Bronco Reservations FAQ

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I thought it'd be good to compile a Bronco reservations FAQ. If anyone has anything to add please post it here. Trying to stick to facts and avoid speculation or guesses.

BRONCO RESERVATIONS Q&A

What is a reservation?
• A reservation lets you configure and be among the first to order a new Bronco from Ford with a refundable Reservation Deposit. It is not an actual order and does not guarantee delivery. Your Reservation does not guarantee a set price for the Vehicle.

What steps are required to complete my reservation?
• Go online and select your preferred configuration, create a Ford Account, select your preferred dealer and enter your credit/debit card details and address. A confirmation receipt will be sent to the email address you provide.

Will reservations be fulfilled in the order placed?
• Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, based on final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos. All reservations will be completed before production of stock units begins.

What is a Ford Account and why do I need one?
• A Ford Account lets you sign in to the Ford website to save and manage your personal and reservation information. You need to create a Ford Account to reserve your Bronco. Reservations can also be tracked in your Ford Account at owner.ford.com.

Can I select any Ford Dealer?
• Only Ford Dealers that are eligible and have activated online reservations can be selected. The eligible dealers will be provided based on your ZIP code, or you can enter the name of your favorite Ford Dealer and will be matched to them.

Can I make changes to my reservation?
• You will be able to make changes and complete your Bronco configuration at the time you place your order.

Can I cancel my reservation?
• Yes. You can cancel your reservation at any time and receive a full refund. You can do this in your account at ford.com. If for some reason you can’t process the cancellation online, you can contact a Ford Customer Experience Representative at 800-392-3673 (Ford U.S.). After canceling, allow seven to 10 business days for the reservation deposit to be credited to your original form of payment. Once you progress from a reservation to an order with a dealer, however, cancellation requests would be at that dealer’s discretion.

When can I order my vehicle?
• You will be notified prior to when the vehicle’s ordering window opens to finalize and confirm your configuration and agree on pricing with your dealer.

What happens to the reservation deposit once I order?
• The reservation deposit will be handled by your dealer along with the other details of your vehicle purchase.

When will I take delivery of my vehicle?
• You will be able to order your Bronco in late 2020. Production and deliveries will begin spring 2021. Once actual delivery times may vary based on vehicle model and configuration selected, residency and demand. Once your vehicle is scheduled, you will receive further notification.

Am I buying this vehicle directly from Ford?
• No. The purchase agreement will be between you and the dealer, not you and Ford.

How many reservations can I make and can I transfer my reservation?
• Up to two reservations per account. Your reservation number is assigned to you and cannot be transferred.

Will Ford share my reservation information with my dealer?
• Your reservation information will be shared with the dealer you select at the time of reservation.

How much will it cost to reserve a Bronco?
• Reservations will cost $100 for each model.

Is the $100 refundable?
• Yes automatically with reservation cancellation.

Can Customers update their dealer selection for their reservation?
• Customers can reach out to Ford Customer Support for assistance should they need to change dealers.

When will customers be able to finalize their reservations?
• Reservations opened on July 13. The selected dealer will reach out to customers to complete the configuration and place the order, expected to be July for Bronco Sport and December for Bronco.
Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How about what happens when you reserve but don't get a confirmation email a week or two later?

Thehime

Black Diamond
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Branco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So how does changing your dealer during ordering work? When you get approved to order can you go to a different dealer to fulfill your order?

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So how does changing your dealer during ordering work? When you get approved to order can you go to a different dealer to fulfill your order?
From what I hear, you can’t switch dealers.

Sponsored

AllNamesInUse

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F250HD, 13 Golf TDI, 91 240sx
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You need to contact Ford Customer Support to request a dealer change.

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Will reservations be fulfilled in the order placed?
• Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, based on the final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos. All reservations will be completed before the production of stock units begins.
Is this confirmed or an assumption? I wonder if Ford will pull 'a Tesla' and prioritize orders on their preferance and not first in, first out.

