Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to sound nit picky, but has anyone else noticed that the "stock" soft tops all have saggy wrinkled rear side panels?
The search term you are looking for is "Bronco wave".
Sponsored

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
so funny- i remember a year ago all of us waiting around this exact time for the build and price. i never would have thought a year later i'd be waiting for the following year's build and price! wonder if some of us reservation holders will be waiting on the same thing a year from now?! Cue the people defending Ford saying they're doing their best blah blah blah and cue the people saying they're going to be happy to wait a year from now for model year '23 because of all the new color choices!

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fords soft tops are complete junk
I think there's going to be a boatload of buyers remorse from many of the impatient ones that settled for the flaccid top. After driving a 4 door WT mannequin with soft top a couple weeks ago I could barely hear myself think from the interior noise not to mention it just looks cheap. I would wait until infinity to not get that soft top.

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, if dealers have us order for MY21 damn well knowing we will be MY23 why do we even place our order in the first place?
I had 2 dealers tell me to hold my 2021 order and wait for 2022. That was in July, but I wish I had ordered back in March primarily because the price will just keep going up. With inflation, big demand, etc. I would not be surprised if Ford raises the 2022 price 5%. That is a complete guess, but the only reason I am probably going to go ahead and order a 2022 in October, or whenever the ordering opens up, is mostly because I would rather go ahead and lock in on price than wait a year and get a 2023(which might still occur) with a better modular hardtop option by then(hopefully), etc.

My biggest gripe with Ford is I think that if they simply called up the buyers and asked if they are interested in spending a little extra now to buy both a soft top and hard top, they could then deliver the majority of the customers their Broncos much faster. Then deliver the hardtops at a later date. It is a Win/Win. Instead they try to get communication out to order a soft top for faster delivery, throw all the Broncos into an outdoor staging area, and then ask any customers who are willing to buy the soft tops now for 2x as much money for the hard top down the road.

RobCo

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 1977 Ford Bronco project
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Article also mentioned MY22 order banks opening in October.
Cool, then I can actually put my order in then. Perfect. Now I really have to choose between a 2 and 4 door.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

so funny- i remember a year ago all of us waiting around this exact time for the build and price. i never would have thought a year later i'd be waiting for the following year's build and price! wonder if some of us reservation holders will be waiting on the same thing a year from now?! Cue the people defending Ford saying they're doing their best blah blah blah and cue the people saying they're going to be happy to wait a year from now for model year '23 because of all the new color choices!
Yeah I did not bet the farm on this happening.

MOrunning04

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well the OEM soft tops are made by guess who . . . yes Webasto again . . . so are we surprised they look lousy ?? - and show wear quickly ??

Right, all posts report the Bestop product is light-years better -

Personally am planning 'slanted' hardtop from ADV Fiberglass Concepts -

NO Webasto anything on my Bronco !!
Do you know is there any way to order it with a Bestop soft top as the top coming from the factory or do we just have to deal with one Webasto top or the other?

MOrunning04

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Presently you can order the Bestop Roof as accessory - in addition to the OEM Webasto roof -
See Bronco B&P website - Under: Accessories > Exterior > Doors & Roof -

I don't see an option to order Bestop Roof instead of OEM Roof -

But this could change - Ford adds new B&P options all the time - might also change when MY22 B&P opens - October ?
Well here's to hoping that we can just bypass the Webasto tops all together and just get a Bestop for MY 22. Are you listening Ford? Eruption Green, 3.0 Hybrid, Bestop soft top with hard top prep package. Please and thank you.

Lexx

Big Bend
First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So frustrating. I was originally going to order a Wildtrack, then a BL. Now with all the delays I'm thinking Base Squatch 4 dr 2.7. I can live without the adaptive cruise and blind spot monitor, and I really don't need a 12" screen. I'm gonna mod the crap out of it anyway. But my reservation wasn't till November last year. So even though my dealer told me 2nd quarter 2022, it's looking like 2023 at this point. I may end up picking up a used SUV in the meantime. I'm tired of waiting. I need a 4WD that seats 5, to tow behind my motorhome. And I don't want a Jeep.

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So frustrating. I was originally going to order a Wildtrack, then a BL. Now with all the delays I'm thinking Base Squatch 4 dr 2.7. I can live without the adaptive cruise and blind spot monitor, and I really don't need a 12" screen. I'm gonna mod the crap out of it anyway. But my reservation wasn't till November last year. So even though my dealer told me 2nd quarter 2022, it's looking like 2023 at this point. I may end up picking up a used SUV in the meantime. I'm tired of waiting. I need a 4WD that seats 5, to tow behind my motorhome. And I don't want a Jeep.
Have you considered a 4Runner? Toyotas hold their value a ridiculous amount and you may be able to sell it back for near what you paid after even a couple kfnyears once your Bronco comes in.

Lexx

Big Bend
First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Actually I'm looking for a LC100 Landcruiser or LX470, or a GX470. Toyota reliability. Motors will run for 500k easy with just timing belt and water pump maintenance. Landcruisers are crazy about holding their values.

Have you considered a 4Runner? Toyotas hold their value a ridiculous amount and you may be able to sell it back for near what you paid after even a couple kfnyears once your Bronco comes in.

pjmezz13

Black Diamond
First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I submitted a reservation on 8/6 and was contacted by a dealer shortly after asking to send in the specs for the build I wanted. He then came back to me and said that I couldn't place my order (2dr, black diamond, 7 speed manual, hard top) because his system was showing a 'commodity Shortage' error, and instead directed me towards a 4 door soft top which I didn't want. It's been a few weeks and I've reached out asking for an update on when I might be able to place my order (knowing full well that it'll be a year before I might actually get delivery) and still nothing. Is this typical? Why can't I place my order and get in line? At this point is it safe to assume that I'll have a shot in October? Seems odd to me that they won't keep the orders coming in for people with reservations, even if they will be converted to '22 or even '23 models eventually.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I submitted a reservation on 8/6 and was contacted by a dealer shortly after asking to send in the specs for the build I wanted. He then came back to me and said that I couldn't place my order (2dr, black diamond, 7 speed manual, hard top) because his system was showing a 'commodity Shortage' error, and instead directed me towards a 4 door soft top which I didn't want. It's been a few weeks and I've reached out asking for an update on when I might be able to place my order (knowing full well that it'll be a year before I might actually get delivery) and still nothing. Is this typical? Why can't I place my order and get in line? At this point is it safe to assume that I'll have a shot in October? Seems odd to me that they won't keep the orders coming in for people with reservations, even if they will be converted to '22 or even '23 models eventually.
Perhaps that's legit, but I suspect it's not. Either way you will have the same opportunity as everybody else to put in your MY22 order once the banks open, which is hopefully in October. I'm not holding my breath though and I doubt many around here are either.

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ford F150 Powerstroke,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As of now, I plan to put in a Hot Pepper Red 2 door manual SAS packed order in October when they open. I suspect and expect to wait for around 12-15 months or so from order date. Once they start building these with all the parts they need they will go pretty quick. I would think Ford would burn through most of the orders once the supplier issues are fixed. Then again MY22 orders could be kicked back to MY23.
Sponsored