First Name
Ganesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dear All, great forum and have been quietly following this since I ordered my new bronco on the night of the reveal. When it came to finalize my order the local dealer called me and I specified everything (badlands, sasquatch, Area 51, lux etc) and asked for black painted hardtop. A few weeks later learnt that the black painted tops are moved to ‘22 and subsequently to ‘23, all through the press. The dealer called me again last July and laid out the options - change it to MiC gray top and let it go through for a build (my reservation number was high up) or change it painted hard top and wait till ‘23.
I was clear. I will wait till ‘23. After two confirmations he said that he is changing the order to ‘23 and keeping the painted hard top.
4 months later in December I get an email from Ford directly saying that my bronco is going to be produced. Called the dealer and asked why did the order go through rather than waiting for ‘23 as discussed. He pretended a glitch in the system and emailed someone asking to change the order back. No response and now (two days ago) I got an email with the picture of my bronco rolling off the assembly line with a gray MiC hard top !

I am just pissed that the dealer sneakily moved the order to production knowing that he has nothing to lose. If I didn’t buy it he would mark up and sell. In the mean time, I also bought another car as a bridge since my order moved to ‘23, and now I have sell that and take a faster depreciation hit if I go with the bronco.
Sorry folks, Rant aside, what are my options ? Can I buy the bronco and resell just to not give the dealer a chance to mark up ? How is the resale market for a new bronco with less than 100 miles ?
All I wanted was to not lose my place in reservation and wait for ‘23 with a black painted top. The dealer messed it up.
Sponsored

GravyTrain

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, 2020 110
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Better wait to make sure they don’t add ADM on you. Seems like it’s possible given this history.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As it appears Ford was cancelling reservations that were not entered in the system as orders when the 2021MY order window closed (can't keep them on the books forever and they were specifically for the 2021 MY only per the verbiage, so the timing makes sense), your dealer might have done you a favor by ordering it in lieu of it just going away. There seems to be some confusion on if Ford was allowing code 99 (do not schedule) to be placed on the orders converted at that time. If the dealer was able to code 99 it and did not, then it is on them, if they weren't permitted by Ford to code 99 it then they did right by you as best they could.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In this current market I don’t think you’ll take much of a hit on selling the bridge car you have now. Check out Carmax, caravan, givemethevin, etc to see offers, you might be pleasantly surprised. The market for Broncos is softening now, the big money time ended at Christmas 2021. I’m sure you could buy it and flip it for a few bucks, but not the $20K people were getting a month ago. The Badlands SAS Lux hardtop is still much more marketable than any soft top.

I wouldn’t be that pissed about the dealer converting the order and getting you something as long as they don’t try the ADM bullshit. The painted mod tops may be 2023 or may be never at this point. I’m sure they figured a bird in the hand is better, and they could reorder another Bronco with painted mod top to satisfy you if they become available later. Once Ford really figures out the MIC tops (3.0, 4.0, 7,0?) and most initial orders are satisfied, ordering whatever will be like any other car.

jcgcbns22

Outer Banks
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

"Bring a Trailer" auction site has been active in the last month. The clearing levels are high, esp. for First Edition models. Hearst bought BAT and they are a reputable site. JCG

Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

my dealer did something similar. "accidentally" changed my order to a 4 door soft top outer banks, I caught it, only for them to last minute "accidentally" input the order as a 4 door hardtop... 2 doors more than I wanted....
It sucks, dealer has said they'll give me priority with the exact original spec I wanted but we'll see if they're full of shit or not in the next few months.
As awesome as the bronco is, and as hyped as I was these last few years, every month that goes by without one I'm less and less enthusiastic about it.... Really been considering just keeping my daily driver

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dear All, great forum and have been quietly following this since I ordered my new bronco on the night of the reveal. When it came to finalize my order the local dealer called me and I specified everything (badlands, sasquatch, Area 51, lux etc) and asked for black painted hardtop. A few weeks later learnt that the black painted tops are moved to ‘22 and subsequently to ‘23, all through the press. The dealer called me again last July and laid out the options - change it to MiC gray top and let it go through for a build (my reservation number was high up) or change it painted hard top and wait till ‘23.
I was clear. I will wait till ‘23. After two confirmations he said that he is changing the order to ‘23 and keeping the painted hard top.
4 months later in December I get an email from Ford directly saying that my bronco is going to be produced. Called the dealer and asked why did the order go through rather than waiting for ‘23 as discussed. He pretended a glitch in the system and emailed someone asking to change the order back. No response and now (two days ago) I got an email with the picture of my bronco rolling off the assembly line with a gray MiC hard top !

I am just pissed that the dealer sneakily moved the order to production knowing that he has nothing to lose. If I didn’t buy it he would mark up and sell. In the mean time, I also bought another car as a bridge since my order moved to ‘23, and now I have sell that and take a faster depreciation hit if I go with the bronco.
Sorry folks, Rant aside, what are my options ? Can I buy the bronco and resell just to not give the dealer a chance to mark up ? How is the resale market for a new bronco with less than 100 miles ?
All I wanted was to not lose my place in reservation and wait for ‘23 with a black painted top. The dealer messed it up.
My advice,
Take the Bronco order. Go down to your local paint shop and have them paint it. Or maybe since the dealership is saying that it is a glitch, you can get them to pay half the cost.

ENJOY your Bronco….Put another on order while driving this one.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just take the bronco if I was you and get a after market top the ford black painted tops will probably suck too.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just re-read your post, if its just the hardtop thats wrong I say take the dang bronco. You can get the top wrapped or painted, sell it and buy an aftermarket top, etc.
They could've messed up worse and changed it to a soft top or lower trim, etc.
Play the game with them and see if you can jedi mind trick them into giving you a discount for messing up

Sponsored

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As it appears Ford was cancelling reservations that were not entered in the system as orders when the 2021MY order window closed (can't keep them on the books forever and they were specifically for the 2021 MY only per the verbiage, so the timing makes sense), your dealer might have done you a favor by ordering it in lieu of it just going away. There seems to be some confusion on if Ford was allowing code 99 (do not schedule) to be placed on the orders converted at that time. If the dealer was able to code 99 it and did not, then it is on them, if they weren't permitted by Ford to code 99 it then they did right by you as best they could.
They were cancelling 99’d First Editions, not 99’d regular orders. I have a second order that is 99’d until 2023 for the modular roof too. No issues with that.

OP
OP

Madganny

Outer Banks
First Name
Ganesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks all. Gives me a good perspective.
Sponsored