First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The new landrover is not going to hold value like an old one. It is going to hold value like what it truly is...a Discovery 5.
Sponsored

Evanm14

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5, Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The networks covering the protests and riots were never going to be covering a vehicle launch anyway. The audience is the automotive media and enthusiast sites which most certainly would be watching. The Bronco launch was never going to be on the NBC Nightly News. If Ford is waiting for that to happen, we will never see the thing.
BMW, Lexus and many other car makers continue to debut new and very important products yet Ford can't seem to figure out how to do it until everything is perfect??
While I'm frustrated and exasperated with Ford on this, I'm certainly keeping it in perspective and realize, at the end of the day, this a just a car, and not life and death.
That being said, it all just seems poorly managed by Ford and their marketing folks and has, at least for me, significantly dampened my enthusiasm for the product.
What about SpaceX launch? I believe that got plenty of attention and it is needed as a diversion in these hard times.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well. I know my 4runner has a locker, but it's the pro so I'd expect it to. Pretty sure the old trail and I know the new trd off-road 4runners have rear lockers on top of atracs and multi terrain select. I can't speak for the tacos, but those trims in the 4runners have rear lockers.
Dammit you're right, and I knew that.

The 4Runners and Tacos have it on the ORs and Pros.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
There's no lower end on the Sport and Ford is said to be marketing that as a premium vehicle, so plan to be shocked on it's price. I believe people are also kidding themselves if they think Bronco will be any cheaper than Wrangler.
There will be a lower end sport. Other wise everyone will just buy the Cherokee, Trailblazer, Seltos, CX30z
all of those are the same size as the sport and have a base trim fwd starting at low 20s

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Bronco reveal has officially been delayed until July 55E8EB72-B477-49C0-A188-A767B10963D2

I mean a base model Escape with AWD and nothing else is $30k. I’d expect Bronco sport to top that by $2k at a minimum, and then obviously a BroncoBronco will be a few thousand more than that to start. Y’all can do the math, anyone expecting a sub-$35k Bronco I’ve got news... not happening.

The base SE Escape has a lot of features that I’m sure will come on a Bronco. Sync 3 is standard, I’m sure Sync 4 will be standard on Bronco. So is heated front seats and proximity entry (which is not standard on a wrangler btw) and other things of course.

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I considered getting a Defender 90 many years ago. My best friend at the time was a mechanic. He and his Dad had a shop that specialized in Mercedes but they worked on all makes. He talked me out of the Defender. One reason he said was the wiring harness was like telephone wire and that they were always breaking down and in the shop. He told me to pay attention to flat bed tow trucks driving by and that they always seemed to have a Land Rover product on them. He was right! I would see one or two a day going by. I told everyone they were problematic. So, I come to find out years later, the dealer one town over offered concierge flat bed pick up and delivery for service. My bad, but a bad optic on their part. Come to think of it , my buddy talked me out of a cool F150 stepside with a 5speed. I should call him.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just for reference here’s a 2-door Ranger basically built how I believe a base Bronco will come. (4x4, Power seats, Sync, XLT equivalent)
Ford Bronco Bronco reveal has officially been delayed until July BA9F41AE-F994-4615-9CE6-E24274668609

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Bronco reveal has officially been delayed until July BA9F41AE-F994-4615-9CE6-E24274668609

I mean a base model Escape with AWD and nothing else is $30k. I’d expect Bronco sport to top that by $2k at a minimum, and then obviously a BroncoBronco will be a few thousand more than that to start. Y’all can do the math, anyone expecting a sub-$35k Bronco I’ve got news... not happening.

The base SE Escape has a lot of features that I’m sure will come on a Bronco. Sync 3 is standard, I’m sure Sync 4 will be standard on Bronco. So is heated front seats and proximity entry (which is not standard on a wrangler btw) and other things of course.
This seems to be what some are missing. Escape base model is S while Sport base model would be compared to SE as shown above is $29,995. How many people actually buy a base model? The Sport is going to be marketed as a premium vehicle which will raise the price even more. Escape Titanium fully optioned goes into upper $30's, which would put the comparable Sport model at about $40k.

prendrefeu

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
heavily modified off-road Volvo XC60
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
He told me to pay attention to flat bed tow trucks driving by and that they always seemed to have a Land Rover product on them. He was right! I would see one or two a day going by. I told everyone they were problematic. So, I come to find out years later, the dealer one town over offered concierge flat bed pick up and delivery for service. My bad, but a bad optic on their part.
You should look up the term "Confirmation Bias"

ie, if something is on your mind, you are more likely to see it.

(example: thinking about Broncos lately? You're somehow now seeing more older model Broncos on the road than you were before, even though their rate of appearance is not any different. You're just noticing it more).

Knowing basics of human psychology can help you navigate through the bullshit.

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I considered getting a Defender 90 many years ago. My best friend at the time was a mechanic. He and his Dad had a shop that specialized in Mercedes but they worked on all makes. He talked me out of the Defender. One reason he said was the wiring harness was like telephone wire and that they were always breaking down and in the shop. He told me to pay attention to flat bed tow trucks driving by and that they always seemed to have a Land Rover product on them. He was right! I would see one or two a day going by. I told everyone they were problematic. So, I come to find out years later, the dealer one town over offered concierge flat bed pick up and delivery for service. My bad, but a bad optic on their part. Come to think of it , my buddy talked me out of a cool F150 stepside with a 5speed. I should call him.
Mercedes does something like that as well, when I was in home renos we had a client with several. When he had issues they came to his house but they had it in a covered trailer both ways.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
BTW this is the price of a base model 4Runner... with an interior that looks like this LOL. My cousin also just bought a 4Runner limited, so the luxury trim. He paid a tick over $50k and shit didn’t even come with a rear locker. Fuck that noise lol.
Ford Bronco Bronco reveal has officially been delayed until July 89513FF5-45F6-46B2-B459-AB9399585309

Ford Bronco Bronco reveal has officially been delayed until July 96273D2B-A640-4902-9426-DF87F1484F59
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.