JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol they are, but You love every minute of it.

Smiling like a looney, getting tossed around like a rag doll, rattling this-or-that, smelling exhaust and something else getting hot you aren't quite sure of.

And I'd buy one right now if I could find one for the right price.
Very true! They're hot, loud, uncomfy, constant maintenance needed, parts becoming a bit more rare and diesel costs going through the roof. However it's the most fun driving experience. I rented a 4-door SAS OBX a month ago and I got the same sense of road presence as I get in my Humvee. Clearly the ride was a lot better but I was extremely satisfied with the feel of the vehicle.

I will not be getting rid of my Humvee however I will be sharing the summer drives with the Bronco next year.

And if you are serious about locating one I can help you find one. Find a 6.5L GEP engine if you can. Make sure whatever you go with has the 4-speed transmission.
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I vote for a H1 comparison to a braptor

Longshot

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People make fun of hummers all the time but if you ever owned one they are very capable and the H2 had a ton of advanced features for a 2003 vehicle, stock 35’s, center and rear e locker, built in air compressor,
( I always get a kick out of all these new 4x4’s that you have to air down and air up and none of them have built-in air compressors yet), traction control “modes”, full front to back skid plates, Real rock sliders with quick detach steps (one knob no tools needed), trip computer with timers, total hours, personal/Business logs, heated selectable front seat bottom or back, heated rear seats, driver side auto dimming side mirror + auto dimming rear mirror, home link, on and on. Not to mention brake over angles and a very short hood so you can see what the hell you’re doing for a vehicle the size.

I have a bronco raptor on order and original owner of a 2004 hummer H2 one of the best vehicles I’ve ever owned, 250,000 miles one the odometer, just got back last month form a 5500mile trip to Moab and Telluride, went on all the hard trails in Telluride and Oray and it did fine.

Hummer H2 is 81 inches wide….and everybody laughed that is was too wide for a rock crawler Bronco Raptor is 85 inches wide and not a peep.
My H2 next to all my friends F150 4 x 4‘s and especially the F250s make it look like a small nimble little off Roader, it’s amazing how big stock 4X4 pickup trucks are now, they all look down on the H2.

Don’t get me started about the “real” hummer H1 I had one in the Army for six years its the biggest piece of shit I’ve ever drove. “Driver maintenance” fuck you motorpool!, Even though the hummer H1 and hummer H2 were made at the same factory right next to each other, unbelievable how much more reliable the H2 is. As everyone knows it’s a GM vehicle basically it’s a three-quarter ton SUV all GM 3/4 ton parts work on it, they’re easy to find and very cheap

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor vs Hummer H3 size comparison 1668797814898
I give you respect for appreciating your vehicle and using it for what it was made for! Around here it seems that any H2's still running around have 18" lift kits and have never seen dirt, obnoxiously loud stereo's, 22's and every conceivable part chromed that can be...! Glad to see you are enjoying yours! :cool:

Sponsored

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Hummer H3 is like comparing the Bronco to a minivan (IMO - no offence if that's your Hummer).
isn't a Hummer H3 taken about as seriously as a Toyota Prius?
Next up: H3 vs Thanksgiving Turkey...with extra stuffing!!!
this is heresy I tell you the H3 is an embarrassment the Hummer line, at the most it should only be compared to a Bronco Sport. 😂 the other embarrassment 😞

I always tell people to never take financial advice from people still driving H3s or H2s.
First off to do a proper comparison one needs to know what an H3 really is and what it is capable of. Like them or hate them I don't care. I think that a correct comparison would be to a 4 door SAS Bronco. We all know by now what the Bronco is capable. If I had to choose one of the other it would be the new Bronco. The Raptor Bronco has the H3 well out classes. That said for your edification.

Motor Trend Nov 19, 2007

"And off-road it really shines. We powered over rocks and up inclines that seemed impossible to tread. Just throw it into low, lock the diff, and prepare to accomplish the unreasonable. There's 9.1 inches of ground clearance with max approach and departure angles of thirty-nine and thirty-seven degrees, respectively. This Alpha just digs in and goes, crossing the most formidable of impasses."

The H3 Alpha comes with a 5.3-liter small block V8 with 300 hp @ 5200 rpm (SAE) and 320 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm, with a towing capacity of 6,000 pounds. 0 to 60 in 8.3 seconds, quarter-mile run in 16.3 seconds at 87 miles-per-hour. Fuel Economy Ratings of 13 city/16 highway.

