imstimpy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I submitted a reservation on 8/6 and was contacted by a dealer shortly after asking to send in the specs for the build I wanted. He then came back to me and said that I couldn't place my order (2dr, black diamond, 7 speed manual, hard top) because his system was showing a 'commodity Shortage' error, and instead directed me towards a 4 door soft top which I didn't want. It's been a few weeks and I've reached out asking for an update on when I might be able to place my order (knowing full well that it'll be a year before I might actually get delivery) and still nothing. Is this typical? Why can't I place my order and get in line? At this point is it safe to assume that I'll have a shot in October? Seems odd to me that they won't keep the orders coming in for people with reservations, even if they will be converted to '22 or even '23 models eventually.
The dealers I've talked to have all said roughly the same thing: A) any order placed will have to roll into MY22 and B) it may be 1-1.5 years before delivery.

The willingness to actually take the order has varied dramatically from "no, orders are closed" to "it is a waste of our time to do it now" to "yes, but it will roll over". I eventually got an order in on September 1st, 2021 (non-commodity build). I can't get the guy to take the deposit but I do have an email from Ford saying my order is confirmed.
Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When MIC2.0 gets rolling, Broncos will be flying off the production line in no time . . .
Agreed IF the MIC 2.0s are being produced at the full volume production rate AND if other commodities aren't in short supply. Not sure how realistic that is.

If MAP and Webasto ran full bore through the 1H of 2022, they could clear the whole backlog -- keep in mind that not all reservations actually converted to orders, and new orders and dropouts have been roughly balanced for a while. More realistically without severe problems I think all pre-March MIC top orders could be delivered by Q3-Q4 after Webasto's second plant is producing. If more severe supply problems or shutdowns occur, or Webasto never cranks up to full speed... Katy, bar the door.

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ford F150 Powerstroke,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yep, my local dealer had a Bronco order come in, soft top of course. The person who originally ordered it could not buy it due to credit. They sold it to someone else the same day. I would imagine up to a third of the orders will not take deliver due to changed mind, can't buy, don't qualify, etc. etc.

If you order it and change you mind the dealers will have no issue in unloading it to someone else.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I am going for a very early early MY22 Green Bronco :cool:

Sponsored

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First I am a newb here...my first post so very new to this whole process and trying to catch up on what the timeline has been like. I have talked to 3 different dealers in my area (TN) over the past week and have had different answers from each. All have demo units on the lot and said they have to be on the lot for 6 months before they can be sold and most already had deposits on them. My thoughts on this are who knows how many miles they will have on them and the condition at the end of that timeframe...Below are the responses I got

1. The reservation process has been paused to allow Ford time to catch up on orders and they are being told to encourage people "to wait or expect them to be pushed off to 2023 MY builds"

2. Sales lady said I could order one and I said but probably won't be here until this time next year right?? She laughed and said no probably Feb. or March...then I laughed. I went 2 days later to test drive the demo and she said "they got an update that morning" and were told no orders could be placed on hardtops but could order all others.

3. Dealer straight up said there had been a recall on the hardtops and all orders have no time line on when they will be fulfilled and to expect at least a year maybe a tear and a half for delivery.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

First I am a newb here...my first post so very new to this whole process and trying to catch up on what the timeline has been like. I have talked to 3 different dealers in my area (TN) over the past week and have had different answers from each. All have demo units on the lot and said they have to be on the lot for 6 months before they can be sold and most already had deposits on them. My thoughts on this are who knows how many miles they will have on them and the condition at the end of that timeframe...Below are the responses I got

1. The reservation process has been paused to allow Ford time to catch up on orders and they are being told to encourage people "to wait or expect them to be pushed off to 2023 MY builds"

2. Sales lady said I could order one and I said but probably won't be here until this time next year right?? She laughed and said no probably Feb. or March...then I laughed. I went 2 days later to test drive the demo and she said "they got an update that morning" and were told no orders could be placed on hardtops but could order all others.

3. Dealer straight up said there had been a recall on the hardtops and all orders have no time line on when they will be fulfilled and to expect at least a year maybe a tear and a half for delivery.
Kevin, I'll try to help.
1 - The res process has been stopped for awhile, but there are rumors it will start up again soon.

2 - There's really no need to order right now as the '22 order banks a supposed to start up maybe in October, but who knows with the way things are going. If you order now you'll have to order again when the '22 order banks open.

3- He's a bit behind on the news. Ford, and Webasto seems to have the MIC problem under control now. They will replace the tops on the already delivered units, replace the tops on the units on hold at the plants, then start producing the retail orders. How long that will take is quectionable, but Ford seems to think they will be done replacing tops in November. See #2 for ordering.

BTW, I don't know if you can travel to pick up your Bronco. But, if you can you may want to consider ordering from Chapman Ford in Horsham, PA. (who may be closer to you) Tom @DealerInsider is one of the few dealers here on the forum that has all of his ducks in a row. He also has a great deal going that could save you some money. We also have @Granger Ford in Granger, Iowa (I'm driving 1100 miles to Granger because of their offer) who is offering a 1K under invoice deal. As it is with so many orders in the system it is questionable if you will be able to get your Bronco in 2022. But, there is hope depending on the options you pick. Good luck.

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kevin, I'll try to help.
1 - The res process has been stopped for awhile, but there are rumors it will start up again soon.

2 - There's really no need to order right now as the '22 order banks a supposed to start up maybe in October, but who knows with the way things are going. If you order now you'll have to order again when the '22 order banks open.

3- He's a bit behind on the news. Ford, and Webasto seems to have the MIC problem under control now. They will replace the tops on the already delivered units, replace the tops on the units on hold at the plants, then start producing the retail orders. How long that will take is quectionable, but Ford seems to think they will be done replacing tops in November. See #2 for ordering.

BTW, I don't know if you can travel to pick up your Bronco. But, if you can you may want to consider ordering from Chapman Ford in Horsham, PA. (who may be closer to you) Tom @DealerInsider is one of the few dealers here on the forum that has all of his ducks in a row. He also has a great deal going that could save you some money. We also have @Granger Ford in Granger, Iowa (I'm driving 1100 miles to Granger because of their offer) who is offering a 1K under invoice deal. As it is with so many orders in the system it is questionable if you will be able to get your Bronco in 2022. But, there is hope depending on the options you pick. Good luck.
Thanks very much for the information! I have emailed Tom and may give him a call also with more questions

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks very much for the information! I have emailed Tom and may give him a call also with more questions
Tom's a good man. He has kept his customers in the know as much as possible. He'll take care of you.

BDBJ79

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle-less
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Actually I'm looking for a LC100 Landcruiser or LX470, or a GX470. Toyota reliability. Motors will run for 500k easy with just timing belt and water pump maintenance. Landcruisers are crazy about holding their values.
I canceled my 9/20 reservation 18 mo ago because I couldn’t handle all this nonsense. Bought a 2007 GX470. Couldn’t be happier. Amazing rig. Only reason I’m circling back now is because I know that my GX with 200k miles will last me the two years I’ll be waiting on a Bronco, and then some.
Sponsored