First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
yes, but who is going to be driving in super long trips with the Raptor? I guess the better question is who is buying the Raptor to be a primary vehicle? My Bronco (unlikely to be a raptor) will be my fun car...
Me three
Sponsored

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
yes, but who is going to be driving in super long trips with the Raptor? I guess the better question is who is buying the Raptor to be a primary vehicle? My Bronco (unlikely to be a raptor) will be my fun car...
If it was a super long highway trip range is less important and thus MPG and tank size is less important, in those cases it's just about money and convenience.

My issue is that if I go on a 3-4 day trip in the desert where we pop out to fill maybe once a day I'm now going to need to ensure I have another 50 or so miles of fuel on board to match the rest of the vehicles.

When we go to Baja we may gas up one morning and not see another fuel spot until the middle of the next day, same thing in Nevada.

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it was a super long highway trip range is less important and thus MPG and tank size is less important, in those cases it's just about money and convenience.

My issue is that if I go on a 3-4 day trip in the desert where we pop out to fill maybe once a day I'm now going to need to ensure I have another 50 or so miles of fuel on board to match the rest of the vehicles.

When we go to Baja we may gas up one morning and not see another fuel spot until the middle of the next day, same thing in Nevada.
understood...would you really need the Raptor or could you do fine in one of the other models? Wildtrak?

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will be but I dont care about MPG.
Then it's a non issue. I have a Yukon Denali...it gets the same mileage as the Raptor....maybe even worse. I can't say that I care too much about mileage, but going forward, simply do not need a vehicle that does this poorly. Heck, even 17 mpg will seem like a lot more...

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
understood...would you really need the Raptor or could you do fine in one of the other models? Wildtrak?
I was looking at the Badlands originally but the suspension isn't designed for Baja/Nevada it is designed for Rock Crawling, same with the Wildtrak. The longer wheel travel on the Raptor is key to take whoops at any sort of speed.

Sponsored

onthelookout

Raptor
First Name
C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I guess the better question is who is buying the Raptor to be a primary vehicle? My Bronco (unlikely to be a raptor) will be my fun car...
Count me as the fourth. Pretty sure my current daily averages around 13-15 MPG (the NA engine begs for a heavy foot, although rated at 19 MPG), so not sure how much of a change it will really be.

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Me 100%

this isn’t a stiff sports car. It’s a suv with a comfortable suspension that I can use year round thru rain, shine, snow, earth quakes and apocalypses.

why and how is this not the perfect daily (asides from mpg)?

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Me 100%

this isn’t a stiff sports car. It’s a suv with a comfortable suspension that I can use year round thru rain, shine, snow, earth quakes and apocalypses.

I live in DC but was born and raised in Houston. I’ll make that trip atleast once in the raptor.

Sponsored

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was looking at the Badlands originally but the suspension isn't designed for Baja/Nevada it is designed for Rock Crawling, same with the Wildtrak. The longer wheel travel on the Raptor is key to take whoops at any sort of speed.
Actually, the WT is a smaller version of the raptor...it doesn't have the rock crawl mode...it also has the hoss 3.0 (raptor I assume is 4.0). A 4 door also has a decent enough wheelbase. The issue isn't the pricing, although the 9 inch wider raptor may not fit in my garage...lol. Do I really need all the extra HP and torque? Nah...does the mileage really matter 'that' much? No...but, it'll likely be like 13 vs. 17 and in the long run, I have to justify getting a raptor if the wildtrak or badlands will suit my needs.

I'm now really torn between the WT and the BL...I love the idea of rubber mats and the ability to wash out the floors, crawl mode is kinda cool although how often will I really use it...carpets in a bronco/jeep just don't seem to be the right way to go...

With WT, I get the hoss 3.0, sport mode...
With the BL, I get the sway bar disconnect, rubber mats, plugs to wash the floor...

Victoryengineer

Raptor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kubota 7040, Polaris 570, Victory MC, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Looks like the right choice for you. Not that you are giving any limitations on the Braptor, but all too often the consensus is that the Raptor is only good for high speed desert wheeling. That longer wheel travel you mention will surely be a benefit in my Northern Michigan/Ontario adventures as well. It makes it more capable on the rocks and in the ruts.

As far as the big mileage crisis goes.....meh, plenty of us wheeled in the 70's-90's in vehicles that might get 10-12 miles per gallon. Go figure:rolleyes:

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Me 100%

My Rivian will be the daily....this will be the fun vehicle...then again, the Rivian is quite capable with everything, anyway.

I want the Bronco to use as a fun convertible with off-road use...

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like the right choice for you. Not that you are giving any limitations on the Braptor, but all too often the consensus is that the Raptor is only good for high speed desert wheeling. That longer wheel travel you mention will surely be a benefit in my Northern Michigan/Ontario adventures as well. It makes it more capable on the rocks and in the ruts.

As far as the big mileage crisis goes.....meh, plenty of us wheeled in the 70's-90's in vehicles that might get 10-12 miles per gallon. Go figure:rolleyes:
10-12 mpg at 2.00 a gallon is quite different than 7.00 a gallon.

I really want the wash out floors that the badlands provides, but I like the hoss 3.0 of the WT or 4.0 of the raptor.
Sponsored