Sponsored

Bronco Raptor Tow rating due to a couple of stabilizer bars?

Exekious

Big Bend
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am watching a review on YouTube and apparently, Ford threw on a couple of stabilizer bars and boom 4500lb towing capacity! Does anyone agree? I'd love to get to that point with my standard Bronco so I can tow my 1993 Porsche 968.
Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Tow rating due to a couple of stabilizer bars? Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 10.15.39 PM
Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Remember that the Raptor already has different suspension, which can also be a major contributing factor. (Bronco's softer suspension for off-road compared to truck towing is a limiting factor.)
Not sure if the Raptor also has different brakes.

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am watching a review on YouTube and apparently, Ford threw on a couple of stabilizer bars and boom 4500lb towing capacity!
Yup we all know about this when it got revealed that why everyone been wondering is this going to be add to the 23's.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am watching a review on YouTube and apparently, Ford threw on a couple of stabilizer bars and boom 4500lb towing capacity! Does anyone agree? I'd love to get to that point with my standard Bronco so I can tow my 1993 Porsche 968.
Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor Tow rating due to a couple of stabilizer bars? Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 10.15.39 PM
I bet your Bronco would tow it fine already but, no matter what you change, your official tow rating will be 3500 pounds from a legal standpoint.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Warthog has he F150 Brakes so YES, completely different (bigger) from the base bronco

Remember that the Raptor already has different suspension, which can also be a major contributing factor. (Bronco's softer suspension for off-road compared to truck towing is a limiting factor.)
Not sure if the Raptor also has different brakes.

Last edited:

Sponsored

LJBronc

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Raptor also has an extra brace for the hirch and stronger chassis revised coilovers mounts

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Bronco Raptor =
Bigger brakes
Extra transmission oil cooler
Electronically valved shocks
Different springs
Tow haul GOAT mode
Extra bars on hitch

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Don't forget that the Bronco has the same iffy brakes as the Ranger, or maybe even better if you count the electrically boosted ones on the V6. Unless there's some singificant amount of compounding effect of mediocre braking due to soft suspension that occurs on the Bronco and not the Ranger, then the brakes are not an issue. Given how much these trucks squat these trucks exhibit when hooked up, it's almost certainly entirely the soft suspension that's the main problem, with anything else contributing only marginally.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Raptor also has a Dana 50 under the rear.

OP
OP
Exekious

Exekious

Big Bend
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Warthog has he F150 Brakes so YES, completely different (bigger) from the base bronco
Here in Germany, I see little compact cars with 1.6 turbo diesels towing trailers with other entire cars, yet in Murica, I can tow one jet ski. It's infuriating.

I'm hoping that the Warthog provides some hints as to how to go about it. I just want to tow my old 3100 lb Porsche 968 and not feel like I'm pushing my luck.

Sponsored

CaliBronco92

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here in Germany, I see little compact cars with 1.6 turbo diesels towing trailers with other entire cars, yet in Murica, I can tow one jet ski. It's infuriating.

I'm hoping that the Warthog provides some hints as to how to go about it. I just want to tow my old 3100 lb Porsche 968 and not feel like I'm pushing my luck.
Towing speeds are much slower in Germany. Here vehicles are rated to much tougher conditions, so the ratings are lower

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I bet your Bronco would tow it fine already but, no matter what you change, your official tow rating will be 3500 pounds from a legal standpoint.
What legal standpoint?
Legal where ? In my states or and wa, and many others, the law does NOT go by manufacturers rating (or suggestions) it goes by legal weight for the tires rating. This is the law. This is what is legal! The tires capacity is the factor.

Now IF you overloaded the Bronco trailer above manufacturers suggested limit and you caused an accident, THEN you could be sued for not completely following the manufacturers rating and causing undue risk to theirs. But that is different than law.

Stop at any weight station and educate yourself by asking the lawman there the true story for your state. You will likely be very surprised on what the law actually allows!

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Here's a good read for the mask lovers....oh wait I mean the scared folks that follow the rules ...or for the ones that think manufacturers safety recommendations are law.

So funny.

There NOT! They are over-safe, ultra-conservative, built-in- redundancy, let's-not-get-sued-mental state of the geeky lawyers that write this shit for the engineer... basically the low rating is there so when use your bronco to pull out a stuck Peterbilt, (Yes I've done this and the hitch didn't break!) Ford's not liable in the suit-happy world we made for ourselves.

https://campersmarts-com.cdn.amppro...persmarts.com/how-to-increase-towing-capacity

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Towing speeds are much slower in Germany. Here vehicles are rated to much tougher conditions, so the ratings are lower
Compared to what the Autobahn? How much slower exactly? Uh the little VW Touareg and Porsche cayenne can tug a 7700 lbs trailer by the manufacturers recommendations, does Germany allow more for these two?

CaliBronco92

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Base
Compared to what the Autobahn? How much slower exactly? Uh the little VW Touareg and Porsche cayenne can tug a 7700 lbs trailer by the manufacturers recommendations, does Germany allow more for these two?
German towing laws are strict. German speed limits are strict.

There are special licenses and reduced speeds for towing. Enforcement is also strict, you don't get away with going 30mph over the speed limit while towing like you do in the US

And yes, most vehicles are rated to tow more weight in europe than they are in the US
Sponsored