Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wonder why they went with those lights in the back.. less distinguishable from the jeep, but it also looks a bit bulky to me
Sponsored

Last edited:

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
As well designed visually as their design team did with the 6G, they kinda missed the mark with this.

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Read good things about Farley... is a "REAL CAR GUY"... so my guess is fender gills are functional.

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Also, noted Lady Ford Engineer sitting in the red Raptor. I remember being at the Lincoln launch event for the (Then new...) Lincoln LS sedan on Treasure Island in San Francisco many years ago. There was a very nice Ford lady engineer there, discussing her high speed test drives with the Lincoln LS on the German autobahns.... Darn, life is tough for some people.

Wolfie272

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wrangler, 19 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t like it much. The purpose is definitely not off roading anymore. It’s all about looks and speed, which is normal for a Raptor. And that’s fine, just not my thing. But it also means they need to put some real punch under the hood, or what’s the point? I agree with an earlier poster, I’d go for an F-150 Raptor before this.

Sponsored

RivianNowPlz

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This hoe got a muffin top. Try on some bigger jeans B.

Sponsored

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately the Bronco Raptor is rapidly losing favor with me (not that Ford or anyone here would care, lol.)

Other than a bigger engine and bigger tires -- the latter of which is a trivial mod for a standard Bronco, and the former of which is largely, or at best, usually, unnecessary for wheeling -- there's really no advantage here except for the desert-go-fast crowd.

But they already have the Raptor. I mean, *cough* the F-150 Raptor. Right? I'm already confused.

I don't spend my weekends flying across the desert at high speed. None of my friends do, either. We wheel. That's why we have our 4x4 vehicles. And if I did, I wouldn't buy the Bronco Raptor, I'd buy "the King of the desert, the Ford Raptor." ... right? That was in a Ford video not too long ago.

And going further, the sheer size of this truck nigh rules it out of wheeling the more difficult trails in just about half the country, mostly the eastern half, of course. The fender flares? They're massive, and the first thing to go on any wheeling truck. You go high line for the clearance. What else do we have here? Suspension improvements? A new grill? Some badging?

Sorry to sound so negative, but... jeez.

So just what is this thing designed to do again? I'm almost wondering if this is in the category of the original Hummer which is a cool looking truck that does absolutely nothing well in the civilian world except grab attention... or the Chevy "H2" series, just a truck with a boxy body that sort of sucks. Or Ford's B.S. Explorer "Timberline," already shamed across the board by anyone not paid off by Ford. Or Land Rover's perfectly useless Evoque, or any number of other vehicles designed to look cool or cute or tough with no actual capability that matches the desired or perceived application.

In reality, these are just designed for projecting an image. Not actually performing a buyer's mission.

As such the Bronco Raptor is rapidly heading towards Poseur status along with the other aforementioned vehicles - sadly.

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It would make sense for those who want to wheel to get a regular Bronco model, but I think there will be a lot more people than you realize that will want the Raptor for its H.O. engine.

Like it or not, most people will not be taking their Broncos off-roading on a regular basis. There‘s just something cool about having a big tough vehicle with plenty of power. That’s why the F-150 Raptor has been such a success. Ford wants to apply the same Raptor treatment to Bronco.

Unfortunately the Bronco Raptor is rapidly losing favor with me (not that Ford or anyone here would care, lol.)

Other than a bigger engine and bigger tires -- the latter of which is a trivial mod for a standard Bronco, and the former of which is largely, or at best, usually, unnecessary for wheeling -- there's really no advantage here except for the desert-go-fast crowd.

But they already have the Raptor. I mean, *cough* the F-150 Raptor. Right? I'm already confused.

I don't spend my weekends flying across the desert at high speed. None of my friends do, either. We wheel. That's why we have our 4x4 vehicles. And if I did, I wouldn't buy the Bronco Raptor, I'd buy "the King of the desert, the Ford Raptor." ... right? That was in a Ford video not too long ago.

And going further, the sheer size of this truck nigh rules it out of wheeling the more difficult trails in just about half the country, mostly the eastern half, of course. The fender flares? They're massive, and the first thing to go on any wheeling truck. You go high line for the clearance. What else do we have here? Suspension improvements? A new grill? Some badging?

So just what is this thing designed to do again? I'm almost wondering if this is in the category of the original Hummer which is a cool looking truck that does absolutely nothing well in the civilian world except grab attention... or the Chevy "H2" series, just a truck with a boxy body that sort of sucks. Or Ford's B.S. Explorer "Timberline," already shamed across the board by anyone not paid off by Ford. Or Land Rover's perfectly useless Evoque, or any number of other vehicles designed to look cool or cute or tough with no actual capability that matches the desired or perceived application.

In reality, these are just designed for projecting an image. Not actually performing a buyer's mission.

As such the Bronco Raptor is rapidly heading towards Poseur status along with the other aforementioned vehicles - sadly.

mostfrantic

Badlands
First Name
Hesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 22 Ram AEV Prospector XL, stuff
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Driving just outside Detroit and look what I saw....

20211217_113551.jpg

20211217_113546.jpg

20211217_113548.jpg

20211217_113533.jpg

20211217_113530.jpg

20211217_113522.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 4.02.45 PM.jpg
I would hope there will be quarter pnl changes and this is just the easy way (& mis-info way) to check operation and drivability.

chadasm

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 2017 Focus ST, 2019 F450
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don't think it's quite fair to compare the Bronco Raptor to others that might be phoning it in. If you don't want it like what it offers, that doesn't mean it's a poseur.

I live in oil patch New Mexico; lots of large super duties / duallies (my other vehicle is an F450), so this will not be too big to drive around. There are also a lot of desert off-road areas to play and it's hard to be too big. Anything with the Raptor features works very well here.

I would not take a Pagani to the track and use its capabilities. That doesn't mean it's a bad poseur vehicle.

With that all being said, I'm not 100% sure I love the styling yet :LOL:

Sponsored