Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s not going to get better anytime soon. In my 45 years I’ve never seen such incompetence in our government.
You were alive in the 70's per your age, but I'll admit you were young.
Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
yes, but who is going to be driving in super long trips with the Raptor? I guess the better question is who is buying the Raptor to be a primary vehicle? My Bronco (unlikely to be a raptor) will be my fun car...
Me. I'll be driving it to Northern MI to go wheeling on Drummand Island. I'll be driving it to Moab. It will be my primary vehicle. My fun car is my Grand Sport or one of my Harley's.

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think we are blowing the 1970’s out of the water.
My understanding of quote is gas issues. We haven't been waiting for hours to fill up, at least in the Midwest yet. Our price is also still cheaper on an inflation basis but likely will surpass this sunmer.

Victoryengineer

Raptor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kubota 7040, Polaris 570, Victory MC, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
10-12 mpg at 2.00 a gallon is quite different than 7.00 a gallon.
I would think if somebody can afford a 75k-80k unnecessary luxury vehicle, they can afford to pay for the gas as well. Otherwise there are plenty of lower priced economical choices.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will be but I dont care about MPG.
You would if you were racing the damn thing. Range is important, so while MPG is not really important, range is a function of capacity x mpg.... without more capacity, it's unacceptable - Trust me, with a 2 door and getting as low as 13 MPG initially (17 typical with 33's), it was a pain in the ass. Getting 23 MPG, the range is far more acceptable!

13 MPG = 208 Mile Range
17 MPG = 272 Mile Range
23 MPG = 368 Mile Range

Prior to making the changes needed to get 23 MPG, I was seriously considering adding an auxiliary 10 gallon tank (but I don't need a 600 mile range at 23 MPG).

stumpm2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Bronco, 2012 F350, 2019 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You would if you were racing the damn thing. Range is important, so while MPG is not really important, range is a function of capacity x mpg.... without more capacity, it's unacceptable - Trust me, with a 2 door and getting as low as 13 MPG initially (17 typical with 33's), it was a pain in the ass. Getting 23 MPG, the range is far more acceptable!

13 MPG = 208 Mile Range
17 MPG = 272 Mile Range
23 MPG = 368 Mile Range

Prior to making the changes needed to get 23 MPG, I was seriously considering adding an auxiliary 10 gallon tank (but I don't need a 600 mile range at 23 MPG).
Has the fuel tank size been verified on the Raptor? I do not see it called out anywhere.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

13 MPG = 208 Mile Range
17 MPG = 272 Mile Range
23 MPG = 368 Mile Range

I use to have a race operation, but I get your point specially off-road. I can drain a full tank of gas in my street car 17 mustang in about six 20 min sessions on track as it will average around 8 mpg.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has the fuel tank size been verified on the Raptor? I do not see it called out anywhere.
On the technical specifications sheet, it says: 21.2 Gallons x 15 MPG = 318 miles.

And OMG!!! It doesn't have ECO mode!!!! LMFAO.

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

21.2 is the current advertised capacity.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Meh, my Wrangler gets between 13.5-15 on 34’s so what’s 15 on 37’s. Do we really expect Raptor to get better or the same mileage as Badlands?

Sacrilege I know, but one could drop down to 35’s and squeeze another mpg or two out of it.

If anything, Broncos in general get worse mileage than Wranglers (392 aside). I am guessing it is in the differential gearing. But hey, we’re geared for bigger tires out of the factory.

It is what it is.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Before I planned on having a 5 gallon dump can as an optional "just in case" now it's probably going to be a mandatory addition. An auxiliary tank may be a decent solution depending on the mounting options.

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We can paint this any way we want. Sure, spending 80k on a vehicle means someone doesn't care about the mileage...sure, but it's still a waste...lol...

The Raptor's intimidating size and power is impressive. Sure, I could get one...but, besides having one and having people 'check it out', I'm not going to be running it off-road all too much.

With that being said, I'd go Badlands, but are the components too weak for the vehicle? Sure wish they offered the hoss 3.0 with the BL...

The WT has the 3.0 but no sway bar disconnect...no rubber mats and drain plugs...no MGV....

I'm STUCK! Give me the hoss with the BL and I'm in....give me tube doors and soft top with the Raptor and I'd still consider it.

So many options...too many options...sigh...

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Before I planned on having a 5 gallon dump can as an optional "just in case" now it's probably going to be a mandatory addition. An auxiliary tank may be a decent solution depending on the mounting options.
With the Flowmaster High Clearance Axle Back exhaust, there is plenty of room for a 10 gallon auxiliary tank where the muffler used to be. If I did go that route, I would want a foam filled tank that had some other protection to prevent possible punctures or breaches.

Deleted member 35121

I am choosing to ignore this thread as I couldn't care less about mpg!
More People Griping
Sponsored