The H3 Alpha’s pushrod pairs with a four-speed automatic and feeds a full-time, two-speed, four-wheel drive system with brake traction control, a 4.10 rear differential which are cast iron, fully locking electronic front and rear differentials, 4.03:1 2-speed transfer case, 33-in. LT285/75R16C on-road/off-road tires.

The H3 Alpha comes with a Vortec 5.3L V8 engine cast-aluminum block and cylinder heads, Hydra-matic 4L60-E 4-speed automatic transmission, leather-appointed interior, heated front seats with 8-way power adjustment (including lumbar support), leather-wrapped steering wheel, in-dash 6-disc CD changer and premium 7-speaker Monsoon® sound system.

The H3 is a capable off-road vehicle. It had best-in-class approach and departure angles,* a 45.1:1 crawl ratio and full underbody protection with four skid plates. The locking rear differential is now complemented by an available front locking differential, bumping the crawl ratio up to a staggering 68.9:1. When the differentials are locked. Added Features like StabiliTrak Electronic Stability Control System, Hill Start Assist which helps prevent roll-back after stopping on a steep hill.

EXTERIOR DIMENSIONS (in.) Overall Height 73.2, Overall Width (includes sideview mirrors) 85.0, Overall Length (with rear tire carrier) 187.5, WHEELBASE 111.9, Overhang Front 31.6, Rear 44.0. Track Width Front 65.0, Rear 65.5.

GROUND CLEARANCE (in.) 33" TIRES 10.5, APPROACH ANGLE 33" TIRES 39.0º, DEPARTURE ANGLE NOTE 6 33" TIRES 36.3º BREAKOVER ANGLE 33" TIRES 23.7º.

PERFORMANCE 0–60 MPH: H3 Alpha 8.2 sec. TURNING CIRCLE: 37 ft. GRADE CAPABILITY: 60% SIDE SLOPE CAPABILITY: 40%
WATER FORDING DEPTH: 24 in.@ 5 mph; 16 in.@ 20 mph, VERTICAL SCALING HEIGHT: 16 in.
Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor vs Hummer H3 size comparison OR20080519_006601.JPG

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor vs Hummer H3 size comparison OR20080519_014301.JPG

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

no matter what you quote, I will always consider the H2 and H3 as the "off road" vehicle for the Mary Kay saleswoman, or the guy wearing white wraparound sunglasses and a sun visor hat, who don't know the difference between a front locker and a Brazilian wax.

TheJess

Badlands
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW Golf Sportwagen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol, I love all the H3 haters out there. I also had an H3 (and no, I don't sell Mary Kay, and yes, I did take it off-road, and to cool places like Assateague Island since I lived in Delaware at the time). In defense of my H3 purchase, I didn't like the Jeep Wrangler, had a GMAC F&F discount, and I was mad that the newer Xterra's had completely stripped down their options packages for the manual. Thanks OP @Cactus Jack for the side-by-side. It definitely feels higher than the H3 (your picture drives that point home) (Bronco Badlands non-SAS here); but definitely rides more like the H2 than the H3.

That said, here is my side-by-side between my Bronco Badlands and my first 4WD (RIP Suzuki Samurai):

Test2.png

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lol, I love all the H3 haters out there. I also had an H3 (and no, I don't sell Mary Kay, and yes, I did take it off-road, and to cool places like Assateague Island since I lived in Delaware at the time). In defense of my H3 purchase, I didn't like the Jeep Wrangler, had a GMAC F&F discount, and I was mad that the newer Xterra's had completely stripped down their options packages for the manual. Thanks OP @Cactus Jack for the side-by-side. It definitely feels higher than the H3 (your picture drives that point home) (Bronco Badlands non-SAS here); but definitely rides more like the H2 than the H3.

That said, here is my side-by-side between my Bronco Badlands and my first 4WD (RIP Suzuki Samurai):

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor vs Hummer H3 size comparison Test2
They need to bring those tiny Samurai back. Those things were awesome once modified and cheap to own.

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

comimg from the guy that drives a maverick….. a bronco sport with a truck bed lol
Unlike like some.... I can own more than one or two or three. As this is a pissing match now 😂

In addition to the Maverick that I waited 9 months for, I have a 05 M3 vert, 07 GSXR and soon to be if all goes well this Jan a 23 Base Sqwatch.

And hot pcs of A$$ blond with a rack that can hold a dosen towels to boot, that busts my .....🎱🎱 all the time so you know I am paying for it one way or another.

