First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If they are saying 15, 13 is more realistic. My round trip to work is going to be $20 a day
I agree. 15 is absolutely best conditions, tires at 60 psi and Hypermilling the shit out of it..My 2 door 2.7L Sas gets 13.5 around town.

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I mean, this can't be a huge surprise. That's right in the range you'd expect for a Gladiator (14 to 14.5 mpg). I'm getting 17-18 with my First Edition (35 tires and the 2.7). Not enough of a delta to make that big of a difference. But for me its more about the acquisition price given what you get. The Raptor will have the envy factor but when you get down to it the extra power won't be all that useful for most of us weekend rock crawlers. so I say dealer's choice and go for what you can live with.

jacobim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This has to be infuriating for those who have been waiting a year or more for their bronco to see ford has just said F*ck you and moved right past them. On another note do you have the full sticker from that post so we can see the MSRP?
MSRP 80K Street Price - 150K+

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Mini me Broncos beware, Braptors will soon be on the prowl :p

Seriously though, one of the guys on another forum asked a good question.

" The the F150 Raptor gets the same gas mileage as the Bronco Raptor? The F150 has 450 HP. I thought the 3.0 Eco Boost was a more efficient engine?"

I just assumed we would be right at the 400 hp mark but based on that it makes me thing we BRaptor owners will get a pleasant surprise when the official HP and TQ numbers are released.
I agree, I think the numbers will be nice. Let's go 435 HP and 505 FT LBS minimum 😂😂😂😂.

Sponsored

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I agree, I think the numbers will be nice. The F-150 Raptor is about 200 lbs heavier too so by that logic Bronco may have even more power considering the gas mileage. Let's go 435 HP and 505 FT LBS minimum 😂😂😂😂.

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It would be funny if it wasn’t so sad!

As of 5-21-2022, national average is $4.59/Gallon

It’s only going to continue going up!
Hey watch out you're getting dangerously close to banned political talk there! :cool:

You look at Ford and you see this weird dichotomy: on the one hand, preaching about an all-EV future. On the other hand, doubling down on the biggest gas guzzlers possible, going ever higher in the HP wars and actually eliminating their small fuel efficient ICE passenger cars.

So what accounts for this weird barbell phenom, the hollowed-out middle?

Who knows, but my guess is the schizo act is being caused by two divergent drivers of the business and two bets that Ford must make. One: politicians and bureaucrats driving car companies toward EVs through pressure, regulation and driving up the cost of building and owning ICE vehicles. Two: the huge preference of their US customer base for big, responsive cars. The two don't match up. But I think Ford may internally see that the economics of EVs may not pan out, even with the politicians trying to tilt the playing field by kneecapping ICEs.

You are starting to see cracks on the confident EV promises being made by the car companies. One sign: they are all going upmarket. All the new EVs are super luxurious and big and super expensive. All the buzz is with the Taycans and Rivians and eTrons. A friggin VW bus is looking like it may be pushing $80K. Where are the light, cheap, super efficient EVs that actually could maybe deliver on the environmental promise of electrification? There are some but even a Tesla Model 3 is a 75K proposition if you want reasonable range. It's clearly not where the emphasis is.

One possibility is that consumers don't want the small efficient cars. But consumers (at least in some places) bought ungainly Toyota Hybrids in droves. I think the more likely reason is that EVs turn out to be, surprise surprise, super expensive to build and support. People at the low end of the market cannot possibly absorb those costs. So the manufacturers are burying them in luxury vehicles that consumers already expect to cost a lot.

But the luxury market by itself won't support the substitution of EVs for ICE vehicles globally. I mean, talk about replacement theory.

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey watch out you're getting dangerously close to banned political talk there! :cool:

You look at Ford and you see this weird dichotomy: on the one hand, preaching about an all-EV future. On the other hand, doubling down on the biggest gas guzzlers possible, going ever higher in the HP wars and actually eliminating their small fuel efficient ICE passenger cars.

So what accounts for this weird barbell phenom, the hollowed-out middle?

Who knows, but my guess is the schizo act is being caused by two divergent drivers of the business and two bets that Ford must make. One: politicians and bureaucrats driving car companies toward EVs through pressure, regulation and driving up the cost of building and owning ICE vehicles. Two: the huge preference of their US customer base for big, responsive cars. The two don't match up. But I think Ford may internally see that the economics of EVs may not pan out, even with the politicians trying to tilt the playing field by kneecapping ICEs.

You are starting to see cracks on the confident EV promises being made by the car companies. One sign: they are all going upmarket. All the new EVs are super luxurious and big and super expensive. All the buzz is with the Taycans and Rivians and eTrons. A friggin VW bus is looking like it may be pushing $80K. Where are the light, cheap, super efficient EVs that actually could maybe deliver on the environmental promise of electrification? There are some but even a Tesla Model 3 is a 75K proposition if you want reasonable range. It's clearly not where the emphasis is.

One possibility is that consumers don't want the small efficient cars. But consumers (at least in some places) bought ungainly Toyota Hybrids in droves. I think the more likely reason is that EVs turn out to be, surprise surprise, super expensive to build and support. People at the low end of the market cannot possibly absorb those costs. So the manufacturers are burying them in luxury vehicles that consumers already expect to cost a lot.

But the luxury market by itself won't support the substitution of EVs for ICE vehicles globally. I mean, talk about replacement theory.
Yeah, there’s not even enough raw material to fulfill automobile manufacturer’s overly optimistic forecasts

7B0A8280-3379-4952-A350-9E2F652C9F7F.jpeg

Tdizzle

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X4M
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not bad considering 37’s and 3.0 eco and all around bigger Bronco. Compare to a Sas Badlands with 35’s only getting 17 city/highway
Wish I could get 17. Heavy on the pedal and I’m 14 mpg

Sponsored

Abag

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 / Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mini me Broncos beware, Braptors will soon be on the prowl :p

Seriously though, one of the guys on another forum asked a good question.

" The the F150 Raptor gets the same gas mileage as the Bronco Raptor? The F150 has 450 HP. I thought the 3.0 Eco Boost was a more efficient engine?"

I just assumed we would be right at the 400 hp mark but based on that it makes me thing we BRaptor owners will get a pleasant surprise when the official HP and TQ numbers are released.
I think most will be pleasantly surprised by the HP / TQ numbers..

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wish I could get 17. Heavy on the pedal and I’m 14 mpg
Sport Mode, Adaptive Cruise control, 4A. Max speeds > 85 MPH. 2D, 2.7, OBX with Lux and Tow. Stock OBX rims and tires.

I am not light on the pedal, but a free flowing exhaust and lightweight rims/tires can make a huge difference in mileage.

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor window stickers now appearing. Reveals 15 MPG IMG_20220413_184202

Ford Bronco Bronco Raptor window stickers now appearing. Reveals 15 MPG IMG_20220520_215501

Same roads, but opposite direction of travel. Average speed overall is just about 70 MPH, average mileage 23 (over 730 miles total travel - 365 miles each way).

NJBronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Colorado Bison
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The funny part is not the pricing but the admin destroying our oil leases. They feel it’s better to pay and waste oil/gas on shipping than to bring it up from our wells.

Oh those shipping barges our the worst polluters in the world! Not green at all. One tanker creates the same emissions as 50,000,000 vehicles!
Very true. So called green policies are anything but. Let’s not forget that if we produce here, it’s done cleaner than anyone else.

NJBronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Colorado Bison
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Let’s get back on the original thread. Anyone else get their window sticker? I think I saw 1. My VIN is under 75 and build week 5/30.
No window sticker To date.
Sponsored