Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi All,

First post on the forums, so figure we'll make it a good one. Got the raptor steering wheel swapped with functional paddles thanks to BoostedGreyGooseDesigns and a prototype harness from him.

Below is a little write up from install. (I wrote this up for another purpose in a pdf prior, so sorry for all the captions inbedded in the pics*)
As always, before completing work like this...disconnect the battery.

Give a follow on instagram to show some support...gonna be working on some other better mods here in the future.
IG: Bronc.fifty_

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Steering Wheel Swap w/ Functional Paddles -- DIY installation writeup 1686134928428

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Steering Wheel Swap w/ Functional Paddles -- DIY installation writeup 1686134943474

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Steering Wheel Swap w/ Functional Paddles -- DIY installation writeup 1686134955232

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Steering Wheel Swap w/ Functional Paddles -- DIY installation writeup 1686134968519

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Steering Wheel Swap w/ Functional Paddles -- DIY installation writeup 1686134983891

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Steering Wheel Swap w/ Functional Paddles -- DIY installation writeup 1686134998317

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Steering Wheel Swap w/ Functional Paddles -- DIY installation writeup 1686135008659

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Steering Wheel Swap w/ Functional Paddles -- DIY installation writeup 1686135019268

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Steering Wheel Swap w/ Functional Paddles -- DIY installation writeup 1686135029513

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Steering Wheel Swap w/ Functional Paddles -- DIY installation writeup 1686135040710

Repeat disassembly steps to reassemble.

If you choose to not swap over the steering controls and use the ones that come on the raptor wheel, Forscan updates should be made to the SCCM to enable the steering wheel controls. There is a left and right steering wheel control line that will need adjusted. This will vary depending on what model Bronco you have. You can disassemble the controls and swap over the original, but I did not at this time. I was able to enable everything on my model.

Here's a little teaser pic. hopefully we get the 12" screen working next.

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Steering Wheel Swap w/ Functional Paddles -- DIY installation writeup IMG_1552.JPG

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Steering Wheel Swap w/ Functional Paddles -- DIY installation writeup IMG_1668.JPG

Happy modding everybody!

-Pat
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'd love to have the paddle shifters, but personally I just can't justify paying $1100+ for the steering wheel.
Either way, very cool!

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
T
Hi All,

First post on the forums, so figure we'll make it a good one. Got the raptor steering wheel swapped with functional paddles thanks to BoostedGreyGooseDesigns and a prototype harness from him.

Below is a little write up from install. (I wrote this up for another purpose in a pdf prior, so sorry for all the captions inbedded in the pics*)
As always, before completing work like this...disconnect the battery.

Give a follow on instagram to show some support...gonna be working on some other better mods here in the future.
IG: Bronc.fifty_

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Steering Wheel Swap w/ Functional Paddles -- DIY installation writeup IMG_1668.JPG

Repeat disassembly steps to reassemble.

If you choose to not swap over the steering controls and use the ones that come on the raptor wheel, Forscan updates should be made to the SCCM to enable the steering wheel controls. There is a left and right steering wheel control line that will need adjusted. This will vary depending on what model Bronco you have. You can disassemble the controls and swap over the original, but I did not at this time. I was able to enable everything on my model.

Here's a little teaser pic. hopefully we get the 12" screen working next.

Happy modding everybody!

-Pat
That looks awesome!

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd love to have the paddle shifters, but personally I just can't justify paying $1100+ for the steering wheel.
Either way, very cool!
Yep, would like the paddles but don't care for the striped wheel @ $1100+. Nice job though 🤠

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very cool!!

if I had an automatic I would seriously consider this... although the $1000 price and the carbon fiber look (which I don't like personally, but guessing I'm in the minority) is definitely a deterrent.

If it also enabled someone to upgrade to a heated steering wheel it would probably be a lot most justifiable from a cost perspective.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is it possible to install the Raptor paddle shifters on the non-Raptor steering wheel?
You’d still have to buy a raptor steering wheel. Can’t get the paddle shifters separately.

OP
OP

phal23

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Very cool!!

if I had an automatic I would seriously consider this... although the $1000 price and the carbon fiber look (which I don't like personally, but guessing I'm in the minority) is definitely a deterrent.

If it also enabled someone to upgrade to a heated steering wheel it would probably be a lot most justifiable from a cost perspective.
heat is an option and will be added; just need to confirm a few things. Clockspring needs purchased at min to accommodate for the wiring.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does the steering input button work? Such that you can be in normal goat mode but engage the tighter steering input that comes on with Sport mode?

Sponsored

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You’d still have to buy a raptor steering wheel. Can’t get the paddle shifters separately.
Just wanted to know if the core is identical between these steering wheels.

If I decide to make this mod, I think I will be able to find a buyer for the Raptor steering wheel sans the paddle shifters. Some people don't want to mess with wiring.

OP
OP

phal23

Big Bend
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just wanted to know if the core is identical between these steering wheels.

If I decide to make this mod, I think I will be able to find a buyer for the Raptor steering wheel sans the paddle shifters. Some people don't want to mess with wiring.
Cores are not exactly the same. The mould on the backside is slightly different.

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Cores are not exactly the same. The mould on the backside is slightly different.
Does it mean the paddle shifters can't be installed on the regular steering wheel?

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
heat is an option and will be added; just need to confirm a few things. Clockspring needs purchased at min to accommodate for the wiring.
This is the reason I'm following. Paddles do nothing for me, but the heat is a must.

I've done this on my LWN Colorado, where the heat circuit was installed but not from the column to wheel, so it only needed a heated wheel (from an Acadia, that needed to be dyed black, rewired with a different harness, long story...) and the clockspring with the heat circuit. Since the heat activate button was on the wheel, it was primarily those two things. From what I've read or been able to find, the HVAC panel will need to be swapped with the Lux panel with wheel heat, as well, for the switch to activate it.
Sponsored