First Name
Lucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Twin Turbo Black Label MKX, Harley Davidson StreetBob
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How do we know this is raptor and not just aftermarket parts that ford will offer like a performance pack with tune and exhaust etc..
Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor / Warthog Prototype Spied Testing in Michigan! 1599677376873
Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have to think Ford REALLY doesn't want these pics coming out. I cant imagine this is doing anything but hurting sales of the regular Bronco right now. People seeing this, getting sick of waiting and saying "screw it, im just gonna wait for the Bronco Raptor". Gotta figure all the people opting for either the Badlands, Wildtrak or First Edition trims would be tempted to just wait for this Raptor version.

Ford better get B&P out ASAP to keep up the enthusiasm. I think they may be losing sales already at this point.

Just my opinion.
There isn't enough information about the raptor to justify making/changing a decision on a 2021 bronco. Nothing is verified, only rumors and speculation. The only concrete info is time. Do you want a bronco in 2021 or can you afford to wait 2+more years for a potentially better option? If it's auto and 4 door only, it's not a better option for me and many others that are fans of 2 doors and or manual transmissions

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not clear what suspension upgrades are in place, but the Bronco Raptor is definitely expected to feature a more rugged and more capable chassis, even compared to the range-topping Wildtrak Bronco model.
Can somebody explain what is meant here? The statement is this vehicle appears to have a more rugged and capable chassis, implying it is more than the current Bronco offerings. OK, duh, I get this.

Here is where I am scratching me head, and if somebody can lead me to the light, thank you... "more rugged and more capable chassis, even compared to the range-topping Wildtrak Bronco model."

This statement implies the Wildtrak is special. However, I cannot figure out what is special about the Wildtrak, that I could not get on any other model with SAS and Mid and a Fancy top. If anything a BL with SAS and MID would be far a far more capable vehicle. A better deal is the OB with SAS. I have a Wildtrak reserved, but since the moment I sent my $100 I have been trying to figure out why they Wildtrak is special. The only thing I can figure is the cloth seats standard.

Not trying to start anything, peace on Earth and please lead me to the light!

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This whole thing is just the highboy suspension for the heavy camper top. What are they hiding up there?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

SuckItMcGee

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB, 2020 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can't comment on your other questions, but wanted to ask what you meant by this:

A better deal is the OB with SAS.
If you are saying that the OB with SAS is a better deal than the Wildtrak, I would disagree. A 2-dr OB with 2.7 + SAS + Mod Hardtop is $800 more than the standard Wildtrak and matches it exactly equipment-wise. Not sure about 4-dr though.

Or if you are comparing the OB w/ SAS with a BL w/ SAS, then essentially you are paying $2k more for the BL to get all of the armor & steel bumpers.

Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have to think Ford REALLY doesn't want these pics coming out. I cant imagine this is doing anything but hurting sales of the regular Bronco right now. People seeing this, getting sick of waiting and saying "screw it, im just gonna wait for the Bronco Raptor". Gotta figure all the people opting for either the Badlands, Wildtrak or First Edition trims would be tempted to just wait for this Raptor version.

Ford better get B&P out ASAP to keep up the enthusiasm. I think they may be losing sales already at this point.

Just my opinion.
You´re right. There are already people bailing out. You can only get excited for so long before you decide to just go with something else. We´ve already seen that happen. I´ll try to hold out, but end of 2021 is a long time to wait. right now you have some pretty cool electric vehicle offerings, some new jeep offerings, etc etc. Buying a car isnt an easy decisions anymore...not to mention all the choices Ford gave us on the Bronco...lol

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The Gen3 Raptor will come a V8 supercharged and this:

a Twin-Turbocharged 3.0L V6 gas engine with an all-new electric powertrain to deliver 494 horsepower and 630 lb.-ft. of torque.

The above specs are from the Lincoln Aviator. The 3.5 is getting old and Ford will retire it after the Gen2 Raptor is done.
If it will be a plug in hybrid, will the full power ratings last as long as a full tank of gas or would it be expected for the Raptor to run on derated (3.0tt only) power For longer trips?

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First thought, buyer's remorse.

Second thought, no need for extended warranty on my '21!

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You´re right. There are already people bailing out. You can only get excited for so long before you decide to just go with something else. We´ve already seen that happen. I´ll try to hold out, but end of 2021 is a long time to wait. right now you have some pretty cool electric vehicle offerings, some new jeep offerings, etc etc. Buying a car isnt an easy decisions anymore...not to mention all the choices Ford gave us on the Bronco...lol
Right there with you..

Sponsored

ndegnan1992

Big Bend
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks awesome, but I can rest assured that it will be out of my price range lol. Still getting my Bronco.

Moze

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This may sounds stupid, but as much as I like the thought of better base components and more power, I love the was the Bronco looks. So, the idea of them flaring out the sheet metal, front-ending it with a giant FORD grill and plastering it with big Raptor graphics everywhere makes it... less.

Maybe if they call it something else... keep it in theme and a Iittle more subtle? (I know: not the point.)

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

We just caught the upcoming Ford Bronco Raptor ("Warthog") undergoing testing on the streets of Michigan!

The Bronco Raptor prototype shows off its higher ground clearance, wider wheel arches, and a wider, more aggressive stance. The significant amount of thick camouflage covers up the majority of the vehicle, but the camo can only do so much to disguise what are clearly wider flares.

The prototype rides on a set of BF Goodrich AT All Terrain T/A tires, though we can't quite make out the size (it appears to be a 17inch rim). Out back, a single-exit, dual-tip exhaust is located on the driver’s side.

It's not clear what suspension upgrades are in place, but the Bronco Raptor is definitely expected to feature a more rugged and more capable chassis, even compared to the range-topping Wildtrak Bronco model.

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor / Warthog Prototype Spied Testing in Michigan! 1599680852196
Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor / Warthog Prototype Spied Testing in Michigan! 1599680852196
Beefed up rear suspension and dual exhaust.

C2C1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How many people are canceling their Reservations and waiting for this now???
Considering it. I love the look of the R so if they can bring that to the Warthog I may do just that. Obviously could go aftermarket but rather have an OEM package when it comes to body panels. Will wait til B&P is up then make a decision.
Sponsored