First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey this is a great thread being I actually made the comment when I purchased my Raptor this reminded me of 2004-2008 years when I owned many H2’s. I had the SUV and SUT models at the same time. All custom with Superchargers, 22 wheels, exhaust, interior etc.
Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor vs Hummer H3 size comparison 42656AAA-F9E5-4644-8F99-608965D33ABE
w
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gritty

Wildtrak
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is it me, or does the back of the H3 look like an Izuzu Rodeo :unsure: ?

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it me, or does the back of the H3 look like an Izuzu Rodeo :unsure: ?
I always thought an old Cherokee XJ made love to an H2 and that’s how we got the h3

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My H3 Alpha with the 5.3lt was really good off roading either sand at Pismo or rocks in the Sierra. Very valid comparison from someone who had one. More ground clearance on Raptor though.

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor vs Hummer H3 size comparison H3 Alpha Pismo 2008

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor vs Hummer H3 size comparison DSC01566.JPG

Last edited:

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here are some pics to show Bronco Raptor proportions beside a Hummer H3. Bronco Raptor is much higher up (Look at mirror pic).

Would the Hummer H2 be closer in size to Bronco Raptor?

Why hello little Hummer, your buff dad is here.

Sponsored

usbplug

Base
First Name
Keegan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think if the H3 had the same massive tires the Raptor has, itd be about the same height. Before I had my Bronco, I went from a life of driving sedans to deciding a Hummer H3 was a good idea. While it was plagued with problems, it was the most fun in a vehicle I've ever had, and introduced me into offroading. The only way to appreciate a hummer is to accept that it's ridiculous, and then drive it as such.

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor vs Hummer H3 size comparison Snapchat-295983538

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor vs Hummer H3 size comparison Snapchat-171672905

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor vs Hummer H3 size comparison Snapchat-1061159208

Last edited:

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hummer? I’ll take an H1 or None, although the H3 actually came with a manual transmission option and lockers and was a reasonable size and price. Not bad. The H2 was just ridiculous

I never drove an H1 but looking at the interior and specs I’m sure it’s one of the worst driving experiences imaginable. Still was always a cool vehicle.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never drove an H1 but looking at the interior and specs I’m sure it’s one of the worst driving experiences imaginable. Still was always a cool vehicle.
Lol they are, but You love every minute of it.
It's akin to finding an old FJ40 sitting in a barn on 33's with dry-rotted tires and cobwebs all over.
You knock off the cobwebs, find the tires still hold air, and it will crank and run, so you take off through the fields, hitting every mudhole you can.
Smiling like a looney, getting tossed around like a rag doll, rattling this-or-that, smelling exhaust and something else getting hot you aren't quite sure of. Sunvisor falling off into your lap, window crank handle landing somewhere in the back. But a blast the whole time. Pretty close to that feeling.
And I'd buy one right now if I could find one for the right price.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor vs Hummer H3 size comparison 1668779299173

I always tell people to never take financial advice from people still driving H3s or H2s.

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep, the hate continues more than a decade after they stopped making them. :rolleyes:

I never understood the hate for this vehicle, in 07 I was just about to buy my 3rd wrangler and for "shits and giggles" I stopped by a gmc/hummer dealer one day. Long story short the dealer had a dozen or so 07's and 4 08's had just hit the lot earlier in the week, he had a fully loaded 06 that an old lady had bought, hardly drove (9K miles in 2 years)due to blind spots and he must have really wanted it gone. had it priced at 24,900 drove it off the lot for 20k cash and have never looked back. Now 190K miles later I still have her and she still runs like a champ (witch is surprising for a GM) As far as 4X4 capabilities I live on side of mountain and my driveway is a paved 50 degree angle, the H3 is the only vehicle we ever had that could make it up with any type of snow on it.

The only negative I have to say about it (not counting electrical problems, again its a GM) is the 5 cylinder engine this thing could really be a dog, towing snowmobiles upstate was brutal. If GM would have kept this alive and did a diesel or Turbo option it would have been a big thorn in Jeeps a$$

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor vs Hummer H3 size comparison hummer

Sponsored

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The h3 has options for front and rear e-lockers and could fit 35s stock WAY before anything else in that realm. Not to mention the V8 option, etc. Not my favorite vehicle but cmon, guys.
Yeah I've never not hated on Hummers but to bitch about how it's a minivan or "not a real Hummer" is pure delusion.

Factory V8, front and rear lockers, 33s, 4:1 low range, tows 6000lbs...no one with anything short of a Badlands should be talking shit.

BQH2010

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma nightshade 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
People make fun of hummers all the time but if you ever owned one they are very capable and the H2 had a ton of advanced features for a 2003 vehicle, stock 35’s, center and rear e locker, built in air compressor,
( I always get a kick out of all these new 4x4’s that you have to air down and air up and none of them have built-in air compressors yet), traction control “modes”, full front to back skid plates, Real rock sliders with quick detach steps (one knob no tools needed), trip computer with timers, total hours, personal/Business logs, heated selectable front seat bottom or back, heated rear seats, driver side auto dimming side mirror + auto dimming rear mirror, home link, on and on. Not to mention brake over angles and a very short hood so you can see what the hell you’re doing for a vehicle the size.

I have a bronco raptor on order and original owner of a 2004 hummer H2 one of the best vehicles I’ve ever owned, 250,000 miles one the odometer, just got back last month form a 5500mile trip to Moab and Telluride, went on all the hard trails in Telluride and Oray and it did fine.

Hummer H2 is 81 inches wide….and everybody laughed that is was too wide for a rock crawler Bronco Raptor is 85 inches wide and not a peep.
My H2 next to all my friends F150 4 x 4‘s and especially the F250s make it look like a small nimble little off Roader, it’s amazing how big stock 4X4 pickup trucks are now, they all look down on the H2.

Don’t get me started about the “real” hummer H1 I had one in the Army for six years its the biggest piece of shit I’ve ever drove. “Driver maintenance” fuck you motorpool!, Even though the hummer H1 and hummer H2 were made at the same factory right next to each other, unbelievable how much more reliable the H2 is. As everyone knows it’s a GM vehicle basically it’s a three-quarter ton SUV all GM 3/4 ton parts work on it, they’re easy to find and very cheap

Lol, motor pool pogs.

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Lol they are, but You love every minute of it.
It's akin to finding an old FJ40 sitting in a barn on 33's with dry-rotted tires and cobwebs all over.
You knock off the cobwebs, find the tires still hold air, and it will crank and run, so you take off through the fields, hitting every mudhole you can.
Smiling like a looney, getting tossed around like a rag doll, rattling this-or-that, smelling exhaust and something else getting hot you aren't quite sure of. Sunvisor falling off into your lap, window crank handle landing somewhere in the back. But a blast the whole time. Pretty close to that feeling.
And I'd buy one right now if I could find one for the right price.
I had an fj 40, that was pretty much the experience..... AND if you bent something underneath, get a pry bar and bend it back... those were the days..... simple is better.

Carl Sagan

Wildtrak
First Name
Brando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco WIldtrak HOSS 3.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
this is heresy I tell you the H3 is an embarrassment the Hummer line, at the most it should only be compared to a Bronco Sport. 😂 the other embarrassment 😞
comimg from the guy that drives a maverick….. a bronco sport with a truck bed lol
Sponsored