stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I mean, this can't be a huge surprise. That's right in the range you'd expect for a Gladiator (14 to 14.5 mpg). I'm getting 17-18 with my First Edition (35 tires and the 2.7). Not enough of a delta to make that big of a difference. But for me its more about the acquisition price given what you get. The Raptor will have the envy factor but when you get down to it the extra power won't be all that useful for most of us weekend rock crawlers. so I say dealer's choice and go for what you can live with.
But for those of us who plan to high speed Baja the Raptor, we’ll take all the power we can get.
Sponsored

jacobim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey watch out you're getting dangerously close to banned political talk there! :cool:

You look at Ford and you see this weird dichotomy: on the one hand, preaching about an all-EV future. On the other hand, doubling down on the biggest gas guzzlers possible, going ever higher in the HP wars and actually eliminating their small fuel efficient ICE passenger cars.

So what accounts for this weird barbell phenom, the hollowed-out middle?

Who knows, but my guess is the schizo act is being caused by two divergent drivers of the business and two bets that Ford must make. One: politicians and bureaucrats driving car companies toward EVs through pressure, regulation and driving up the cost of building and owning ICE vehicles. Two: the huge preference of their US customer base for big, responsive cars. The two don't match up. But I think Ford may internally see that the economics of EVs may not pan out, even with the politicians trying to tilt the playing field by kneecapping ICEs.

You are starting to see cracks on the confident EV promises being made by the car companies. One sign: they are all going upmarket. All the new EVs are super luxurious and big and super expensive. All the buzz is with the Taycans and Rivians and eTrons. A friggin VW bus is looking like it may be pushing $80K. Where are the light, cheap, super efficient EVs that actually could maybe deliver on the environmental promise of electrification? There are some but even a Tesla Model 3 is a 75K proposition if you want reasonable range. It's clearly not where the emphasis is.

One possibility is that consumers don't want the small efficient cars. But consumers (at least in some places) bought ungainly Toyota Hybrids in droves. I think the more likely reason is that EVs turn out to be, surprise surprise, super expensive to build and support. People at the low end of the market cannot possibly absorb those costs. So the manufacturers are burying them in luxury vehicles that consumers already expect to cost a lot.

But the luxury market by itself won't support the substitution of EVs for ICE vehicles globally. I mean, talk about replacement theory.
So... This one is tough to admit on this forum as it's the complete opposite of the Bronco. I purchased a Chevrolet Bolt EV to get me by while waiting for the Bronco. It's been a complete surprise and couldn't have been better timing with the fuel prices lately. It's fun to drive and super inexpensive. I'm not sure my wife will let me sell it when the Bronco does eventually arrive. My best friend who drives very expensive luxury cars just bought his first EV and claims he will never go back to ICE again... We'll see... he recently traded his BMW 760i V12 for a McLaren GT. It will be very interesting to see where the market lands over the next couple years. The Hummer EV looks like a very sweet ride as well... if I had 100k to blow on an suv I would seriously consider it. I did put in a reservation for the new Silverado EV as well. At this rate it will show up before the Bronco.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
But for those of us who plan to high speed Baja the Raptor, we’ll take all the power we can get.
Sure would be nice to have a larger fuel tank, don't you think? 🤔

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Since I used public transportation for work, mine will sit Mon - Thursday.

Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sure would be nice to have a larger fuel tank, don't you think? 🤔
Yes it would. If you burned all the gas in a full tank and actually got 15 mpg you are only going 315 miles. My bet is 14 mpg at best on hwy and you will get gas before its dry. So more closer to reality you get gas with 2 gallons or more in the tank. 266 mile range at best.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes it would. If you burned all the gas in a full tank and actually got 15 mpg you are only going 315 miles. My bet is 14 mpg at best on hwy and you will get gas before its dry. So more closer to reality you get gas with 2 gallons or more in the tank. 266 mile range at best.
Yeah the range is my major concern. Going to have to take extra dump cans on trips.

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So... This one is tough to admit on this forum as it's the complete opposite of the Bronco. I purchased a Chevrolet Bolt EV to get me by while waiting for the Bronco. It's been a complete surprise and couldn't have been better timing with the fuel prices lately. It's fun to drive and super inexpensive. I'm not sure my wife will let me sell it when the Bronco does eventually arrive. My best friend who drives very expensive luxury cars just bought his first EV and claims he will never go back to ICE again... We'll see... he recently traded his BMW 760i V12 for a McLaren GT. It will be very interesting to see where the market lands over the next couple years. The Hummer EV looks like a very sweet ride as well... if I had 100k to blow on an suv I would seriously consider it. I did put in a reservation for the new Silverado EV as well. At this rate it will show up before the Bronco.
I wouldn't buy a GM if you paid me. I am so disappointed for several reasons...one is that I had a warranty that they would not honor...that's just the start...

I'm going Ford for a lot of reasons...

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Special order as oppose to dealer stock.

For example, most reservation orders are special order.

Most guys who are buying the Warthog are ordering them .. as in picking color and options they want

I hope this makes sense.

Any

Anyone knows what's mean 'SPECIAL ORDER' on window sticker?

Sponsored

Kenny H

Badlands
First Name
KIBUM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, FRS, Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Special order as oppose to dealer stock.

For example, most reservation orders are special order.

Most guys who are buying the Warthog are ordering them .. as in picking color and options they want

I hope this makes sense.
Thank you!

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yes, but who is going to be driving in super long trips with the Raptor? I guess the better question is who is buying the Raptor to be a primary vehicle? My Bronco (unlikely to be a raptor) will be my fun car...

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

yes, but who is going to be driving in super long trips with the Raptor? I guess the better question is who is buying the Raptor to be a primary vehicle? My Bronco (unlikely to be a raptor) will be my fun car...
Me.