenders for off road use / damage

If I recall correctly, both the fenders and the flares are plastic.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Have you seen how hard someone has to wipe to tear off a fiber glass bed on a prerunner? It's not common outside of race situations. I get that this part is "replacable" but it also should never get damaged on the vast majority of Raptors that are even doing 55MPH+ in Mexico.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Have you seen how hard someone has to wipe to tear off a fiber glass bed on a prerunner? It's not common outside of race situations. I get that this part is "replacable" but it also should never get damaged on the vast majority of Raptors that are even doing 55MPH+ in Mexico.
Based on some of the reviews - I am guessing it is the yellow poles in the drive through that will be taking these flares off most often.

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Damn, was thinking/hoping the flares would be removable, meaning once removed it wouldn’t look like that. Here’s hoping “advanced fiberglass concepts” has something for the raptor soon.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That’s what I figured it would like under there. There was no way that heavy fender was going to be bolted to a 1” strip like a Bronco. That’s going to be hard to make new flares for unless new fenders are also made

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That’s what I figured it would like under there. There was no way that heavy fender was going to be bolted to a 1” strip like a Bronco. That’s going to be hard to make new flares for unless new fenders are also made
Totally agree. There is way too much going on here to make a replacement flare that looks right with the existing fenders. The flare contour line, the numerous holes/locations and the leading edge on the door would seem to preclude an aftermarket flare that will deal with those constraints and appeal to the flare haters. Plus who’s going to make a quality fender/flare (without significant compromises)in the near future for a reasonable amount of money for such a low production volume vehicle.

I don’t actually mind the flares, but I hope I’m wrong about the aftermarket. In the mean time I think we’re all going to have to embrace those big beautiful flares.
Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Rips it’s rear wheel well flare clean off 925C8159-6744-4D58-AE72-80CAC6463EF2

Sponsored

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It looks like he just drove through Chicago.

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Worse than the bullet holes, which can be patched, is the inlay or indent, which can’t .

OP
OP
BroncoBuckaroo

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I honestly think it'd just be easier to pop off the entire quarter panel, I don't know why you need to include a removable flare on top of a removable fender, especially if the flare is about as easy to remove as the engine.
that’s right! The rear quarters come off almost forgot about that

OP
OP
BroncoBuckaroo

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I recall correctly, both the fenders and the flares are plastic.
oh Didn’t know the rear quarters were plastic, thought they were aluminum or is that just on non-Raptor Bronco’s ?