Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does it come in 2dr, does it come in manual?

If no for the latter, I'll just OEM+
Sponsored

RubyRuin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was hoping to see more of a Wide Body Fender Flare, like Raptor, and less Plastic flare sticking out. I already think Sasquatch flares are too big, these look HUGE!
Kinda of liking the dual outlet exhaust.
Shocks are most likely the Fox LiveWire from Raptor as well.
The biggest problem with the "integrated" flares like F-150 Raptor is that its' flares are "contained" to the front fender and rear bed side. Bronco has the back edge of the rear doors that interact immediately with the wheel well/flare area, which makes it nearly impossible to add an appropriately sized flare with a good look, as they're not going to make a completely separate door design just for this model, and just tacking on a piece of plastic on the doors wouldn't look good either. That's why we end up with the wider and wider "flat" flares.

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looks pretty awesome! Would love it if it came in two door with 4 door dimensions.

My secret evil plan is to wait until this comes out in a couple years and then buy a gently used badlands at a discount from one of you suckers when you upgrade to this beast:devilish:

Sticky_Black_Ice

First Edition
First Name
SM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
maybe im alone here, but I don’t think those are the intended tires (wheels)..? Personally, I think the stance is odd looking. all the “oh’s” and “ah’s” are killing me... too much space there, and no doubt it will be filled with way more rubber. My three cents

Sponsored

guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Filled
maybe im alone here, but I don’t think those are the intended tires (wheels)..? Personally, I think the stance is odd looking. all the “oh’s” and “ah’s” are killing me... too much space there, and no doubt it will be filled with way more rubber. My three cents
Fill it with rubber??? And ruin all that beautiful up travel????? No thank you sir

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have to think Ford REALLY doesn't want these pics coming out. I cant imagine this is doing anything but hurting sales of the regular Bronco right now. People seeing this, getting sick of waiting and saying "screw it, im just gonna wait for the Bronco Raptor". Gotta figure all the people opting for either the Badlands, Wildtrak or First Edition trims would be tempted to just wait for this Raptor version.

Ford better get B&P out ASAP to keep up the enthusiasm. I think they may be losing sales already at this point.

Just my opinion.
Or maybe a way to trim reservations since they got more than expected, perhaps a way to deliver MY21 Bronco's in 2021, instead of drifting in to 2022. Then the Warthog crew lines up for MY23.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Can somebody explain what is meant here? The statement is this vehicle appears to have a more rugged and capable chassis, implying it is more than the current Bronco offerings. OK, duh, I get this.

Here is where I am scratching me head, and if somebody can lead me to the light, thank you... "more rugged and more capable chassis, even compared to the range-topping Wildtrak Bronco model."

This statement implies the Wildtrak is special. However, I cannot figure out what is special about the Wildtrak, that I could not get on any other model with SAS and Mid and a Fancy top. If anything a BL with SAS and MID would be far a far more capable vehicle. A better deal is the OB with SAS. I have a Wildtrak reserved, but since the moment I sent my $100 I have been trying to figure out why they Wildtrak is special. The only thing I can figure is the cloth seats standard.

Not trying to start anything, peace on Earth and please lead me to the light!
More rugged to handle Raptor jumping, and a few beers.

Last edited:

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am not sure about your conclusions when no one has seen it .... unless you work for ford.

The biggest problem with the "integrated" flares like F-150 Raptor is that its' flares are "contained" to the front fender and rear bed side. Bronco has the back edge of the rear doors that interact immediately with the wheel well/flare area, which makes it nearly impossible to add an appropriately sized flare with a good look, as they're not going to make a completely separate door design just for this model, and just tacking on a piece of plastic on the doors wouldn't look good either. That's why we end up with the wider and wider "flat" flares.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Because they don’t do that now with the current raptor.

How do we know this is raptor and not just aftermarket parts that ford will offer like a performance pack with tune and exhaust etc..

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It will not be anywhere near 80k. Think about it has to be less than the raptor and the raptor is no where near 80k

Cancel your reservation, and wait a year. Definitely do that...

Honestly, my Badlands build is almost 60k. Given what Raptors price out at, I don't see a Warthog being less than 80k anyway. I don't think I want to move up the price range that far. I'll be very happy with my rig, and I'll buy whatever Warthog toys I want, and add them to my Badsquatch. Really, I'm not even going to be pushing my bronco to the limits. I don't need a more capable suspension.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I disagree. It will not hurt sales of the current bronco. Have your read most of the post here? Most people are nick picking about why do I need to pay for that? And is the Sasquatch package worth 2500? Blah blah blah

My point is that most here can barely afford the bronco so therefore the raptor bronco is way out of their price range.

The few guys that can afford the raptor bronco will buy the reg bronco anyway and give it to their wives and buy the raptor bronco for themselves when it is available.

And that’s me. I plan to get both. Life is short so enjoy it while it last.

?

I have to think Ford REALLY doesn't want these pics coming out. I cant imagine this is doing anything but hurting sales of the regular Bronco right now. People seeing this, getting sick of waiting and saying "screw it, im just gonna wait for the Bronco Raptor". Gotta figure all the people opting for either the Badlands, Wildtrak or First Edition trims would be tempted to just wait for this Raptor version.

Ford better get B&P out ASAP to keep up the enthusiasm. I think they may be losing sales already at this point.

Just my opinion.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am not sure about your conclusions when no one has seen it .... unless you work for ford.
I don't need to work for Ford to logically think about it. I also come from a design and product development background. Looking at Raptor again - you think the fender flares magically end on the front quarter panel-fender/in front of the front door just because? Or for design? No. They do that so they can use the same cab and doors as the normal F-150. They're not going to develop a new door skin just for one trim of a product. The back flare has more leeway as it can take up as much of the bed side as they want.

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor / Warthog Prototype Spied Testing in Michigan! 1599707144088

Now let's take that logic and look at Bronco. The front fender flare could be handled the same way as Raptor - the "flat" metal panel and the plastic one could be replaced with a bulging fender fender assembly that terminates just before the door - that I agree with. You MIGHT be able to barely get away with it on the 2 door rear quarter panel, but it'd have the same interaction with the door - terminating where the door ends, as again, they're not developing a new door for this.
Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor / Warthog Prototype Spied Testing in Michigan! 1599707337734

Now lets look at the 4 door - here's where the real problems lie. As with the 2 door, it's possible that they could do a Raptor-style bulging FRONT fender that terminates before the door.
But then you go to the rear door, which cuts into the wheel well opening. Taking the Raptor approach would be impossible without designing a completely new door skin, as you're not going to have a bulging fender 3/4 of the way and then just stop at the door, with an awkward flat piece/flare where the door goes. The only alternative to this problem would be attaching a plastic piece to the door to continue the bulging flare of the quarter panel, and that just wouldn't look right unless the flares too were just of the "added on" variety.
Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor / Warthog Prototype Spied Testing in Michigan! 1599707360841

I hope I'm getting my point across better with images, otherwise I'll have to mock something up in photoshop.
Sponsored

Last edited: