Sponsored

Bronco release pushed back due to Coronavirus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's infuriating. The media is determined to kill this economy this election year.

Literally screwing the lives of hundreds of thousands of older folk who'd saved for decades to try and have a decent standard of living in retirement.

Putting people out of work, etc. It's criminal.
The media is reporting on a pandemic. We haven't had one in 100 years. People that study these things are predicting that we'll be lucky if it only kills 500,000 Americans.

This isn't really a media problem.

Also would have been nice if we didn't close the entire Pandemic Response shop in the CDC two years ago. That might have been shortsighted.
Sponsored

Hydro556

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj
Your Bronco Model
Base
The media is reporting on a pandemic. We haven't had one in 100 years. People that study these things are predicting that we'll be lucky if it only kills 500,000 Americans.

This isn't really a media problem.

Also would have been nice if we didn't close the entire Pandemic Response shop in the CDC two years ago. That might have been shortsighted.
H1N1 in 09 was pandemic. No crash.

You are vomiting back the media hype. Without accurate testing you have no idea mortality rate etc.

Millions may have already contracted the virus, recovered and never missed a day of work. The stats are meaningless currently.

And built immunity.

Last edited:

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
H1N1 in 09 was pandemic. No crash.

You are vomiting back the media hype. Without accurate testing you have no idea mortality rate etc.

Millions may have already contracted the virus, recovered and never missed a day of work. The stats are meaningless currently.

And built immunity.
I'm telling you what doctor friends and epidemiologists are saying. I don't watch the news.

But you do you, boo.

Hydro556

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm telling you what doctor friends and epidemiologists are saying. I don't watch the news.

But you do you, boo.
Well maybe I should change my opinion if some guy on the net knows someone who said something.

CDCs own site will tell you in 20 seconds of searching that the H1N1 pandemic 10 years ago killed almost 13000 in the US alone. And over half a million worldwide. In its first year.

Even worse, they estimated 80 percent of those deaths occurred in people under 65.

Yet no market crash from media hype. Wonder why?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

We were just notified that Ford canceled the Bronco event due to coronavirus concerns. What a bummer. If I get more updates I'll let you guys know.

Here's what the email said:

“While we looked forward to hosting you for our Bronco Brand Immersion and all-new Bronco embargoed technical briefing next week, the safety of our employees, partners and media friends remains paramount. With that in mind, we’ve made the decision to cancel our event due to ongoing coronavirus concerns. We apologize for the inconvenience.

We appreciate your understanding. In the meantime, stay tuned for updates regarding the return of Bronco.”

Sponsored

kdm_42089

Black Diamond
First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Continental
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Michael Osterholm says it's serious (at least more serious than most people believe)

Dr Drew says it isn't.....

I'll listen to the guy that's worked for multiple decades on infectious diseases with the CDC and NIH, and the director of CIDRAP

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hopefully this is just cancellation of the in person gatherings and not a pushback of the whole reveal. If they are going to be waiting until this whole mess blows over for that we're looking at months at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.