First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Link me because according to true car there is 1 392XR for sale in the whole usa under msrp

and you can go back and look at orders around here.
yes there is SCUM dealers charging ADM. but most arnt. Call around.
This is the link from the TRX forum. Reach out to them for under MSRP pricing on the 392.
[email protected]
Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Link me because according to true car there is 1 392XR for sale in the whole usa under msrp

and you can go back and look at orders around here.
yes there is SCUM dealers charging ADM. but most arnt. Call around.
Here is a screen shot of their deals.

0ABA8F75-B2D2-4990-B095-5FFEF819544B.jpeg

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here is a screen shot of their deals.

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor vs Jeep 392 Comparison [TFL] 0ABA8F75-B2D2-4990-B095-5FFEF819544B
Oook now i see. I agree with that 100% many ford dealers are doing the same with broncos to try to get customers to order their bronco threw them vs another dealer

thats why i laugh at people complaining about bronco prices. Because they dont shop

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oook now i see. I agree with that 100% many ford dealers are doing the same with broncos to try to get customers to order their bronco threw them vs another dealer

thats why i laugh at people complaining about bronco prices. Because they dont shop
People that have ordered through them using this program, and have already taken delivery, are reporting that the price they quote is the price you pay. No games.

Captain Howdy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What the Bronco Raptor has thats better than the Wrangler 392 Recon
$70,000 vs $82,000
Turbos vs N/A
Rear dana 50 with 4.70 vs Dana 44 with 4.56
Active fox shocks vs standard fox shocks
73” track width vs 64”
37” tires vs 34.4”

what the wrangler has better
~10% more stock LBFT. (Est)
lower low range gearing
3.06 vs 4.00

What would you rather have?
That's some pair of rose colored glasses you've got there. Since I don't own a pair, here's a clearer viewpoint...

For $80,685 one can own a 392 Rubicon XR which is a fully loaded model with some additional mopar factory parts included. For $69,995 one can own a stripped down Bronco Raptor. Once a comparable amount of bells and whistles are added, that price will certainly soar to a comparable price.

Whether forced induction or naturally aspirated, it's just different means to the same end. So why mention it without any follow through?

The Dana 50 only has a bit more than a 1/2" more ring gear diameter than the 44, and just like tire diameter, only half of that measurement serves as an advantage to increased carrier leverage strength. The shorter the gear ratio gets, the larger the ring gear needs to be in order to maintain as big of a diameter pinion gear as possible, which maximizes contact area in the mesh. The axle tube wall thickness is 9mm thicker, but more strength could've been gained by maintaining the wall thickness of the 44 and increasing the outer diameter. These small advantages of the 50 over the 44 are negated by the lengthened axle tubes, the extra several hundred pounds of vehicle weight, and the taller transfer case gearing.

It's a shame that they apparently didn't do anything to address current issues with both tops, and more importantly the lackluster "fix" to the major steering weakness at normal Bronco ride height with 35's. Yeah, they beefed up the tie rods a bit, but they also increased the operating angle which is the co-contributor to the rods bending at the adjuster threads. Not to mention the increased leverage forces from the taller tires. The bronc buster has clearly shown that failure still happens, due in part by too much operating angle, and it had much stronger tie rod assemblies than those on the Raptor Bronco. A tie rod will only ever be at its strongest when perpendicular to the tires. If anything, they introduced another question mark by rubber mounting the steering rack as an attempt to help with the axle articulation that is hindered by ifs.

I will give them credit for finally giving structural integrity the nod over backseat passengers "needing an unimpeded view of the clouds", with their addition of a cross support for the sports cage. Perfect example of all the back peddling, that it all of a sudden "isn't in the way" and "doesn't block the view a noticeable amount".

Reactions: csj

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's some pair of rose colored glasses you've got there. Since I don't own a pair, here's a clearer viewpoint...

For $80,685 one can own a 392 Rubicon XR which is a fully loaded model with some additional mopar factory parts included. For $69,995 one can own a stripped down Bronco Raptor. Once a comparable amount of bells and whistles are added, that price will certainly soar to a comparable price.

Whether forced induction or naturally aspirated, it's just different means to the same end. So why mention it without any follow through?

The Dana 50 only has a bit more than a 1/2" more ring gear diameter than the 44, and just like tire diameter, only half of that measurement serves as an advantage to increased carrier leverage strength. The shorter the gear ratio gets, the larger the ring gear needs to be in order to maintain as big of a diameter pinion gear as possible, which maximizes contact area in the mesh. The axle tube wall thickness is 9mm thicker, but more strength could've been gained by maintaining the wall thickness of the 44 and increasing the outer diameter. These small advantages of the 50 over the 44 are negated by the lengthened axle tubes, the extra several hundred pounds of vehicle weight, and the taller transfer case gearing.