KADNC

Outer Banks
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler JKU Anvil, 2012 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I called Ford marketing this morning to confirm ability to make changes to the vehicle specified when placing the order.

The agent confirmed that when placing the order, I can select any Bronco package, options, etc., including 2-door or 4-door.

She said I cannot use my existing Bronco reservation to switch to a Bronco Sport.

Trainer14

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Escape 2.5 and 2020 F250 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How do you know where you are in the line of reservations? I had my reservation completed in the first 1 1/2 and my reservation # is 10121370, does this mean my reservation was 21,370 in line? Asking for a friend.. :cool:

Duck

First Edition
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Talked to my local dealer GM. He said that you can switch dealers. They have worked it out with their Ford rep for customers. They just need the reservation # and the dealership will take care of it from there. I don’t need to switch dealers as they are not charging ADM and will honor X-plan so I have not gone through this myself. FYI

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did this change some of this text?

Can I cancel my reservation?

Yes. You can cancel your reservation at any time and receive a full refund. * You can do this in your account at ford.com. If for some reason you can’t process the cancellation online, you can contact a Ford Customer Experience Representative at 800-392-3673 (Ford U.S.). After canceling, allow seven to 10 business days for the reservation deposit to be credited to your original form of payment. Once you progress from a reservation to an order with a dealer, however, cancellation requests would be at that dealer’s discretion.

Gadgetech

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've reached out to the owner of the dealership I hope to use to confirm whether or not they plan to charge any markup. If I don't like the answer, I'll be reaching out to another dealer and test the ability switch my reservation over.

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reservation Question... and most likely not a big deal. After placing reservations is the selected dealer getting back to you to at least establish a connection with you and approximately what timeframe was it before you heard from the dealership.
I decided to select a dealer closer to my current location for convenience (compared to those flying in to pickup their Bronco) after working with a dealership for about 30 years. The previous dealer is only about an hour away, would still be considered local for many and I have never had any issues over the years for any services or repairs. Kind of feeling guilty that after 30 positive years making a change.
Since I am a new customer to the selected dealership and have not received any acknowledgement (hey it is a Bronco I need you as excited as I am) I am thinking of changing back to my previous dealer before it is too late to change. I wanted to give an opportunity to this new dealership establish a new connection but rethinking. Before I decide to make the change what feedback are others getting after making the initial reservation. Maybe not hearing from them is a sign I need to go back. Thanks in advance!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Reservation Question... and most likely not a big deal. After placing reservations is the selected dealer getting back to you to at least establish a connection with you and approximately what timeframe was it before you heard from the dealership.
I decided to select a dealer closer to my current location for convenience (compared to those flying in to pickup their Bronco) after working with a dealership for about 30 years. The previous dealer is only about an hour away, would still be considered local for many and I have never had any issues over the years for any services or repairs. Kind of feeling guilty that after 30 positive years making a change.
Since I am a new customer to the selected dealership and have not received any acknowledgement (hey it is a Bronco I need you as excited as I am) I am thinking of changing back to my previous dealer before it is too late to change. I wanted to give an opportunity to this new dealership establish a new connection but rethinking. Before I decide to make the change what feedback are others getting after making the initial reservation. Maybe not hearing from them is a sign I need to go back. Thanks in advance!
If it were me, I'd stay with the dealer you've trusted all of those years and gave you good service. I've been with the same dealer since 2003 and have purchased 11 vehicles there. I have no reason to even think of going somewhere else.

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it were me, I'd stay with the dealer you've trusted all of those years and gave you good service. I've been with the same dealer since 2003 and have purchased 11 vehicles there. I have no reason to even think of going somewhere else.
Yes, as I was thinking it out I decided to look at process to change dealership. Did you make a reservation if and you did, has the dealer reached out to you?
Though my sales person retired (great guy, I was able to order what I wanted over the phone and email, no hassles, no down payment and no pressure for add-ons) having all those years to fall back on if there are issues can work for you. At least it was like that in the past. Thanks for your feedback.
Sponsored