First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m pretty concerned right now. I hate this whole situation because I don’t feel like anybody is getting the correct message... because there isn’t one. Wear a mask, don’t wear a mask. It spreads on surfaces now it doesn’t. The U.S. response to this has been a clusterfuck and now AZ is a hotspot, our hospitals are nearing capacity.
That's because there is no message. It's being largely ignored by the federal government.
Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's because there is no message. It's being largely ignored by the federal government.
right now especially, with the riots/protests. let's not talk about the riots though...

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
right now especially, with the riots/protests. let's not talk about the riots though...
Totally agree. Not a conversation we need to have here lmao.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Alarming rise in virus cases as states roll back lockdowns
Cases are rising in nearly half the states, according to an Associated Press analysis, a worrying trend that could intensify as people return to work and venture out during the summer.
CONTEXT!

From what I saw it was due to increased testing of people, not an actual increase of cases

I have this sneaking suspicion that COVID-19 is more wide spread then what we know and many have had a mild case of it already.

Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey now, if a little fight over pineapple on pizza get get us little leaks, could you imagine the size of the leak a protest fight would yield? :D
it would be a feeding frenzy

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
From what I saw it was due to increased testing of people, not an actual increase of cases
Its actually BOTH of the above...absolute number of positives AND in many areas a doubling of the percentage of tests showing positive.

But in truth...no reason for the feds to be publicly wringing their hands over this...they can't control it any more than they can control cancer. My supposition is large numbers of folks are ignoring the well-publicised precautions.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
CONTEXT!

I have this sneaking suspicion that COVID-19 is more wide spread then what we know and many have had a mild case of it already.
I agree but it’s now apparent that it’s spreading more too. Arizona hospitals are now at 85% capacity which is WAY more than we were a few weeks ago.

Sponsored

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the percent of positives is what you need to be looking at, which is barely climbed(.5 percent)and on same days drops. More testing equal more positives, simple statistics. As someone said before it's going to come out that this is way more widespread than thought and also way less deadly minus those with underlying issues.

Broncoguy72

Badlands
First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2017 VW Jetta GLI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford can't win here. They wanted to reveal it in March to the media right when the Covid-19 shutdown happened. I'm sure we all felt like it was going to happen soon - like in the last couple of weeks, but the US news is dominated with civil unrest.

This unveiling needs to go perfectly for Ford so I think it was a good move to schedule it out far enough so it can get the media attention it deserves. Unveiling it in these times surely means it'll get swept under the rug fairly quickly IMO.
I dislike the fact you're so right haha. I hope it's earlier on in the month, like pre July 10th? FIngers crossed but who knows at this point.

Longshot

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Adding options is a killer all right. Kind of odd that a 2 door is more than a 4. I can afford it, but don't want to spend that much.
No rush.
Yeah agreed... I would be super hesitant to take an 80k vehicle anywhere off-road! I think they list the 2dr as a "First Edition"model... So possibly the next year the price will drop...?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
the percent of positives is what you need to be looking at, which is barely climbed(.5 percent)and on same days drops. More testing equal more positives, simple statistics. As someone said before it's going to come out that this is way more widespread than thought and also way less deadly minus those with underlying issues.
Agreed but unfortunately having opened the door to increased restrictions on our liberties, it may not be so easy to close that door. In my area, I think the Chicago Lakefront is still officially closed to runners/bikers/walkers, although citizens are essentially voting with their feet and hitting the lakefront paths regardless.

The outdoor closures and restrictions are perhaps the biggest debacle of this COVID situation, which we know is primarily a threat to persons with certain pre-existing conditions, and primarily transmitted indoors when in more than passing contact with an infected person.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m pretty concerned right now. I hate this whole situation because I don’t feel like anybody is getting the correct message... because there isn’t one. Wear a mask, don’t wear a mask. It spreads on surfaces now it doesn’t. The U.S. response to this has been a clusterfuck and now AZ is a hotspot, our hospitals are nearing capacity.
Science wasn't meant for "daily updates" but the Interwebs have conditioned many people to expect all answers "now" and if you change the information based on new information then you were lying.

The culture is a mess. That is why I need an off-road capable vehicle, so I can avoid most of society. :cool:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.