Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd be more interested in a diesel Jeep vs diesel Bronco. I'm over big amazing sounding V8s and more into early flat torque, efficiency and mileage.
I want nothing more. Cant justify the cost of a swap but I have contemplated it, even got my shopping list lol

OP
OP
broncoepic

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m really, really enjoying mine and glad I put in the order. I’ve had a lot of different vehicles and this one definitely makes me smile more than any I’ve had before. Is it perfect? Heck no. Is it a freakin riot, stupid fast, and exceptionally capable? Yes

Now if Ford would just ship BRaptors I’d be able to do a little comparison of my own. Our garage is waiting patiently!

I was personally hoping these videos would have some more actual comparisons. It’s almost as if the PR Team isn’t allowing real A vs B comparisons. It’s weird how these videos come close, and then nope…
IMHO, the only thing better than a J392 is a Jeep Hellcat/Demon. The sound of the supercharger is intoxicating. I'm jealous of the lucky few who got the golden ticket and are now waiting on their B Raptor. It'll be awesome to see them out in the wild and hopefully on the dirt.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

it was really shocking to see Toyota put the TTV6 in the Tundra, even with a Hybrid. They took a step back from the 5.7l V8 they'd been using for years. Yeah it's supposed to be more HP/Torque, but I think they could get better numbers with an updated V8 too/shrug.

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

EV become more carbon efficient in the first 1-2 years of road time. The break point varies depending on how big the battery is vs the fuel efficiency of the ICE vehicle. This accounts for the environmental impact of the mineral harvesting to create the battery.

The electrical grid and charging stations need more improvement to support millions of EV on the road, I don't think anyone is arguing that point.

States are already mandating EV vs ICE vehicles, and it is only going to get stricter over the next 15 years. In the next two decades you can expect to see 90% of cars being EV and only select performance/collector cars being ICE.

The Rivian is pretty bad ass already, I'm just not a fan of the looks.
California, and Gov Newsome actually just did that. If I remember correctly there is a 2023 deadline on some things, and a 10 year window remaining on all gasoline engines. The bill said in 10 years they're going to outlaw gas fully iirc

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
For most the Bronco is the better option. However, for the few that are primarily interested in serious rock crawling, there is no better platform than the Wrangler. For the even fewer that are primarily interested in serious high speed off-roading, I'd argue that there are better platforms than the Bronco Raptor.
I agree. With the type of wheeling I do in the area I live the Wrangler is the easy choice for a factory rig. Out west that would be a different story.

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Tell that to California that has passed a measure to make EV mandatory by 2035.

DesertEagle1776

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old-Timey Bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did I hear that right?? He said the Bronco top was quieter than the jeeps at 6:45. After all this time on B6g, I never thought that was possible. 😂

Sponsored

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Id love a big honkin V8 in my bronco...

but everything else about the jeep is so... cheap.
I think you need to sit in a jeep and crank on the handles, feel the materials then jump back in the Bronco with that statement and do the same. I have done pullups on my grab handle. dare you to try it. The seats in the bronco are more comfortable for sure. I hope they fix it in a redesign as well as put the dash from the Braptor in the standard bronco.

chaseshort24

Black Diamond
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 4runner, 1995 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not a big fan of BH, he and his buddies were flipping Broncos, Raptors, and other desirable vehicles at local dealerships so they could mark them as sold "custom orders", then the dealership purchased them back after the review so they could charge that ridiculous ADM even though they were technically 'used' vehicles. He was and is part of the problem when it comes to vehicle availability.
Yep,

Ben is the absolute worst, and his reviews are trash. IF you want to have some fun, search his name on any raptor or TRX forum, they can't stand the guy lol.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I might be in the minority, but I don’t consider having a better sounding engine to be a pro/con lmfao sounds silly to me

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Tell that to California that has passed a measure to make EV mandatory by 2035.
Fuck Commifornia.

Yep,
Ben is the absolute worst, and his reviews are trash. IF you want to have some fun, search his name on any raptor or TRX forum, they can't stand the guy lol.
I am not a fan of TFL. Their shit is lame and what they consider difficult, I consider barely unpaved.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
California, and Gov Newsome actually just did that. If I remember correctly there is a 2023 deadline on some things, and a 10 year window remaining on all gasoline engines. The bill said in 10 years they're going to outlaw gas fully iirc
Yep, I do not see how they will make this happen. California power grid can not fully support the electrical load they have now. Remember CA has rolling black outs. They have had to build temporary gas fired power plants to stop the rolling black out.

An electric car or truck takes more electric power to charge than a homes air conditioner does.
Sponsored