It's a shame that they apparently didn't do anything to address current issues with both tops, and more importantly the lackluster "fix" to the major steering weakness at normal Bronco ride height with 35's. Yeah, they beefed up the tie rods a bit, but they also increased the operating angle which is the co-contributor to the rods bending at the adjuster threads. Not to mention the increased leverage forces from the taller tires. The bronc buster has clearly shown that failure still happens, due in part by too much operating angle, and it had much stronger tie rod assemblies than those on the Raptor Bronco. A tie rod will only ever be at its strongest when perpendicular to the tires. If anything, they introduced another question mark by rubber mounting the steering rack as an attempt to help with the axle articulation that is hindered by ifs.

I will give them credit for finally giving structural integrity the nod over backseat passengers "needing an unimpeded view of the clouds", with their addition of a cross support for the sports cage. Perfect example of all the back peddling, that it all of a sudden "isn't in the way" and "doesn't block the view a noticeable amount".
1 $82,000 is 392 with Recon, Roof liner, front camera and mirror kit. Thats it.
$69,995 is the base bronco, but whats base about it.? Look at the base wild track. Front camera standard. 8” screen. (Same as wrangler) head liner standard (on hard top) premium seats. The only thing i can think of is MAYBE trail camera. (Which is a $1,500 option WITH lux package) which if included is only $71,500 and that includes ford 360+ and the 10” screen. What am i missing? Thats still $10,000+ of a price difference!

and Turbo is better than N/A for 3 major reasons. 1 E85 increases power a lot more on turbo motors vs n/A. ~10% vs 3% more. 2 far better at elevation. 3 way easier to get more power from bolt ons or simple swaps.

And you might say dana 50 isnt that big of a difference vs 44. But the number of axel swapped jeeps i see validates my reasons. People care.

Both tops are getting worked on but theres a supply issue.

raptor has a beafier front end so we shall see if any issues. And lets be real here not many will go to hardcore off roading in this. Its very wide. Tougher to navigate trails. Better suited for what most do. Baja through deserts beaches and farm fields.

Captain Howdy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1 $82,000 is 392 with Recon, Roof liner, front camera and mirror kit. Thats it.
$69,995 is the base bronco, but whats base about it.? Look at the base wild track. Front camera standard. 8” screen. (Same as wrangler) head liner standard (on hard top) premium seats. The only thing i can think of is MAYBE trail camera. (Which is a $1,500 option WITH lux package) which if included is only $71,500 and that includes ford 360+ and the 10” screen. What am i missing? Thats still $10,000+ of a price difference!

and Turbo is better than N/A for 3 major reasons. 1 E85 increases power a lot more on turbo motors vs n/A. ~10% vs 3% more. 2 far better at elevation. 3 way easier to get more power from bolt ons or simple swaps.

And you might say dana 50 isnt that big of a difference vs 44. But the number of axel swapped jeeps i see validates my reasons. People care.

Both tops are getting worked on but theres a supply issue.

raptor has a beafier front end so we shall see if any issues. And lets be real here not many will go to hardcore off roading in this. Its very wide. Tougher to navigate trails. Better suited for what most do. Baja through deserts beaches and farm fields.
Yeah, those are the only things left to add to a 392 XR because it's already fully loaded with every other option as standard. Hence why there's not much to scroll through on the build it section of the Jeep site.

And I agree about turbos. I opted for the 2.0 turbo over the 3.6 because it has a distinct low and mid range torque advantage that is felt even at sea level.

I wish both manufacturers would give us customers something more than half baked solutions that don't fully support having larger tires directly from the factory.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
But there are things on the jeep you cant get that you can on the bronco like a 10” screen or driving modes etc. hence why theres likely more options.

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Well, I’m enjoying my 392 Xtreme Recon quite a bit. 37s are going on next week. Threw a 3.5” lift on it last week. It’s an AWD Charger in a straight line which is hilarious on the streets yet I can take the doors and roof off and take it to Moab if I want. Best of both worlds for me.

With that said, I am definitely eying the Bronco Raptor in 23’ or 24’. Gonna give them a year or two to work any potential kinks out, let the demand die down some and then I’ll probably buy one. I really want the painted modular top on whatever Bronco I buy too which is more reason for me to wait.

Unless you’ve driven a 392, you don’t really have any room to talk. It’s truly an amazing vehicle. And I’m planning on running quite a few trails with mine in the near future. Blind brand loyalty is hilarious 😂

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor vs Jeep 392 Comparison [TFL] 0ABA8F75-B2D2-4990-B095-5FFEF819544B

The hemi is heavier but it's a simpler natually asperated engine, in 200k miles it should still be running strong while the bronco will on its third set of turbo's. I like the engine on my Gen1 Raptor 185k and running strong.....
Sponsored