Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you hurt your arm trying to pat yourself on the back 😆
It does seem so incredibly capable off road, what would it be like around town. Although Sasquatch owners say that their vehicles are amazingly comfortable and nice to drive on the highway.
Sponsored

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The range is more important stopping every five minutes for gas gets old, still on the fence as to daily driver or weekend warrior.
you are 100% correct, I made the mistake of buying a super duty gas, crew w/reg size bed. Comes with 32 or 34(can’t remember). It got 12 mpg and I had to stop all the time. I assumed the tank would be bigger then my F150 I traded, F150 had 36/38 gallon tank. I usually check the gas tank size but didn’t think about it. Never again, always get the bigger tank. It’s kinda dumb you can’t get the larger tank in a gas super duty crew with the reg bed, not like there’s not room...you have to get long bed.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Most of the reservations that were converted to a Raptor are very early reservation holders. Please let this rumor die.
The window sticker in question was from a walk in order. It's true Ford threw a bone to some early reservation holders but plenty of walk in's will get Raptors for the right price or through the right friends. Bet Ford doesn't allow a Raptor to touch Dirt Mountain either.

Victoryengineer

Raptor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kubota 7040, Polaris 570, Victory MC, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The window sticker in question was from a walk in order. It's true Ford threw a bone to some early reservation holders but plenty of walk in's will get Raptors for the right price or through the right friends. Bet Ford doesn't allow a Raptor to touch Dirt Mountain either.
Although it isn't fair at all to those that are serving time at the Mountain, I agree Ford likely won't send a single Raptor there. I don't think they will even produce any customers BRaptors unless they have everything to complete them. Limited run.....limited production. Plus I don't think Ford want's to see the headlines, "Ford's Flagship iteration of the Bronco, the Bronco Raptor, joins it's siblings in a holding pattern waiting on elusive computer chips".

Last edited:

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there a Badlands option that goes up to $68k? My 4 door Badlands with 2.7 AT, Sasquatch, Lux and Tow was $58,000 on the dot.
I keep building on the Ford site and they keep changing the prices and items you can pair together....my badlands build is 68k at this time...my WT is 70k....outerbanks, is 66k

Sponsored

Victoryengineer

Raptor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kubota 7040, Polaris 570, Victory MC, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My 360 V-8 CJ gets 9 miles per gallon, so it could be worse.

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor window stickers now appearing. Reveals 15 MPG Screenshot_20220522-204026_Gallery
Exactly what I was thinking. Any old school V8 in one of these would get way worse mileage. Nice CJ BTW. Are those fiberglass front fenders?

computertom

Raptor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'80 911SC, '22 Raptor, & '22 R1T
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The Raptor is very similar to the setup of the Wrangler Rubicon 392 and is rated 13 mpg in the city, 17 mpg on the highway, and 14 mpg combined.
On a heavy vehicle, you don't make lots of power, with a lot of mass to move with those big tires and get good gas mileage.
Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor window stickers now appearing. Reveals 15 MPG 3E6BB649-E45C-4107-8071-1A28F13F5098

That’s the window sticker from my Rubicon 392 XR. I don’t quite get 14mpg combined, but can see some good highway mpg if I go slowly (like sub 70). It sounds so good with the “performance exhaust on” that I have a hard time not getting on it a lot around town and the mpg really suffers as a result.

These numbers for the BRaptor aren’t bad IMO. I’m frankly pretty impressed that with 37’s this thing is pushing 15 around town. That’s a lot of truck to move. I was hoping for a bit better on the highway though. Definitely cannot wait for ours to see for ourselves.

dgauss

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For reference, my Rubicon 392 is rated 13 city 17 highway

I’d be surprised if the coyote was less efficient in a similar application.

With fuel economy so similar to a V8, why have the turbo 6 in the bRaptor?

Last edited:

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That $6 a gallon gonna sting this summer.
Probably less of a sting, if at least getting real use from the vehicle attributes causing the low mpg. Otherwise it becomes a harder sell, the higher gas prices go, just for an image or whatever.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there a Badlands option that goes up to $68k? My 4 door Badlands with 2.7 AT, Sasquatch, Lux and Tow was $58,000 on the dot.
If you go for everything and the kitchen sink on a 4 door Badlands: Lux, Leather, 2.7, Squatch, Towing, Cyber Orange, MIC Top, Keyless entry, Modular Bumper, Hoop Step, Wheel Lock kit, Block Heater, Floor mats and then order the Fastback soft top plus the Tube Doors you'll total up to $69,055. You have to work really hard at ordering everything.

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s what I get in my 5.0 F150.