Sponsored

Bronco release pushed back due to Coronavirus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And quit touching your face...
Sponsored

Shane

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser and 2001 F250 SD 4WD 7.3l
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The problem isnt that its extremely deadly. The problem is that its extremely contagious. If we start overwhelming our medical system, thats when things will become more dire.

And also, hopefully nobody here was planning on retiring and dipping into their 401K's to help pay for your Broncos.
Yeah it moves fast. Take precautions. Events are cancelled. Money will be lost short term. Don’t panic. We’ll get through shortly.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Seems a bit overblown
Maybe....but the problem is we don't have a handle on Either the numerator nor the denominator. And many of the fully engaged countries aren't capable/truthful about understanding the situation.

Iran is using mass graves for victims & we're estimating deaths there via satellite imagery. China built all those overnight hospitals, but they also build a similar number of overnight crematoriums.

4X4 Lady

Outer Banks
First Name
Fran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4x4 Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
*as of January 31st
Fast forward and 16 million quarantined and 7500+ infected in Italy alone, quite the jump from your posted stats in less than 45 days.
Not saying panic is necessitated and I agree people are losing their shit but this is just the beginning
I am in that 60+ arena with a compromised immune sys. I know how to wash my hands, use a tissue when I sneeze or cough, avoid crowds anyway, and refuse to live in fear. I AM doctor MOM!

DustyD

Base
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There is mass hysteria, and that's never a good thing.

Numbers aside, there are some legitimate concerns:

1) The world's lean/just-in-time manufacturing will leave us short on TP- and who wants that? When the Mac & Cheese and frozen pizzas are gone, shit will get crazy. Seriously though, there isn't a stockpile of items in a warehouse that will help prevent the spread or treat the infected. When it's gone, it's gone. We have to wait for it to be manufactured somewhere and shipped... with a lot coming from China.

2) While the death rate is low, it will cause the hospitalization of a large number of people (estimated 20%, but who can really put a number on that?). Plus, you know all the paranoid people will go right to the ER for any cough now. Infected or not, that will put a strain on the healthcare system; it will max it out if it's not contained, especially in countries that have one doctor per 50,000 people (like in the case of Ebola).

3) Our country is service-based, so when places close down (Disneyland just did, for example.) it will impact the economy. Also on this list are large conferences, venues, etc (like South by Southwest that had an estimated $355 million impact on that local economy).

Am I worried about the actual COVID-19? Nope. I'm healthy, and I'm sure even worse case I'll be "quarantined" at home drinking beer (maybe even Corona), watching Netflix, and pissed I’m out of frickin’ toilet paper.

Am I concerned about what's going to happen when the mobs of people start acting crazy? Absolutely, and that's what everyone should be prepared for/take seriously. The numbers of infected people are compounding daily, and the number of scared/irrational people are compounding even faster.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you work for the CDC?
Nope just using common sense, this started in December/January(ish), we are in March and there’s no vaccine.
It’s the beginning

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am in that 60+ arena with a compromised immune sys. I know how to wash my hands, use a tissue when I sneeze or cough, avoid crowds anyway, and refuse to live in fear. I AM doctor MOM!
Good everyone should be taking those precautions.

I found this interview helpful, and from a credible source.

kdm_42089

Black Diamond
First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Continental
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good everyone should be taking those precautions.

I found this interview helpful, and from a credible source.
I was just coming to comment for people to check this out. I listened to a good portion of it on my drive home today, and while I don't buy into the mass panic aspect of the coronavirus, it's definitely a great listen with solid advice from someone with decades in the industry. This virus is definitely more serious than I initially gave it credit for.

Solid listen.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
And also, hopefully nobody here was planning on retiring and dipping into their 401K's to help pay for your Broncos.
When they offer low to 0% rates because the economy is in total panic, I'll be buying on credit. When the economy is great, my money is making too much to use it on a car.

Going tomorrow to talk about a refi. Good times.

Adk_st

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Toyota 4runner TRD Pro '57 CHEVY 6400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nope just using common sense, this started in December/January(ish), we are in March and there’s no vaccine.
It’s the beginning
There are treatments that are working in a few different nations (plasma from patients that survived the virus)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was just coming to comment for people to check this out. I listened to a good portion of it on my drive home today, and while I don't buy into the mass panic aspect of the coronavirus, it's definitely a great listen with solid advice from someone with decades in the industry. This virus is definitely more serious than I initially gave it credit for.

Solid listen.
My thoughts exactly!

this is just a 15 minute clip of the full interview but still very informative

kdm_42089

Black Diamond
First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Continental
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My thoughts exactly!

this is just a 15 minute clip of the full interview but still very informative
one of the biggest takeaways for me, is that the obesity problem in America is going to play a pretty big role in people being affected by this. Also that the 'elderly' issue that's been tossed around for weeks, is pretty inaccurate.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm working at a large scale construction site, I'll work until they say I can't (or become sick, whatever) ..... then I'lll go on some type of vacation....camping or what not....maybe.

Kiddo's school is preparing for a shut down... probably whenever the virus occurs here. Govenor has thus far stated that he'd shorten school year by up to 20 days if needed.
Yeah, kid is out of school for two weeks, wife has no work for three. They need to shit down my job site. ?

kdm_42089

Black Diamond
First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Continental
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, kid is out of school for two weeks, wife has no work for three. They need to shit down my job site. ?
Knowing that no matter what, my job won't be shutting down sucks. haha
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.