Sponsored

Bronco Reservation (Have to Order by 11/21)

Tennisbuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello,

I have an old Bronco Reservation from July 2020. I originally reserved a FE and never purchased it. I’ve received an email from Ford that at the close of business on 11/21 this reservation is no good. I plan on ordering tomorrow. I had a few questions and was hoping some of the experts here could help:

1.) Does anyone think I would be able to get the trim level Raptor ? I know it’s highly unlikely but I love them.

2.)Ford mentioned I could get a lower price. Since my reservation is from 7/2020 do I have price protection ? Is this a big savings ?

3.) Does the build get based on reservation number ?

4.) Is it possible to get a black hard top on a badlands ?

5.) Does A plan work on the badlands ?

Thanks in advance. This is a bug purchase and my local dealer isn’t very honest.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello,

I have an old Bronco Reservation from July 2020. I originally reserved a FE and never purchased it. I’ve received an email from Ford that at the close of business on 11/21 this reservation is no good. I plan on ordering tomorrow. I had a few questions and was hoping some of the experts here could help:

1.) Does anyone think I would be able to get the trim level Raptor ? I know it’s highly unlikely but I love them.

If the dealer has a Raptor allocation, then you can order it.

2.)Ford mentioned I could get a lower price. Since my reservation is from 7/2020 do I have price protection ? Is this a big savings ?

No Price Protection for Limited Heritage Edition or Raptor.

Reservation timestamp is only relevant at the ordering dealer and carries no priority over having the order built before other orders at different dealers.

No. Modular HT will only be available on the Heritage Editions and will be painted white.

I don't know. You would have to ask the ordering dealership.

Thanks in advance. This is a bug purchase and my local dealer isn’t very honest.
Comments/answers in red.

OP
OP

Tennisbuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Comments/answers in red.
[/

Thanks Beach_Bum! Do you know the answers in blue ?

If the dealer has a Raptor allocation, then you can order it. Can the dealer charge over list if they have an allocation ?

No Price Protection for Limited Heritage Edition or Raptor. Do you know how much the prices have risen from 2021?

Reservation timestamp is only relevant at the ordering dealer and carries no priority over having the order built before other orders at different dealers.

No. Modular HT will only be available on the Heritage Editions and will be painted white.

I don't know. You would have to ask the ordering dealership.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If the dealer has a Raptor allocation, then you can order it. Can the dealer charge over list if they have an allocation ?

No Price Protection for Limited Heritage Edition or Raptor. Do you know how much the prices have risen from 2021?
For those following, my original answers in Red. Followup questions by OP in Blue.

1. Any pricing agreement is between you and your dealer. They can charge whatever price that you agree to. Get the agreement in writing.

2. You do have price protection for any 2023 trim except the Limited Heritage Edition and Raptor. The price protection amount is based on the reserved build spec or the last order configuration. In your case, you still have a reservation for an FE though you can't obviously order an FE. The amount is roughly $3800. For any questions on price protection, then read through the MY'23 Price Protection thread.

OP
OP

Tennisbuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those following, my original answers in Red. Followup questions by OP in Blue.

1. Any pricing agreement is between you and your dealer. They can charge whatever price that you agree to. Get the agreement in writing.

2. You do have price protection for any 2023 trim except the Limited Heritage Edition and Raptor. The price protection amount is based on the reserved build spec or the last order configuration. In your case, you still have a reservation for an FE though you can't obviously order an FE. The amount is roughly $3800. For any questions on price protection, then read through the MY'23 Price Protection thread.
Thanks again. Is there any other way to get a Raptor without spending 130k?

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hello,

If you've waited this long, you may suffer from many over-thinking disabilities, with no cure except "just do it!" Sure, you can have a Badlands Sasquatch with a Black MIC top. Easy.
#1. Order the vehicle, and when you receive it, take it to a paint shop and have the MIC top pieces painted black.
#2. Order the vehicle with a soft top, get it quicker, and buy the following
https://www.advfiberglass.com/produ...VQmw6sCiqKKJDdtAJQYCN6RSjmkGyrD0aAmReEALw_wcB
My personal opinion is that painted tops will be a wear problem, if you actually take the pieces on and off. The MIC means "molded in color" and for a frequently removed, stored, replaced item, a material-infused color is required, like the MIC Top is designed to be. On a painted top the paint will likely scratch off, if you actually use the vehicle. I've had my MIC for a year, it comes off alot. Lots of little scratches that don't show on a MIC. The AFP product is molded color. You've waited so long you have extra cash. Order with a OEM Softie, and get the AFP top.

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks again. Is there any other way to get a Raptor without spending 130k?
Not everyone is paying the markup. It is up to you to have that discussion with your dealer to first gauge if they have an allocation.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You had better get to the dealer when they open. Several people with old reservations like you had a few issues trying to covert to an order at this late date. If you need some time to sort them out, you are going to be SOL since tomorrow is the last day.

Ford has been emailing about this since September, why wait till the last minute?
Sponsored