Advertisement

Bronco rear seats do not fold down flat? - they fold down ramp

Broncola

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
As far as I know, the seats aren't designed to be removed. I mean, with the right tools you can remove any seat, but it doesn't appear that they were designed to removed.
Ok final question on this. My understanding is the 4-door folds completely flat with no step. So if you get the slide out gate on the 4-door are we creating a step?

Advertisement

BigAl

Base
First Name
Al
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot
Ok final question on this. My understanding is the 4-door folds completely flat with no step. So if you get the slide out gate on the 4-door are we creating a step?
I THINK the four door gets the slide out standard, maybe for that reason

71BroncoSport

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronc, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, 2011 Mustang
I heard that the doors are larger in the 2 door, that ls why they wont fit in the back nor were advertised to do so. Not sure how true this is. Maybe @laj.tuxmek could chime?
I overlayed the 2 images and this shows how the 2 door door is longer
1595013082030.png

Broncola

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
49FE681B-2FBD-4DB6-8116-E8D06B99B861.jpeg

Latest theory! 4-door seats could possibly lay flat at two different levels for if you get the slide out or not.

teejayhoward

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRZ
I dunno about that. Right now ford is advertising a leather trim (saddle brown and black) that apparently doesnt exist on production models.
Wait, WHAT?!

That's the sole interior option I have any interest in, and is a make-it-or-break-it option. If it's one of those "200+ aftermarket options" in a Ford catalogue, that's fine, but I had no idea I couldn't order the Bronco with it.

BroncoHooves

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
Question for knowledgeable Ford folks: those headrests on the 2-door rear seat. When you fold the rear seat, the cushion swivels up toward front seats...the headrests swivel 90 degrees rearwards...and the rear backrest folds atop the cushions.

What's your guess as to whether those headrests can just be removed from the seatback?

MVP

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Dang, I'll definitely be removing those then with a socket wrench! Be less people to bum rides off me 😅
I can’t wait to get the Bronco because the first thing I want to do is take out the rear seats and put my dogs in the back.

Section8

Base
First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
I am glad to hear they fold flat, though I will definitely want to see how flat and how big of a step up it is before making a decision. I am hoping at time of spec we will have that information. Just me and my dog here, and since I haven't had the seats down in my car in two years I am thinking I might not need rear seats all that much. ;)

Definitely one of the critical points for me to have in my Base. The other is please, for the love of god, let me get all that awful carpet out of there and have molded plastic. I am daily mind boggled by why we still put carpet in cars.

aman43

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
this is an old picture and the bottom seat isnt pulled down and out.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
this is an old picture and the bottom seat isnt pulled down and out.
Have you seen any better representation of a proper fold?
I'm hoping it's much better than that picture

aman43

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Have you seen any better representation of a proper fold?
I'm hoping it's much better than that picture
so far the only thing we have is direct word from fords social media person that it folds pretty much flat (slight incline) and there is a 4 inch difference between the trunk area and the folded seats. People are speculating that space can be covered by a tray or a pull out storage solution

Advertisement

Advertisement