Sponsored

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First off to do a proper comparison one needs to know what an H3 really is and what it is capable of. Like them or hate them I don't care. I think that a correct comparison would be to a 4 door SAS Bronco. We all know by now what the Bronco is capable. If I had to choose one of the other it would be the new Bronco. The Raptor Bronco has the H3 well out classes. That said for your edification.

Motor Trend Nov 19, 2007

"And off-road it really shines. We powered over rocks and up inclines that seemed impossible to tread. Just throw it into low, lock the diff, and prepare to accomplish the unreasonable. There's 9.1 inches of ground clearance with max approach and departure angles of thirty-nine and thirty-seven degrees, respectively. This Alpha just digs in and goes, crossing the most formidable of impasses."

The H3 Alpha comes with a 5.3-liter small block V8 with 300 hp @ 5200 rpm (SAE) and 320 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm, with a towing capacity of 6,000 pounds. 0 to 60 in 8.3 seconds, quarter-mile run in 16.3 seconds at 87 miles-per-hour. Fuel Economy Ratings of 13 city/16 highway.

The H3 Alpha’s pushrod pairs with a four-speed automatic and feeds a full-time, two-speed, four-wheel drive system with brake traction control, a 4.10 rear differential which are cast iron, fully locking electronic front and rear differentials, 4.03:1 2-speed transfer case, 33-in. LT285/75R16C on-road/off-road tires.

The H3 Alpha comes with a Vortec 5.3L V8 engine cast-aluminum block and cylinder heads, Hydra-matic 4L60-E 4-speed automatic transmission, leather-appointed interior, heated front seats with 8-way power adjustment (including lumbar support), leather-wrapped steering wheel, in-dash 6-disc CD changer and premium 7-speaker Monsoon® sound system.

The H3 is a capable off-road vehicle. It had best-in-class approach and departure angles,* a 45.1:1 crawl ratio and full underbody protection with four skid plates. The locking rear differential is now complemented by an available front locking differential, bumping the crawl ratio up to a staggering 68.9:1. When the differentials are locked. Added Features like StabiliTrak Electronic Stability Control System, Hill Start Assist which helps prevent roll-back after stopping on a steep hill.

EXTERIOR DIMENSIONS (in.) Overall Height 73.2, Overall Width (includes sideview mirrors) 85.0, Overall Length (with rear tire carrier) 187.5, WHEELBASE 111.9, Overhang Front 31.6, Rear 44.0. Track Width Front 65.0, Rear 65.5.

GROUND CLEARANCE (in.) 33" TIRES 10.5, APPROACH ANGLE 33" TIRES 39.0º, DEPARTURE ANGLE NOTE 6 33" TIRES 36.3º BREAKOVER ANGLE 33" TIRES 23.7º.

PERFORMANCE 0–60 MPH: H3 Alpha 8.2 sec. TURNING CIRCLE: 37 ft. GRADE CAPABILITY: 60% SIDE SLOPE CAPABILITY: 40%
WATER FORDING DEPTH: 24 in.@ 5 mph; 16 in.@ 20 mph, VERTICAL SCALING HEIGHT: 16 in.

Then this must explain the reason we see so may on the trails

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Then this must explain the reason we see so may on the trails
Never really thought about it your right, dose not change it's capability though.

Had no idea how many were built. Thanks

"About 156,000 H3s and 2,700 H3Ts were sold, for a total of roughly 160,000 units.Jul 7, 2021"

MotorTrendhttps://www.motortrend.com › Features › Car Lists

Sewie

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 22 Bronco BL Sas 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Never really thought about it your right, dose not change it's capability though.

Had no idea how many were built. Thanks

"About 156,000 H3s and 2,700 H3Ts were sold, for a total of roughly 160,000 units.Jul 7, 2021"

MotorTrendhttps://www.motortrend.com › Features › Car Lists
my sincere apologies ok ok we get it H3 is the best yaaaay

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

my sincere apologies ok ok we get it H3 is the best yaaaay
It has nothing to do with the best it was a comparison between to 4 X 4.

"this is heresy I tell you the H3 is an embarrassment the Hummer line, at the most it should only be compared to a Bronco Sport. 😂 the other embarrassment"

You said Bronco Sport, I was trying to let other people who are not really familiar with the H3 know what it is capable of doing off road.

I get it yaaaay you dont like th H3, moving along.

We do possible have something we both like I ride a 2005 GXR 1000.
Sponsored