First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was washing my new Raptor the other day and noticed some rust that had formed along the bottom edge of the plastic applique that is on the swing gate of the Bronco. Are there any other owners that see this?

I know it is under warranty and I will take it in but it almost looks as if there are metal shavings between the body panel and the plastic. Does anyone have any ideas on how to remove the plastic piece so I can clean it out and prevent any damage until I can take it in?

Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Took two years to get a Bronco. Love this thing and I am happy to have found this forum.

Thanks,

tempImagejz2ugh.png

tempImagenIm2pw.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
kwhite1109

kwhite1109

Raptor
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I know the rust doesn't look significant in the bottom photo but it was very noticeable before I cleaned it.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

can you be specific about the location. I know I am getting older but I can't see any rust?!?

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
can you be specific about the location. I know I am getting older but I can't see any rust?!?
Look between the black tailgate reinforcement piece and the tailgate in the second picture. Hard to see unless you zoom in.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Open the bottom pic to enlarge, look very carifully between the black and the blue, you will see very very small rust spots behind the black

Sponsored

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Look between the black tailgate reinforcement piece and the tailgate in the second picture. Hard to see unless you zoom in.
LOL, beat me by seconds!!!!

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had to really zoom in to see it but after seeing it, it does look significant. I'd be talking with my dealer soon.

OP
OP
kwhite1109

kwhite1109

Raptor
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I had to really zoom in to see it but after seeing it, it does look significant. I'd be talking with my dealer soon.
Yep, I called today and I am awaiting a callback from the warranty guy tomorrow. I am hoping it is nothing too severe behind that plastic piece but who knows.

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It looks like rust "drips" from maybe the hardware as I believe the tailgate is aluminum. Either way I'd have them check it out. Sometimes hardware that shouldn't rust, does because it is from a bad run.

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shouldn’t be brusting already.

Sponsored

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thanks!
yes definitely a dealer call - hopefully it is just a drip that is over the finish and not coming up from the metal below the paint. Wonder if the drips came off the carrier while being transported.

OP
OP
kwhite1109

kwhite1109

Raptor
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am pretty sure it is either the fasteners behind the plastic as referenced earlier or metal shavings from something during assembly. If I knew how that plastic comes off I would dive in myself but I might as well let the warranty work for me this time.

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They might have the Tech spray some WD-40 on that area and send you on there way

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was washing my new Raptor the other day and noticed some rust that had formed along the bottom edge of the plastic applique that is on the swing gate of the Bronco. Are there any other owners that see this?

I know it is under warranty and I will take it in but it almost looks as if there are metal shavings between the body panel and the plastic. Does anyone have any ideas on how to remove the plastic piece so I can clean it out and prevent any damage until I can take it in?

Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Took two years to get a Bronco. Love this thing and I am happy to have found this forum.

Thanks,

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Rust tempImagenIm2pw

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Rust tempImagenIm2pw
Hi there – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
My driveshafts and axle shafts had quite a bit of rust on them. Fluid Film too care of it real fast. Good stuff.
Sponsored