Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This just really exemplifies the Broncos extra qualities that Jeep can’t compare with. The Jeep is great for trail and rocks but it’s kind of a one trick pony that way. The Bronco can be like a street legal Baja runner and run like a side by side. Jeep can only stuff a big engine in there to do anything.

Still pretty awesome and great if not the best at what it does but the Bronco just really shows it’s versatility in off-roading with this Raptor.

Now we just need a Coyote V8 to get that sweet roar and instant torque and all Jeep will have left again is rocks 😂

Last edited:

Sponsored

JohnG

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 dr Basesquatch, 2022 2 dr Base 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can't wait to laugh at the first 392 Jeep I see on the road... Lol
How to make a Jeep an even more useless offroader... 🤷
Possibly the dumbest thing I’ve read here. Which is an impressive accomplishment.
So, more power, specifically a v8, is highly undesirable in your assessment? This type of fanboi nonsense is what ruins these forums. Please stop.

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really see these two vehicles filling two different niches. If I wanted the strongest and most powerful production vehicle for dedicated rock crawling, I will still get the Jeep over the Bronco Raptor. However, if I wanted a very fun vehicle for all-around running and going fast in the desert (or any type of wide dirt road), I would get the Bronco. They still each serve a purpose and do their own thing very well!

Last edited:

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

speak for yourself, Im impressed it got a Real American engine (V8, 392 no less) instead a Foreign-ish 3.0 V6 twin turbo

Sponsored

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I’m enjoying my 392 Xtreme Recon quite a bit. 37s are going on next week. Threw a 3.5” lift on it last week. It’s an AWD Charger in a straight line which is hilarious on the streets yet I can take the doors and roof off and take it to Moab if I want. Best of both worlds for me.

With that said, I am definitely eying the Bronco Raptor in 23’ or 24’. Gonna give them a year or two to work any potential kinks out, let the demand die down some and then I’ll probably buy one. I really want the painted modular top on whatever Bronco I buy too which is more reason for me to wait.

Unless you’ve driven a 392, you don’t really have any room to talk. It’s truly an amazing vehicle. And I’m planning on running quite a few trails with mine in the near future. Blind brand loyalty is hilarious 😂

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor vs Jeep 392 Comparison [TFL] D85A5A4F-CA39-4868-88A9-05B012225604

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Possibly the dumbest thing I’ve read here. Which is an impressive accomplishment.
So, more power, specifically a v8, is highly undesirable in your assessment? This type of fanboi nonsense is what ruins these forums. Please stop.
Haha! Yeah, man...
Put a boat anchor up front, Take away hundred of pounds of payload, reduce the driving range, cost of fuel/mpg...
Do you want me to go on??
I s'pose you're one of those "Bronco should of had a V8!" people??
Nonesense he says...
Yeah, like you have no sense. 🤷
Keep on trucking to that Costco with the wife and kids 👍🏻

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I’m enjoying my 392 Xtreme Recon quite a bit. 37s are going on next week. Threw a 3.5” lift on it last week. It’s an AWD Charger in a straight line which is hilarious on the streets yet I can take the doors and roof off and take it to Moab if I want. Best of both worlds for me.

With that said, I am definitely eying the Bronco Raptor in 23’ or 24’. Gonna give them a year or two to work any potential kinks out, let the demand die down some and then I’ll probably buy one. I really want the painted modular top on whatever Bronco I buy too which is more reason for me to wait.

Unless you’ve driven a 392, you don’t really have any room to talk. It’s truly an amazing vehicle. And I’m planning on running quite a few trails with mine in the near future. Blind brand loyalty is hilarious 😂

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor vs Jeep 392 Comparison [TFL] D85A5A4F-CA39-4868-88A9-05B012225604
Glad you're enjoying it... Killer Straight line speed is fun for sure, but like I said.... They didn't make it a better offroader by putting a hemi in it.
Cheers 🥂

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad you're enjoying it... Killer Straight line speed is fun for sure, but like I said.... They didn't make it a better offroader by putting a hemi in it.
Cheers 🥂
Lol. Yeah 470 pounds of TQ low in the RPM band is really undesirable off road 🤣 Especially turning 37s or larger. You know not what you speak of. There are a TON of highly built Jeep JKs and JLs on 40s with one ton axles and…drumroll please…a V8. Wonder why that is 🤷‍♂️

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol. Yeah 470 pounds of TQ low in the RPM band is really undesirable off road 🤣 Especially turning 37s or larger. You know not what you speak of. There are a TON of highly built Jeep JKs and JLs on 40s with one ton axles and…drumroll please…a V8. Wonder why that is 🤷‍♂️
Please re-read my comment. Lol
Jeep doesn't build a V8 offroader with 1 ton axles on 40's.
And I've seen plenty of U joint and axle damage on Jeeps with Pentastar motors. But that's likely just the driver 🤷
Like I said... Jeep didn't improve the Wrangle offroad by putting a hemi in it.
I think my neighbour would love the 392. He could trade in his Sahara with 3" wheel spacers and A/S tires with a "offroad and chill" windshield banner
Seriously though...
It would also probably be cheaper to build your own V8 swapped Jeep than to buy a new 392.
If you wanna build a huge rock monster, maybe the hemi would be a good start...? But the OP vid is comparing a showroom floor Raptor and 392. Raptor all day long 🤷
Sponsored