Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Amen. A dealer that shall remain unnamed here had a salesperson standing by the Broncos on display to field questions Saturday.
They had two side by side, one was WT in Rapid, one was a BL in Cyber.
I asked to see the BL one in the sun (see if they would move it a few feet forward to let the sun hit the paint) he asked "which one is the Badlands?"
I replied "The Cyber orange."

"Which one is orange?"

I just don't know how to respond to that other than how I did, which was less than polite...
Wow. That is embarrassing.
Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As I am in group 4 (no VIN number or production date) it was confirmed I would be in model year 2022. Somewhat disturbing is that the rep couldn’t confirm whether I would get the Bronco in first quarter 2022. She did say that those of us in a similar situation would get a more specific e-mail in mid to late Sept. 2021 with a better estimate when to expect production.
With the number of reserved vehicles, there will be many, many reservations that won't be fulfilled by the end of Q1. If you are a soft top or a first 48-hour reservation, your odds of being a Q1 are pretty good (assuming they get up to full speed on producing hard tops), but beyond that it's anyone's guess.

I am an October reservation and am holding out some hope for Q2. Beyond Q2 I will be pissed, but I recognize that it's definitely a possibility.

Remember that Ford was supposed to give us build estimates (with unknown specificity) by the end of May. If they are able to do so by the end of September, that would exceed my current expectations. So from my perspective, your news is positive, if the rep knew what she was talking about.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Once your order is in, you are unable to change dealership

What did you order, if you don't mind sharing
2 Door Basesquatch, 2.7.

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Lovecato

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting -
Hadn't seen/heard this before . . . it would be great to have realistic estimate of production date -
So far it's been too open-ended -
I hesitated to place that info. I can attest to the veracity of what I was told but not to the truth of whether Ford will really come through with an actual production date for me. I would even accept ( as if I have a choice) an actual production week!!

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We are looking at this ALL wrong. I want to know WHO at Haartz Corp is sleeping with WHO at FORD? We need to facilitate a break up ASAP--- Haartz is making the soft tops and they are the ONLY WINNERS in this mega cluster %($K

KKCrunch

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
With the number of reserved vehicles, there will be many, many reservations that won't be fulfilled by the end of Q1. If you are a soft top or a first 48-hour reservation, your odds of being a Q1 are pretty good (assuming they get up to full speed on producing hard tops), but beyond that it's anyone's guess.

I am an October reservation and am holding out some hope for Q2. Beyond Q2 I will be pissed, but I recognize that it's definitely a possibility.

Remember that Ford was supposed to give us build estimates (with unknown specificity) by the end of May. If they are able to do so by the end of September, that would exceed my current expectations. So from my perspective, your news is positive, if the rep knew what she was talking about.
I'm a July 18th reservation and I am holding out hope for a Q2 delivery. Good Luck with October.

MOrunning04

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Detroit News article by Jordyn Grzelewski on the restart of Bronco online reservations.
Ford pauses online reservations for the Bronco (detroitnews.com)

Ford pauses online reservations for the Bronco amid production delays

August 30, 2021

Ford Motor Co. has temporarily stopped taking online reservations for the Bronco amid high demand and production constraints that have slowed the rollout of the hotly-anticipated SUV.

Ford spokesman Said Deep on Monday confirmed that the Dearborn automaker recently sent a note to its dealers informing them that the company has "paused" its online reservation system for the full-size Bronco — but customers still can place orders directly through dealerships. The news first was reported by the Detroit Free Press.

2021 Ford Bronco holding lot MAP.jpg

Ford Broncos can be seen in a parking lot inside Ford's Michigan Assembly Plant, in Wayne, August 17, 2021

The halt in online reservations, according to Deep, is due in part to the website undergoing an update. He also acknowledged that an issue sourcing hard-top roofs for the vehicle is a factor. He said he expects the online system to potentially open back up in October, which is also when the automaker will open up orders for model year 2022 Broncos.

Shifting orders to dealerships could give customers additional information and visibility that the online system couldn't provide, Deep said. For example, a dealer would be able to alert a prospective customer if someone cancels an existing Bronco order, thus freeing up a model that's already been built. Dealers might also have insight into how customers can configure their Bronco order to potentially expedite production, as only certain configurations are affected by the production constraints.

Earlier this month, Ford announced that, due to quality issues, it will replace hardtop roofs on all Broncos, including those that have already been delivered and those awaiting delivery. The move means delays for customers whose Broncos have been built but not delivered, and for some customers whose vehicles haven't yet been assembled.

Due to this and other delays earlier this year, as well as high demand, Ford has said that model year 2021 will be abbreviated and some builds delayed until 2022.

The company said it identified cosmetic issues with molded-in color hard-top roofs from supplier Webasto. Soft-top orders are not affected, and production on those models continues. The automaker has told customers that it expects to receive replacement hard-top roofs in October.

Ford executives have spoken in recent months about their goal of generating a larger share of new-vehicle sales via online order banks. The automaker has taken online reservations for several of its new products, including the Mustang Mach-E, the all-electric F-150 Lightning and the Maverick pickup.
Not to sound nit picky, but has anyone else noticed that the "stock" soft tops all have saggy wrinkled rear side panels? It looked as though the Bestop soft top install video didn't have that saggy wrinkled look to it. Is that just a soft top thing or do these "stock" soft tops just add to one of the little things that's wrong right now?
Sponsored